Linkin Park to Play Hybrid Theory In Entirety

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Nov 5, 2013.

Tags:
    m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Absolutely brilliant news! I will be going for certain. However, a couple of points about things that are popping up in this thread:

(1) I've been to Download as a fan and as a road crew member with a band, and I'm familiar with the atmosphere and culture. The majority of people there are general alternative/rock/metal fans, and not nessicarily hardcore fans of the headliners. People will not, in a million years, be standing in the crowds at Download discussing the wisdom (or otherwise) of Linkin Park's choice of setlist, and they definitely won't be discussing the future direction of the band. They will be thousands of drunk, sweaty people shouting along the few words that they know from familiar Hybrid Theory songs and partying and having fun. Nothing more. I'm not a big Slipknot fan or follower, and couldn't care less about what their setlist says about them... I still enjoyed their show though!

(2) It simply doesn't matter how much we all love ATS. Hybrid Theory is the only obvious choice to play in its entirety at Download Festival.

(3) As Mark stated, this is a huge overreaction... one which I am now contributing to with this comment, so with that...

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Only a 12 songs setlist what about new songs

bullettrain

bullettrain Well-Known Member

Hopefully 14 with My December and High Voltage in the setlist as well

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

They're playing Hybrid Theory as 'part of their set'. They are not going to headline Download Festival and then only play 12 songs.

Would be great, but I'd be about 99% certain they wouldn't play My December and High Voltage. They're playing Hybrid Theory for the Download masses, not a small group of hardcore fans who know all their b-sides.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

usuallyd
    I really REALLY doubt they'd play just HT and leave it at that. there will obviously be 10 more songs or so after representing the rest of their hits. all bands who have played a full album live thats less than an hour usually do this.
    Also, My December? in the middle of summer at a metal festival? no chance! :lol:

anyway I'm so stoked for this. I'd love the go. even if its for the day, it looks too good to miss. its a shame im one of the only one of my friends that still likes LP any more xD

I really hope we get a dvd and/or HT reissue out of this

ecnaidareht

ecnaidareht Well-Known Member

Great news! I just wonder if this is an exclusive Hybrid Theory show at Download festival or will other summer festivals be included. I can easily see them doing the same in Germany at Rock Im Park/Rock Am Ring but maybe I am wrong. I wish to experience ATS live in its entirety.

Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

This is amazing news!!! I will be there, I go to every year, Download is the greatest festival in the world and now the greatest band in the world are headlining for the 4th time!!!

See you at the ****ing barrier, lets get it on ;)

Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

Nice touch on the lineup poster, using the Hybrid theory era LP logo!!! :)

Think there are going to be a lot of meetups, the LPU is going to take over Download!!

I seriously hope this isn't their only UK date. Not everyone can get to Download etc.

Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

Why not? Everyone can get to Download.

I don't do camping so I won't go for the whole weekend nor can I afford it. Meaning I need a day ticket and a car to get to Donington, a car is something I do not have.

So it's not practical for everyone. I only managed to get there for Maiden this year cos my Dad likes Maiden so getting him to take me again is out the question.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Where's this poster?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Here - funnily enough, it's actually the "Meteora"-era logo.

Derek

They should've included the brackets. I always thought they were the coolest part of the old logo.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Here's another one with a more recent logo. From Download's facebook

[​IMG]

BTW just as a random thought.. Some people still go "Linkin Park still makes music?", yet they still headline major festivals like these.

LP 4 lyf yo.. :lol:

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all I have to say.

tyrskytyyhty

tyrskytyyhty a little taste of hypocrisy

Whaaat, this thread was posted today and there are already 5 pages of answers. :dafuq: People are quick.

This is definitely exciting news! I bet the guys will have lots of fun playing HT live. I want to hear Cure for the Itch live, mmm.

^ Yes yes yes, that would be a magical experience! Maybe this will happen someday... Fingers crossed.

Derek

It's hilarious that a thread concerning almost 15 year old songs causes a larger fan reaction than the revelation by Chester that album #6 is coming out sooner than we think. Just goes to show how polarizing the old music is to the fanbase.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

And everyone's forgetting the important:

SUPERXERO GOT A UK!!!

20. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Awesome news! Don't know why some of you think it's awful.