Why Is LP Pissing You Off?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Kevin, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Well, I would have agreed with this if BITS had been released after Meteora. But that wasn't the case. You wrote that LP was knowd for head-banging and screaming and stuff, but at the time of ATS release, they had already released a record full of power ballads 2 years ago. If I compare BITS to songs like In Pieces or Shadow of the Day, I can't see much progression there. There is one, but it's not revolutionary. I've always considered BITS a kind of traditional LP song with its catchy Chester's chorus, but presented in a more soft way.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  2. EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

This.

3. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

The way it's different from MTM is in the patience. MTM, although a lot softer than the first two albums, is still more about big poppy choruses. This makes the songs trend "down, up, down, up" meaning the verses are quieter and then the choruses are big. BITS is just one steady trend upwards, and you are right that two or three songs on MTM do this as well. Most songs on A Thousand Suns really make you earn a payoff instead of throwing walls of sound at you repeatedly. Those little things can end up making a lot of difference on how a song hits you.

And goldenbear wanted to read the full review: http://openseasonreviews.tumblr.com/post/55157905321/cd-critique-marketing-1

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  4. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

So Linkin Park is pissing me off right now because they're working with techno DJs that do dubstep and drugs

5. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

What's wrong with drugs?

6. ZachLP

ZachLP Soldier since 2000

I hate how LP is becoming such a mainstream pop band. A lot of rock/alternative/metal bands that I know don't do tons and tons of collaborations and remixes and all that stupid shit. A lot of pop stars and rappers do a lot of collaborations and remixes, and that is what LP is becoming sadly. At least Chester is saved because of STP, as for the rest of the band, I don't even know anymore. LP always had a ''unique'' side of electronic music, but this dubstep and EDM stuff is not unique, it's a trend. It's funny how LP claims to hate being called nu-metal and that they hate nu-metal music, yet Dubstep and EDM are as much of a trend as nu-metal ever was. I guess LP is just a trendy band nowadays.

7. Minus

LP has been doing collaborations since day one. Look at Reanimation.

Also, rock/alt/metal bands don't do tons of collaborations and remixes? What?

NIN has put out 3 remix albums and 1 remix EP.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Inch_Nails_discography#Remix_albums

Glitch Mob has done remixes for Coheed and Cambria, TV on the Radio, and the White Stripes.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glitch_mob#Remixes

Bush put out a remix album in 199-fuckin-7.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deconstructed_(Bush_album)

Industrial metal band Ministry put out a remix album in 2007.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rio_Grande_Dub

Razia's Shadow is an album by prog rock Forgive Durden that features 13 guest singers.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Razia's_Shadow:_A_Musical

Have you listened to Slash's solo album? You know, the guy who was the guitarist for Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver? So many collaborations, I guess he's just being trendy.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slash_(album)

Stop talking out of your ass, ZachLP before I post another 10 examples of why you're wrong.

EDIT:

Oh hey, and there's Radiohead too! Guess they're all about stupid shit too amirite
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TKOL_RMX_1234567

And then there's Bloc Party! Guess instead of Indie rock they should be considered indie trendy.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloc_Party_discography#Remix_albums

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  8. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I've said it in another thread, and I will say it in this one too. If you think for one minute that Linkin Park were anything other than a pop band, your whole perception of the band has been one huge misconception.

9. ZachLP

LOL you can post 1000 more reasons why I am wrong. It doesn't change anything, or prove me wrong. I said LP is a pop band, and they are. I also stated that I didn't like all the dubstep/EDM collaborations, which is an opinion, not a fact. An opinion technically can't really be 'wrong'. I also don't listen to any of those bands, so I don't really care about who did remixes for them, or who they've collaborated with. I also don't have an issue with any past LP collaborations, I liked them all. LP has never really collaborated with a dubstep/EDM artist before, so this is why I said I disliked it, because it's new and I'm not a fan. I will admit that I think the tons of LP remixes that came out for ATS and LT songs did get a bit annoying, but it didn't change anything for me honestly. Neither will these dubstep/EDM collaborations, unless LP features these artists or makes this kind of music on their main studio album. Keep that shit off the album and I won't really care much. I will say this one more time. LP has a unique style of electronic music in their songs, that I absolutely love. But I don't think dubstep/EDM music is very unique, and I think it's just trendy music, much like the ever-so-hated nu-metal music was back in the day. Also, as far as I'm concerned, this conversation is over.

10. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

umad?

11. ZachLP

Basically. I'm extremely disappointed. LP has been my favorite band since I was 10 years old and I've spent so much money on LP that it's sickening. I've traveled all over to see LP play live. LP is a big part of my life, so of coarse I am going to take them seriously. I have never been upset about a LP release honestly, but this I am upset about. I honestly loathe Dubstep/EDM music and it seems that LP is going to be going down this road fully. It sucks when your favorite band for most of your life lets you down. I don't like any other artist or band as much as LP, it's going to suck. At least Chester is with STP. Maybe STP will just become my favorite band if LP really does make albums in Dubstep/EDM music from now on. I will admit, it is a bit weird that a six piece band that all play instruments are pushed in the back for computer noises and programmed instruments. I can't think of many bands in LP's style that do that fully. I guess they are trying to piss off their fan base again.

12. Minus

Man I hate when my favorite rock band goes all pre-programmed instruments.

[youtube]7drBeuxX814[/youtube]

13. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'm okay with these recently-announced collaborations for the time being but if it turns out that Linkin Park are doing some "The Path Of Totality" shit (as opposed to just making these tracks for, say, the next LP Underground CD), then, I'll have a problem with it all.

14. Juliet

Juliet Well-Known Member

I'm kind of confused. When did Chester and Mike doing a song with an artist turn into "OMG THEY'VE BECOME SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA UNACCEPTABLE"?

15. Minus

Since Linkin Park fans.

16. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

lol

17. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I respectfully disagree. Popular music is one thing, pop music is another.

Linkin Park have always been mainstream. They're as popular as today's pop stars. But they're not a pop band.

I'm not saying this because I don't want to be seen as listening to pop music – I like some pop, however I don't see Linkin Park as a pop band, and hence this post. Call me nitpicky if you want.

18. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Metallica is a pop band too. :trollface:

19. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Can't forget about the shit ton of remixes by innerpartysystem.

The Sounds - Dance with the Devil

Joy Formidable - Whirring

Starkey - Lost in Space

As I Lay Dying - The Blinding of False Light

Chemical Brothers - Setting Sun

Kaskade - Fire In Your New Shoes

Underoath - Catch Myself Catching Myself

Deluka - OMFG

BluePrint - So Alive

Good Charlotte - Like It's Her Birthday

Katy Perry - California Gurls

AWOLNATION - Sail

AWOLNATION - Burn It Down

David Bowie - Fame

3OH!3 - My First Kiss

Twin Atlantic - Human After All

The Presets - Talk Like That

3OH!3 - Don't Trust Me

30 Seconds to Mars - Kings & Queens

The Killers - Human

Cobra Starship - Hot Mess

Radiohead - Nude

Trouble Andrew - Chase Money

Katy Perry - Hot N Cold

LadyHawke - Paris is Burning

Keane - Perfect Symmetry

http://innerpartysystem.com/music/remixes/

just to name a few.

20. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Maybe they're doing it because they like it. Thought of that? Maybe it's new for them. Maybe their minds aren't as closed as yours. Maybe they don't care about people like you, who dismiss them for doing things that are exciting and new for them.

In other words, everything you said is downright stupid. Sincere apologies.