LPU XIII Coming Nov. 18th With New Primo Demo

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Nov 14, 2013.

Tags:
    Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

I prefer this demo rather than the original too.

In my opinion, it could have been a really good song if finished.

Still sounds good though.

Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

I think this just goes to show that the band can experiment and be guitar driven at the same time. Cool song structure and chords. I really liked the track. I feel the electronic side of this track was a little underdeveloped though. It's a demo, so it makes sense, but in my opinion it didn't quite flow with the rest of the instruments yet.

I love the melodies and the "uh" harmonies in the new chorus. Also, the very end of the song is great. That's the kind of piano-playing I'd like to hear more of. Real fucking chords with emotion, not just naked piano-lines like in Robot Boy and many of their other songs lately.

You want to experiment LP? Don't just do it in the "cool new sounds"-department, get to the good stuff: Chords, time signatures, songs-structures, melodies.

Reflectionist

Reflectionist Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

I honestly think that Primo would work amazingly well with piano, vocals, and acoustic guitar.

Also a huge fan of how the guitar is playing in 3/4 while the other instruments are in 4/4.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

Really shocked with the difference. IBG is one of my favorites from LT, and this demo is completely shocking, refreshing and full of awesomeness!
    I wouldn't say it is better than the final version, but it is undoubtedly a pleasure to listen to and one of the best and most solid demos ever.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

If they would have developed this further, and done layering on Chester's vocals (especially at the end) similar to Powerless, this would have been such a fucking powerful song.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

This is a demo that sounds unfinished and yet also sounds way more interesting than what they eventually went with.. I find this bothersome :lol:

I'm gonna be disappointed if the next album is another album filled with +/- 3:30- 4:00 songs that go somewhat like this:

intro (aka the quirky synth that lasts for a couple of seconds) - chorus (without vocals) - verse - chorus - verse - chorus - bridge - final chorus + optional outro

Here's the deal: I just described Lost In The Echo, In My Remains, Burn It Down and I'll Be Gone aka 1/3 of Living Things. It feels fabricated and lazy. What hurts Living Things even more is that these 4 tracks are on the album's first 5.

More and more, I get the feeling that they took interesting demos they had lying around (like Primo) and pushed them into a direction so they'd fit the "firecracker structure", which explains how rushed some of the Living Things tracks felt for me during my first listen.

I get that they wanted more energy in their livesets but there are other, more exciting ways to do that (which I hope they do with the next album). I've said it before, Linkin Park should start focusing on more aspects other than "sound". They've got their sound down, they just have to do something interesting with it. Heck, Primo has way less going on and I already dig the vibe way more. Sometimes less is more.

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Welp, this is awesome. Absolutely loved it. The lyrics make it feel somewhat like LOATR Part 2 or something, I far prefer the final iteration's lyrics. Music-wise, though, holy shit. Can't wait to hear the other demos! (Woo for finally being able to afford LPU this year!)

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Love the opening

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

5:22 - 5:57 - An ode to what could've been. Ahhhh....

DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

The bridge needed a little work imo, but like many others, I much prefer this over the original version. Why Linkin Park opts for a much more bland final product is beyond me. The dudes are rich already, so it's not like taking creative chances would hurt them.

wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

I join the party
    definetly this is better than the final version
    Even the remix of pusha-vice is better than the final version
    In fact i always have considered in my remains and ill be gone something like they were twins
    In my remains the good one
    And ill be gone the evil one

Im glad we still get unfinished songs and demos
    instead of live versions
    an underground 8 part 2 might be amazing too

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Oh my god this is amazing. Why couldn't LIVING THINGS be like this? Hope the next album is more complex and not as basic as LT

deadbysunrise

deadbysunrise Well-Known Member

I've always found IBG to be one of the weakest songs on Living Things. And LT is one of their weakest records, so that says a lot. However, this demo is... HOLY FUCK! I'm angry at LP for going with that 'firecracker' shit. How can you sacrifice something this good to make a forgettable 3-minute radio friendly track? So, LT was not rushed - they just wanted to make it look that way.

wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

Warner wanted to make it look that way
    so im expecting LP6 to be very similar to LT

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

And you guys know all these baseless theories to be true, how? :lol:.

A lot of conjecture in here guys. There could be a lot of reasons why Primo was changed so much by the time it got to I'll Be Gone, and the reasons could easily not have anything to do with anything being said here. Let's not start rumors folks!

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

The same guy did the design.

And about this demo...MIND-BLOWN. I loved the first line of chorus, the "Just carry on" part is awesome. The intro acoustic guitar is also cool. The drum in the bridge and 2nd verse sounds a little weird to me, but the overall vibe of the song is mind-blowing. This can easily be LP's best work if they throw in Owen's strings in this one as well, or even more extensive string arrangements IMO.

I'm seriously considering if I'm joining this years LPU. Sounds so good to me.

Another edit: The synth starting from 3:15 onward is a little bit of disturbing to me. But I loved this demo nonetheless. They totally should finish it off in this direction (And put it on RECHARGED).

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

that demo kills Living Things. that demo is amazing.

Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

Wow!

Somehow this song gave me the "Linkin Park goosebumps" that only LP could give, this song right here is magic! It feels so unbelievably refreshing to hear an array of different sounds and textures from LP, no offence to LT but this song is, to me, an example of intelligence through music. It stimulated my mind, listening to this. The song has a certain soul and sincerity within it that's lacking on most of LT and is present on almost all of ATS. I NEED to hear more of this kind of stuff from LP.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Maybe we'll get that "Tinfoil"/"Powerless" demo that the band once described :)

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I wouldn't call LIVING THINGS basic. The entire album featured a lot of interesting elements, all of which cancelled each other out, or were drowned away by a wall of noise @_@