Linkin Park Six

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by EastGhost, Sep 6, 2013.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I'm thinking that ALTNC is the new QWERTY. A song that comes out before an album that is nothing like that song. :leo:

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Good point. :obama:

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

[video=youtube;Zcwfu8guxfE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcwfu8guxfE[/video]

@3:11 – "It's a little bit more of an EDM-leaning project."

~

At this point, I think we could say with 100% certainty that #6 will come out in 2014.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    Starclops

Starclops Member

I definitely don't want Dubstep/EDM, but I would be okay with something similar to Nine Inch Nails's Pretty Hate Machine, that kind of blend of electronic/dance and rock. The only problem I had with ATS is that at times it felt like there was too much electronic and not enough guitars. I really would like some balance. A lot of the best synth rock bands pull that off just fine.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Well...yeah. You're basically agreeing with the post you're quoting.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

After Mike's verses in RECHARGED. I'm cautiously squealing like a fangirl in anticipation upon the possibilities of a return to form for Shinoda in their next major release.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I didn't say that I disagreed. I simply wanted to add to that point.

Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

http://lpleaks.com/images/images articles/RECHARGED/q&a session mike 8-11-2013/16.png

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Just watched "Meeting of A Thousand Suns" again. Still freaking inspiring... Hope they go back to that mindset.

stormrider2

stormrider2 UNWANTED TRUTH

I kinda think they should do something similar to Given Up/No More Sorrow/Bleed It Out and blend in electronic sounds with it.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Some of their worst songs IMO.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I really don't get the whole concept of why people think ALTNC will sound like their next album. How many times has this happened now? Prior to MTM QWERTY sounded nothing like the album. Prior to Meteora, even Reanimation sounded nothing like the album. And prior to ATS....New Divide and Not Alone....none of those songs sounded like the album. So why are we freaking out about it now?

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Lotus Flower

Lotus Flower Well-Known Member

If they go back to HT/Meteora, I'll stop being an LP fan altogether. ATS really put them in the right direction, but Living Things felt like a step backwards. Obviously I don't want another ATS either, but I would like them to further that direction in innovating and pushing boundaries.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Damn, they won't go back to HT/Meteora. It's pretty clear and yet some are afraid of that lol

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Here you go.

Lotus Flower

Lotus Flower Well-Known Member

Yeah yeah I saw all that. I was just giving my thoughts on the very idea of it ever happening.

Quack

Quack Well-Known Member

hey guys, I've been wondering this: does anyone know if LP6 will be released under Warner or not? I'm not too sure about LP's contract status with WMG. Is LP still with them after releasing Recharged?

unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

I want to see LP take the creativity of ats and use that with the style of HT and Meteora but blend in the electronic influences over the more recent years. I want the instruments to be the dominating aspect of this new album. I understand why they wanted to distance themselves from that old sound, but from all the recent interviews im getting the feeling that maybe they have learned to embrace that style cause they are the best at it. LT was a huge letdown to me cause they said it was like a mix of old and new and in one way I think it was. Song structure wise it definitely resembled the old stuff a lot, but not sound wise at all really. Id love to see the weird structures,long songs of ats mixed with the heavy band oriented style of the old. I think that would be amazing. Id be surprised if we dont see a return to the old guitar sound on this album. Its been a while since they have done it and im sure when they decided to do something new a while back, they weren't planning on abandoning it completely. I really feel every lp album has something special about it in its own right, so why not throw all that in a stew and get some fresh lp? Those are my dreams for the next album,honestly though id be happy as long as there are heavy riffs and more organic band oriented stuff. Instead of songs that feel like they were made on a computer because they were.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013