LPA Playback: October 2013

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Sep 30, 2013.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

First and foremost, on behalf of the entire LPA staff, I would like to apologize to you all for not yet announcing a winner for August's edition of LPA Playback. I would also like to apologize for the exclusion of the September edition of the LPA Playback competition. We have been greatfully overwhelmed with the number of quality entries for our first rendition of the LPA Playback and we can assure you that a winner for August's competition will be announced within the week. Further, the LPA Staff have pledged to announce future winners and competitions on time, as opposed to the delay that we had for August. Thank you for your entries in August and thank you for understanding.

That being said, we are proud to announce that the competition for the month of October is:

LPA Playback

You read that right, we are doing it again. We are encouraging the musicians on our website to write, and record their own original music for potential feature on our website. You may either write and record a song as a solo artist, or collaborate together as a team with other LPAers to submit your song. The only thing that's important is that it is all original, is not a remix of another artist's music or a cover, and is your OWN work. There are plenty of bands or artists out there who are Linkin Park fans and who have made their own music either together or as an artist, but do not do remixes. With LPA Playback we hope to change that, and give notice to some of the original music currently happening within the Linkin Park fanbase. What makes this very different from the MMUs is that there will be no theme. You can be an EDM artist, Hiphop artist, rock band, jazz band...anything! We just want to hear YOU.

Users must submit their entry as a reply to the announcement thread, and may use SoundCloud or YouTube to host their works. All SoundCloud submissions must feature THIS GRAPHIC as the album art, and likewise all YouTube videos must contain the aforementioned graphic in some format with the words "LPASSOCIATION.COM LPA Playback Entry:" appearing somewhere within the video/soundcloud upload title. This is done to help spread word about the monthly competitions so that more submissions can be made possible

[​IMG]

[Note: Including the above graphic in your submission (as either soundcloud album art, or somewhere in your youtube video) is a requirement. Failure to do so will make your entry unable to be considered in the competition. ALSO IF YOU USE SOUNDCLOUD, PLEASE ENABLE DOWNLOADS OF YOUR TRACK AS WELL AS EMBEDDING.]

As of posting this, the competition is officially open and will be running until October 31st. Good luck to all, and we hope to hear as many, if not more brilliant entries than we recieved in August!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
    Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Great to see another edition of this.

If I can give you guys my honest opinion, though: the great amount of entries won't likely change, so you're still gonna be overwhelmed by this great number of tracks. To me, it's not realistic to say that you'll be able to listen to them all and decide who's "the winner" out of all these entries the same way you did with the MMU's.

Make it so that you give yourselves enough time to judge over the entries, make sure that you won't be overwhelmed by these crazy amounts of entries. Otherwise, delays will inevitably happen again and eventually, people will lose their interest. Just wanna give my 2 cents on the whole thing.

This format is way different than the MMU's (the freedom here is immensly bigger whereas, with the MMU's, you're limited to a theme) and should be handled differently IMO. You could f.e. give the people one month where they can send their entries and then give yourselves another month or something to decide on the winner (even though choosing one winner seems quite difficult, but anyways). Downside, there's a wait after it, but you'll have enough time to choose your winner(s) in a proper way. Doing a Playback every other month seems more realistic as well.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
    Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Was wondering what happened to this lol. Will be submitting something later on in the month.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

You guys should do a Parental Advisory-like sticker for this. I think it would be cool. :lol:

Hybrid

Thank you for the imput, Decay! We are implementing several things in order to determine a winner within the first week of the following month. As a former competitor in the MMU, I remember how those after the competition butterflies felt. We want to give you guys the results as quickly as possible. We also want to keep the competition going strong.

JackF1992

JackF1992 Jack

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

27 tracks for the 1st edition of LPA Playback. That's a lot to take in.

Hope this month gives us some quality stuff as well, in a manageable amount :lol:.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm flattered that you guys are using the graphic I made for the LPA Playback competition.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

ask them credits

crywave

crywave Member

JackF1992

JackF1992 Jack

francolozano

francolozano Well-Known Member

Hey, guys! First of all, thanks for considering my entry for August as a runner up, I really appreciated it. So now, here's a new entry for this month's LPA playback.
    This song is called is called "Breaking Apart", I hope you like it, and also check out the video for the song (link for the video in the description on soundcloud)

https://soundcloud.com/francolozanomusic/breaking-apart-unreleased-demo

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Just curious would anyone be interested in working together in creating an entry for this?

crywave

crywave Member

IM IN! :D

Hybrid

Wow! The part after the bridge reminds me of "Endless" by Unearth. Props for stepping out of the box and being different!

ecnaidareht

ecnaidareht Well-Known Member

Dismantle

Dismantle First person to create a 'Robot Boy' Remix

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

If you're willing to work with a newb!

Alex10

Alex10 Active Member