"RECHARGED" Tracklist & Artwork Announced

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Sep 13, 2013.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

EDM music is music.
    Music has a genre of EDM.
    EDM falls into that genre of EDM.
    All music is the same.
    Success! :D

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

???
    Profit!​

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Definitely never pre-ordering anything through LP again. I'll just save myself a good $15-20 and get it off Amazon, thanks. I am digging the cover though, no lie.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

How bout a Recharged countdown on the front page, like it was with LT?

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Great idea, Filip.

linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;qJfygm_WfFM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJfygm_WfFM[/video]

I like this one

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

One's got to ask why Mike's always the one remixing. Hahn, where are you?

tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

Getting fat.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Holy fish! That's awesome! Is it official?

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Dirtyphonics. Never fails to impress.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

By first listen I'm not sure if I like it. At first glance looks all over the place and over the top.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I think the tracklist is cool, but I was expecting more unreleased, non LT:R tracks...

linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

I dont know for sure, just typed on youtube and found this ...and I really liked! :cool:

Andreina

Yeah. It's not too bad but.. My problem is that, I think they should know (or at least should've) that LT:R didn't have the best of receptions, and that if you want to deliver something up-scaled you had to at least scrap those.

Although I want this compilation to do well, I think Mike shouldn't have mentioned "Reanimation" in the post, it was going to raise expectations too much and by the looks of it, it won't be even close. Every track from Reanimation was great, and if almost half of this album is made by remixes the general fanbase didn't care much about, then it doesn't do justice for Recharged to be its "successor".

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Well, basically, Recharged will be an official LP remix record as Reanimation was, so both will share the same official standing. I guess that's why Mike mentioned it.

But yeah, I agree with you on the fact that Recharged probably won't be even close to the quality of Reanimation. From the tracks we have got so far, it seems like this new release will take a quite generic EDM path. I'm mean, I love EDM music, and I'm happy to get new unreleased remixes, but to be honest, almost none of the released tracks so far were memorable or great EDM tracks. Most of them are simply following the "trendy" (yes, I said it! ahah) rules of the genre. While Reanimation was a cohesive record that proposed entire re-interpretations of the original songs, this new one will probably be a compilation of tracks more in accordance with what people usually expect of remixes these days: some random vocals + big bass + a repeated loop.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
    Andreina

What I highlighted in bold. Yes!! Spot on that.

I will still buy it though because I love giving LP my money (haha :lol:), but, unless the limited pack has a very tempting price, I will buy standard.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

While this is exciting and a great surprise, Recharged won't have shit on Reanimation.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Oh, yes, I forgot that Hahn has done remixes of his own. Perhaps he performed some token scratching on one of Shinoda's tracks

It's a little more than that; the album was designed to be a cohesive experience with a running theme of sorts. They actually wanted it to be different, conceptually and sonically, from every other remix album. Shinoda and co. straight collaborated with artists on every track in order to make it that way, taking the time and effort to write and record new vocal and instrument parts. Most of the songs can be described as "reimaginings" of their original counterparts.

Now, from my perspective as a fan, no remix album ever has or ever will come close to "Reanimation". It is so way beyond being a token remix effort that it boggles the mind, and to say that it was ahead of its time is a massive understatement. In addition to selling fairly well, the band released a single to promote it - as if it were a regular studio album, you might say - and created one of the earliest fully-CGI music videos as a result.

"Recharged", and "Living Things: Remixed" before it, were likely not made with that mindset at all. It can be pretty safely assumed that the band simply passed master tracks to the producers that they commissioned, received a bunch of finished remixes in return and called it a day.

Why was Shinoda suddenly no longer hesitant to compile another remix album? Well, when you do it like that, it's probably nowhere near as hard!
    • Shinoda wouldn't have needed to actually be in the studio with any of the artists so the scheduling wouldn't have been as difficult. He's been quoted saying that this was the hardest aspect of the process for "Reanimation" and the reason why he wouldn't want to take on such a project again
    • no-one in the band would've needed to bother with coming up with new lyrics/vocals or instrument parts
    • they wouldn't have needed to worry about trying to create a cohesive listening experience when sequencing the album
    And the end result is something close to a cookie-cutter remix effort where the band hasn't strived to create something "different from what's going on out there". Overall, the production you're gonna hear on this album is exactly what's going on out there.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to Pusha T and Ryu verses, at least.

RatedRsuperstar0303

RatedRsuperstar0303 Well-Known Member

LMAO! Thats so mean but so funny. poor joe lol