Play LP RECHARGE Now!

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Sep 12, 2013.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

So this was a total cock up. :lol:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Genius! Shinoda's done it again!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah I also don't like how you have to pay money to get more crystals to advance in the game. This is just coming off as a quick cash grab and a ploy to make tons of money off the fans. This is no better than games like Candy Crush and it's really disappointing to see something like this from the band. Even 8-Bit didn't force you to buy further upgrades/crystals to finish the game. Not to mention the game and it's servers were not ready for the load at all despite heading months to prepare.

What a cock up indeed.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*facepalm* No really, tell us how you feel about it. Lol

RatedRsuperstar0303

RatedRsuperstar0303 Well-Known Member

Every Facebook game has a "free to play" design and Recharge is no different. It's absolutely made for people with patience or money to burn (it down....bah dum tiss)

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I ran out of those crystals and I can't play anymore. So, now I wait 'til tomorrow to get 10 crystals for coming back? And then playing just 5 missions again?

And no, I won't pay for the crystals, I'd rather pay for their album.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

This game is a failure

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

We're currently at 0.007% of the total goal.

We're not getting this unless they seriously bring those numbers down or the number of points you get for completing a mission seriously increases.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I haven't had bought any crystals and I have progressed through the game, there are ways you can get them for free. By finishing the basecamp you get 250 crystals as a welcome to the game, and by playing daily missions you can get from 50 to 90 (when you reach your personal goal) and 5 crystals everytime you re-play the mission after completing it.

I have been able to buy upgrades and keep playing as much as I want by just doing that, now, if people really want to go a lot faster than that then maybe monetary action can be taken.

And I don't know, I think the money will go to Power the World instead of the band, so I think that would be the "good cause" that's behind the game in the first place.

Don't lie, it's 0.7%. It's still not a lot but your number is exaggerated.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
    Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

I'd like to know how the money is split, lol.

lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

95% to Warner Bros. Show me the money. $$$$$

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Anyway, is the game good?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I just think this wasn't too well thought out. They're asking for 10 million points basically (as you get rewarded with KWh you finish a mission) when it took several days for the LP fanbase to get 3000 followers on a twitter account tied to a promotion for a new album. I really think they had way too much faith in the fans to get this done quickly. At the rate we're at now (one percent in two days) it'll take months for fans to reach the target and Recharge will be out by then.

Either they'll have to lower the goal or award higher points for stuff. The game is a hit and is being played constantly but 10 mil is a ridiculous number to reach. Just being honest. Not faulting the band here.

Tish

Tish New Member

Guys 1000kwh = 1mwh which means that 72 000 000 kilowatt hours = 72 000 megawatt hours. 72 000 mwh outta 10 000 000 mwh means that we are 0.7% the way there. BUT. And this is a bid BUTT: Look at the progress bar. It seems to be about 7% complete (or maybe a little below) but its certainly far far over 0.7%. This already means that something is wrong with these targets. Either with the goal in mwh vs kwh or with the progress bar. The game developer doesn't know his conversions or his perception of progress? So much nonsense. I reckon they should scrap it and give us the song. Someone tweet mike

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

We need to get the you tuber to play it

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

That I can agree with you on, with the milestone. But on other things as discussed either here or on shoutbox, some are being either too negative or feel too entitled they have to get something right NOW, even when they haven't even played the game nor are thinking to do it.

We are getting two things for free (both game and song), and if you're (people, not you Derek) just gonna sit there and do nothing then at least don't bitch about it and simply wait. It annoys me because I want to enjoy the thing and people are just pouring with negativity left and right.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Definitely. Especially if you consider that the first days after the release should be the most potent ones. It wouldn't last months but maybe years. However i doubt they will be reducing the goal, higher points would make more sense.

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

Unless it's something like... Hit the requirement and you'll get the song early. If not, you'll get it anyways. So I think maybe they're just trying to make sure people are playing the game and fall in love with it so that they'll keep playing.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

If you look at the daily monthly users of the game, only about 3200 people are or have played it, so if they're server can't seem to handle that much stress, we aren't going to be able to get to our goal before the album is released.

20. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

I'm going to be honest and say that I'm truly disappointed with the way this is being handled. I was excited and pumped about playing the game and unlocking the song, but now since the goal is impossible to reach, we are basically waiting for LP to decide when to release the song, because as Derek said, the goal will not be reached unless we get help in either an increase in points or lowering of the goal, which is basically the same thing as waiting for LP to release the song since they are altering the system.