Linkin Park Launches LPU XIII - Tracklisting And Other Details Here

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 18, 2013.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I swear, I remember hearing UNTIL IT BREAKS was composed of 4 different demos. Wasn't Chester's part also a demo? I thought it was called Rising Sun.

Mateo

Mateo Name is Mateo. I tend to Over Think It.

No one mentioned anything about it but I really like Mike's rapping style in Foot Patrol more than in any recent song.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Haven't heard much talk about the two Sessions songs, Truth Inside A Lie and Change. Both are amazing songs. Wasn't the original purpose of LP Sessions was to "spark" ideas for Linkin Park? Anyways, if Linkin Park made an album that sounded like Truth Inside A Lie, oh boy then I would love LP6. The verses sound pretty good in Change. Wish it could have been an instrumental, not really a huge fan of the guys voice, especially in the chorus. Not a bad song by any means. But Truth Inside A Lie... I can imagine rap verses from Mike and amazing vocals from Chester.

Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

The 3 Until It Breaks 'demo's' were really good! And surprising! Wow! It even had a little bit of a psychedelic effect with the weird voice randomly in Apaches + the guitar riff was really cool! If this is what they'll do on their next album I will be once again a very happy to be Linkin Park listener and fan. Props to Brad! Very cool!

Reflectionist

Reflectionist Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

As a drummer, I definitely prefer Pretty Birdy to Somewhere I Belong. Jesus, Rob. Play some more sextuplets from time to time! And that guitar tone is pretty cool, even if it's not the 'typical' LP guitar tone they stuck with for the rest of those albums. It's awesome!

Haven't gotten to the UIB trilogy yet.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

That's the first I've ever heard of that. Pretty sure UIB was always "3 demos combined." They should have titled it "Two Rings Away from Captain Planet."

Err...no. It was about giving unknown artists some recognition/an opportunity to record in a professional studio with a well-known band's help. Which is pretty much the opposite idea, considering if Linkin Park used the contest just as a means of bringing in outside songwriters for their own material, the band would end up getting all the credit for the finished product and the contest winners wouldn't be any better off, save for whatever percentage of songwriting royalties they received for the track they worked on.

Shortest LPU 13 summary ever: Three Band Terror. Dat acoustic guitar. KTHXBAI

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Eh that's what I thought. I was honestly just too lazy to look it up, sorry bout that mistake. Still an awesome song.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Can someone explain to me what the 'LPU SESSIONS' are? Thanks.

*edit* Nvm, Thanks Astat!

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I've always been a huge fan of Rob's drumming. He has this style where he creates patterns that remind me or Latin music without being Latin music.

The after chorus of Cumulus is an example of it. I just love that kind of beat. There's also a specific part of the drum solo in RTR that reminds me of that 'latin-caribbean' percussion style. In Pieces and Iridescent are some of my favorites drum-wise.

I hope he can bring some more of that in the future.

EDIT: I'm adding Holding Company to the list above.. Very cool.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
    Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

You always contribute so much knowledge to a thread, but the bold portion might be your most accurate statement ever.

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Linkin Park: Where our demo's are more interesting than 95% of the stuff that ends up on the album.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

^This. I hope they explore the sound they had on the LITE and IBG demos. Primo is infinity more interesting than the album version of I'll Be Gone. Plus, the solo on Holding Company is great, even though it sounds like the What I've Done solo.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

That second half of Holding Company actually reminds me a lot of Iridescent.

MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

$74 for LPU 13? I remember the good old days when it was like $25 bucks and that included the HD Audio of reanimation. That's a crazy high price

3DU4RDO

3DU4RDO Burning in the Skies

These demos are pretty amazing, Holding Company could be my favorite. But, where the helll are the A Thousand Suns demos? :shinado:

mastae

mastae Some Honky

Universe and Three Band Terror are fucking gorgeous.

Mitch

Mitch YTB

The guitar in the second verse of Apaches is so jarring lol

Brandon Torio

Brandon Torio Well-Known Member

My god, Foot Patrol and TBT are freaking epic.
    Dang Mike's rapping style in Foot Patrol is awesome! Between that, what we heard on IBG remix, and his aggressive LITE style, he's really shown some range in how he can rap! I really want another Fort Minor album now lol, or for him to go out and feature on some stuff, his rapping is better than ever right now.
    Three Band Terror is epic. I'm fine with the combo of Apaches and Foot Patrol, but they should've broken up TBT from the other two and made it the middle song instead of tinfoil.
    Ironically these demos are a lot like what I had imagined LP6 to be like (before all the "rock" talk started). Kinda want another album that sounds like this before they completely change it up again. Mainly the length of these songs, LT songs are too short in general.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

So after hearing more demos from LIVING THINGS, I can totally see why the band was referring to folk as an inspiration during LT's writing process.

20. Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

That was one of my first thoughts upon hearing Primo. After hearing some of the other LT demos, especially the 3rd UIB demo, it seems very obvious. I think I might actually like more folksy LP songs.

Also, Brad should totally start a side project called Three Band Terror.