LPU XIII Coming Nov. 18th With New Primo Demo

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Nov 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

There isn't necessarily any indication, no. We're just giving the band the benefit of the doubt here. :)

2. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Firstly, I have to agree with the general consensus and say that this Primo demo destroys the final version. The structure is way more interesting, and so is the overal instrumental.

On a second note though, I kind of hate the fact that most of the time, LP has to be all mellow and all to produce more interesting songs. Like, when they felt their songs in LT needed more energy, they basically went back to classic structures with some usual guitar progressions. I just don't understand why, with LT, they didn't try to be more energetic while maintening the interesting structures/progression in their music (well, Victimized and UIB being counterexamples of that, but still)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  3. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Mine, mine, mine, mine, mines!!!

4. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Who going to a meet up

5. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Chester's voice. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck

6. Reflectionist

Reflectionist Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

I don't even notice f there are arguments here, anymore. I'm too desensitized by the Black Armor vs Grey Spandex fights every few posts at SHH.

7. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

You've posted this same question before. If you read replies to your posts, you will know that I am going to one tonight. Please stop spamming the boards with repeating the same question.

8. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

I truly believe this is one of the few songs to please fans of both ATS and HT.

9. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Yeah, but unfortunately LT had to take all the beating :lol:.

10. RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

THIS.

Their best songs are usually too soft/mellow for most people. And the most loud/aggressive end up being childishly simple and formulaic. I hope the next album manages to combine their experimentation with their aggressive, guitar-driven side.

11. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Similarity.

12. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

You know I'm kind of sick of seeing you repeatedly post that even after you've been asked not to. And I don't know what Hybrid thinks of this but the next time you do this I will give you an infraction. Consider this your final warning.

13. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Firstly, wow. This version has so much more feeling to it.

Secondly:

Agreed.

Thirdly, the main reason this version stands out so much is cause we have the album version to compare it to. There are so many things in this version that sound so much more special because they play a completely different role in the final version. Take for example, the bit starting at 2:25ish of Primo, which is also the guitar in the background when Chester sings "Tell them I couldn't help myself" in IBG. In IBG, it felt like a bit of an awkward bridge put in to give that 'wall of noise' guitar sound but here...hnng. This entire version is littered with small things like that which make it memorable.

I find this very easy to masturbate to.

14. dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

I love the LT version as it is but imo this has so much more to offer! It's very rich and for me it has one of the best intro's/progressions ever.
    Very mature sound and I would love waaaaaaay more of this on the next album please!

15. RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

Is it just me, or does Chester's voice sound ridiculously AMAZING?! Better than most of LP's recordings. And this is a DEMO! :p

16. franktaiwan

franktaiwan Active Member

Yeah, there are some examples from Primo in Stagelight LP edition. xD

And actually, except "Primo", "Tinfoil" is also a demo from ATS era.

17. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

I am really sorry for that. Maybe I became a bit too frustated after reading the reactions..It was bad on my part to act like that..People are free to express their opinions over internet.I just wanted to express my disappointment after seeing LT being bashed in almost every news thread:(.I didn't wanted to hurt anyone's feelings..If I offended you, please accept my sincerest apologies.:)

18. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I would love to hear more of those 99 unknowd grunge demos actually.

19. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Yes plz.

20. Infinity

Infinity *

This track blew me away. In my humble opinion ATS is a failed expirement. I feel like it could have been way beter with more (full) tracks and if some tracks were a bit different. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the album but I always feel like it has more potential. And I must say, this track shows how it could be better. The structure, the lyrics, the breakdown... Just WOW! Im telling this because it is an ATS demo.
    I also must say that I love the lyric: There's nothing that can stop me from going home.

The lyrics also remind me of the serie Homeland but maybe that's because I just started watching it and im just in season 2.:sweating: