Linkin Park to Play Hybrid Theory In Entirety

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Nov 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

From what I've seen it's mostly the ATS elitists having heart attacks because LP is playing Hybrid Theory over their holy album.

2. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

So, I've come full circle. Hopefully there's proshots of Forgotten and By Myself!

3. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

4. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

True - it's only the hardxcore fans that have strong opinions to share.

Yeah, there's good and bad to the idea. :)

5. Snail

If they play High Voltage chocolate fondue will leak out of my butt. So stoked.

6. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Hot

7. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

That's why I said some.

Sure you can. Justin Bieber, One Direction, and so on... sales mean nothing. But LP is different. Especially Hybrid Theory. That album has quality.

8. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Careful, we've never suggested it WILL be recorded, but that we WANT it to be recorded.. We don't know what will happen with it but it'd be awesome for this show to be documented.

9. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Some of the responses in this thread have made me realize that the lowest common denominator of Linkin Park fans are just as bad as the people from Below Empty who troll every Youtube video of Chester singing with STP with "OMFG Chester kill yourself please" and other comments along those lines. I know the band likes to rave about how tech-savvy, musically inclined, and generally intelligent their fanbase is, and that may be true 90% of the time...but that other 10% does more than enough to cancel it out, if you ask me.

But hey, I guess that's just us being a microcosm of society as a whole: Most of us are well-adjusted, logical people, but the ones that aren't make us all look bad.

10. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

:facepalm:

11. Andreina

Well, his post is very short-worded and probably generalizes too much but I think he does have a point.

12. Mitch

Mitch YTB

Surely it's not too much to ask for people to realise that Linkin Park has a right to perform whatever songs they want. Yes, people at the concert are paying a decent amount of money to attend (hence some backlash due to certain preferences), but at the end of the day it's Linkin Park's decision. Full stop.

Everyone has a right to an opinion, but I don't think the full on negative comments contribute anything - you don't have to agree with what they are choosing to do but there's no point complaining about it because LINKIN PARK have made their choice.

13. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

There is no such thing as "ATS elitists" and a "holy album". And if there are, they are most certianly not on this forum-- because most of the time it's not just ATS those people like.

It's moronic hyperbole, pure and simple. Thus deserving of a facepalm emote. The equivalent would be "The only people who like this news are Hybrid Theory Elitists, because it's their Holy Album".

This entire argument is stupid.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  14. Snail

I just skimmed through the thread. I chuckled.

Why can't we all just rejoice that they're playing their debut album in full? It's so frickin cool that they're doing this!

15. Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

I feel like there is something ironic about our names and your post....but I just can't put my finger on it...:WTF:

16. Reflectionist

Reflectionist Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Honestly, I'm just excited for Forgotten to be played for the first time in like, ten years.

17. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I'd call your reaction a hyperbole as well...

18. Andreina

Boom.

19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I just would hope that the band and their promoters wouldn't look at this site and assume that the 10% represents our entire site.

Some of the people overreacting in here don't realize how ridiculously bad it looks for an outsider to see this thread and see the amount of hyperbole and ridiculous paranoid whining that exists in these pages. It's pathetic that something that the band has decided to do purely for fun/shits and giggles has turned into several pages of HT vs ATS and accusations that the non nu-metal fans are elitists.

People forget that if Linkin Park didn't release their diamond certified debut album Hybrid Theory and multi-platinum follow up Meteora that the band wouldn't have likely been around long enough to take the risks they did with some of their later albums. Hybrid Theory is the reason this website exists in the first place. People need to let that sink in for a moment. If the band didn't release that album, we wouldn't be here as a website. I know I certainly would have been a completely different person (probably for the worse), and you all wouldn't have had the chance to meet the people on here you refer to as your friends.

And you know what, Linkin Park's later music may have become more complex and more experimental but I think it's pretty insane for people to disown the album that made that all possible and flip shit that the band is performing their old music. It's a one night only thing and I certainly see no issue in celebrating an album that changed my life (and likely the lives of others as well).

20. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

^ these kind of reactions are nothing new, Derek. And they are not likely to stop, even if you keep saying what you say. Sad? Yes, but it can't be helped.

But again, nothing new. Threads have been like this since forever.

#itnevergoesaway

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013