"High Rise" EP Leaks

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Sep 27, 2013.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

So much no.

ZachLP

ZachLP Soldier since 2000

Not at all, to me at least. I was actually going to post about something regarding DBS in this thread. I was going to say that I still listen to Out Of Ashes almost every day, ever since it has been released back in 2009. I was wondering to myself if this EP will have any sort of that replay value for me. I don't think it will. I really enjoy Cry Cry, but the rest are average songs IMO. I love Out Of Time but that song has been severely overplayed by myself since like May.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Well, then, you don't understand.

Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

I really liked Out of Ashes also...and also Not Alone ....I think 'Fire' is such a great song and so underrated!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I must be the only Linkin Park fan on the planet who felt Out of Ashes was overproduced and could've been way better. It was too polished and some of the glossy production removed the soul and feeling from the tracks completely. There's only 3-4 tracks from that album I still listen to regularly and that's it. I don't want to insult Chester but it just felt forced.

This music seems so natural, and so organic in comparison. There's nothing generic about it. They're doing song structures that don't exist in Linkin Park, they're making complex instrumentals backed by solid vocal performances by Chester and some fantastic lyrics. It's just a better album.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I agree. It's not a bad album, and I still need to hear High Rise, but it could have been so much better. I hadn't even bothered keeping a copy of Out of Ashes floating around on my hard drive. I just kinda... Forgot about it.

StoneTempleBrett

StoneTempleBrett Active Member

Very impressed by the EP like I said in my review on my site. The melodies to Tomorrow and Same On The Inside are just incredible, I'm a sucker for good pop hooks and Chester nailed them there. I hope they just keep releasing music may it be singles, more EP's, or maybe at some point a full album. When Tomorrow ends I keep wishing there were another 5-7 tracks.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This. The EP just starts to really pick up steam when Tomorrow starts, to the point it left you hungry for more. I'm really hoping for a full length or second EP next year. They obviously are still writing while on the road [or so you'd think] so there's no reason not to suspect they couldn't bang out the ideas in a week. I know Rob was joking about the other EP, but at this point I wouldn't mind having two EPs to make a quasi-full length release.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Yeah it just leaves you with that feeling like "that's it? Nooooooooooo!" :lol: .. Since every song is 3 and something minutes, it makes it feel even shorter.

With this STP release and tour schedule, I can't help but wonder what is the modus operandi for Chester in LP6. Somehow I feel like the band is going "ahead" first and then Chester would come in and do his parts, but that doesn't sound quite right when you know they usually have weekly meetings and stuff, as well as Chester being involved in the overall process. Still, I'm sure he's got his schedule carefully planned.

Putting that aside.. Wouldn't it be cool for STP to do some TV show appearances? You know, the Jimmy Kimmel type of deal? I don't know if that's a thing anymore ha ha ha I'm not in the loop with this stuff currently.

ZachLP

ZachLP Soldier since 2000

I respect your opinion, but I love Out Of Ashes. I always have. A lot of the songs on the album hold special meaning to me lyrically, that could be part of the reason why I love it so much. I just think it's a great album. It is a bit over-produced, I will give you that. I feel like if DBS (SWT) released the album in 2005 like they originally were going to, LP fans might have liked it better. I bet it wouldn't sound over-produced and stuff like that. Chester once said that the album they were going to originally put out in 2005 sounded very different than the product that we got in late 2009. It was in a DBSTV somewhere.

minuteforce

It's definitely still a thing. :)

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Yeah. Something felt weird about Out of Ashes. I liked the album, but I don't listen to that many songs anymore from that album. Songs like "Too Late" were just too overproduced.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Fire is the only DBS song I still listen to. High Rise is much better than Out of Ashes.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Need to give this a whirl...

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

That would be cool.

~

O, you've got a very pretty signature.

~

About Dead by Sunrise, it sure isn't top-quality, some songs ("Give Me Your Name" :rolleyes:) are way too generic, the lyrics are quite silly here and there, but Out of Ashes worked as an album, displaying Chester in a much different soundscape from what we'd been used to with Linkin Park. Now I can't compare it with High Rise, because I haven't heard it yet.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

Very solid EP. All the tracks are great. Strong melodies, cool chord progressions, great bass-lines (damn, he's melodic on that bass), solid lyrics. This is the kind of stuff I wish for in LP. I mean they talk about experimenting and thinking outside the box, but mostly the experimenting is done in the sound department, not in the song itself. If you strip it down it's really the same chord-progressions and time-signatures most of the time. If you truely want to challenge the listener then start experimenting in the songwriting-department. Not only in the production.

Also, you can just hear how much rock 'n' roll and great musicianship inspires Chester give everything he's got. I love it.

minuteforce

This is pretty true.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I agree with you, I actually think he should have done the acoustic album that he initially intended to do.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

It's great seeing so many people agree with a positive opinion on the EP. :)

I haven't heard it yet but I am pretty damn excited to hear it.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure a lot of people here think the same way, you're definitely not the only one :lol:

And I agree, the STP material feels natural, organic and definitely not forced. Chester's where he's supposed to be, simple as that.

Agreed. With all of this.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013