Linkin Park Launches LPU XIII - Tracklisting And Other Details Here

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Never mind, your write. I have no clue why I thought it was What I've Done. I was thinking of the Iridescent solo. Some LP fan I am, lol. :p

2. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Pretty Birdy, eh? Intriguing.

3. Gibs

What do you think of it? I particularly like the guitar work over the original.

4. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I always have a hard time with these LP demos, because I'm always torn between liking these different interpretations but ultimately preferring the original. SIB on the album for example I like because it has a lot more punch to it. The guitar work is interesting, but it's rather more mellow than the song deserves I think.

And then there's what I came back here to post, which is my reaction to the three different UIB demos. I think hearing them separately has given me more of an appreciation of how they were compiled together on the album. They're each nice, but none of them really move in my opinion - combined, UIB sounds like it goes places. Maybe the final track we got could've been stretched out a bit more to give each song more breathing room, but they definitely work as one fluid song. It kinda needs to - separately, they're very neat but ultimately tedious songs.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  5. Gibs

I totally agree. That's the reason they put the three demos together in the first place. Part of me wishes that they would have expanded on Three Band Terror to a full song though. Ahh, the potential.

6. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Just some thoughts after listening to the album

Basquiat: Demos like this, Homecoming, and Debris make me feel like MtM could have been way different, for the better too, imo. Would have preferred more sounds like these over songs like "In Between" and "In Pieces".

Holding Company: I love it. If their next album took this softer approach I think it would be a lot better than LT. LT had too much electronic, I much prefer good old drums and guitars, it just feels more natural. I also prefer the softer tone, but that's just me.

Primo: Aside from the lyrics, It barely sounds like I'll Be gone. It's different for sure, but I don't really care for the song structure and the lyrics aren't as good as I'll Be Gone. It was interesting to hear what I'll Be Gone could have sounded like, though.

Hemisphere: At first I thought this sounded like Ice Cream Truck music. I like it, but I can't really describe how I feel about it, it sort of has the same sound consistently throughout the entire length.

Cumulus: Just wow. I love Meteora, but I can't help but wonder how the album would have sounded like had more tracks sounded like this. I feel like had more tracks been like this Meteora would have sounded a bit more unique rather than sounding like a sequel to HT. I'm not knocking Meteora though, I love that album.

Pretty Birdy: I don't have much words for this, the heavy guitar is decent but I still like the final version of SIB better.

Universe: Anybody feel like this sounds similar to a song in the Persona games? I got a Persona vibe from it. Really like it.

Three Band Terror: I really liked this track. As much as I love the screaming in some of the LP songs, this sounds so much more smoothing to me. If LT sounded more folk like this it might have been my favorite LP album.

I honestly think some of the LT, MtM, and Meteora demos sound better than some of the songs from the albums. It makes you really wonder what those albums would have sounded like had they kept with those styles. I know a lot won't agree, but I really wouldn't mind if their next album were similar to "Holding Company" and "Three Band Terror". I really enjoy the softer side to LP, it's so smoothing to the ears. For a band that started with Nu Metal they sure adapt to different styles really well. Now I'm really curious to hear what their next album is going to sound like. Just like their last albums I'm expecting something really different sounding, but for the better. I'm expecting half the album to have their old heavy style with the other few tracks having a softer approach like Holding Company. I wasn't the biggest fan of LTs and I think Recharged is DnB/Dupstep garbage (Aside from that Skin To Bone remix that was awesome), so here's to hoping for a less eletronic and more natural/calmer LP album.

7. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

More guitars, live drums and less electronics doesn't seem like a "softer" approach to me but, okay

You and just about everybody else :rolleyes:

8. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

LP should avoid overproducing the album.... That's why they need to avoid relying use of computers heavily..

9. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Well, maybe that'll happen on the next album. You never know ...

10. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I mean less hectic sounding than all the upbeat electronic sounds we got with LTs. Just because it has more guitars and drums doesn't mean it has to be heavy, as show in that song. I'd consider Holding Company mellow and "soft" sounding whereas songs from LTs (like LGM, IBG, Victimized etc) have more heavier sounds to it. Holding Company has a more cheerful sound when compared to a lot of songs from LT.

11. Brandon Torio

Brandon Torio Well-Known Member

Funny how we can be so pumped for new heavy stuff from LP, while at the same time wanting more of this soft stuff.
    Next album should be called "Contrast", with every other song sounding like "Hit The Floor", then "Three Band Terror" lol.

12. Gibs

In all honesty, I would have absolutely no problem with this happening.

13. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I know why, but I won't say, because I might get labeled as some kind of a conspiracy theory lunatic... :)

Anywhoooo, this album is great. interesting stuff.

Standout tracks:

Primo
    Apaches
    Basquiat
    Cumulus

14. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Meh very boring I want chester singing over a xero demos and take away my pride

15. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

The main standout tracks for me on this release are Three Band Terror and Primo.

The acoustic guitar is so refreshing to hear, and really outdoes The Messenger by a long shot. Primo is a lot more interesting than the final version of I'll Be Gone, and was more or less what I was expecting from Living Things, even though that's not what we really got.

16. Christos

Christos Active Member

Do they email you the songs or what? How does it work? I bought a Digital Subscription, but not received anything.

17. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

You don't get the music if you get the basic Digital Subscription. If you only bought the 20 dollar package, you have to buy the music separately.

18. Christos

Christos Active Member

Ah, right. For some reason I thought it was included. Thanks.

19. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Do you get the same chance for Meet And Greet with tha basic subscription?

20. Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

I just relistened Universe fully, and I must say, this song could have been/is already flippin' amazing! You can just imagine Mike rappin' over it, and then at the end with the guitar, love love! Demo from 2006, hope they'll make such music with meaning again on their next album. It sounded kinda like Fort Minor, but the end with the guitars made it Linkin Park! But obviously also Rob's drumming and *cough* wonderful Dave :hodor: It sounds deep, Fort Minor had deep lyrics/themes/music, so it is within our Mike Almighty. Chester with Dead By Sunrise had just like within the MtM-ATS period; deeper/more straight to the point lyrics than in Linkin Park, songs like 'End of The World', 'Walking In Circles'. They've stated multiple times that Linkin Park is not so much a political band, or any 'profound/deep' band, but I think and somewhere hope that's been the label stopping them. They're truely good by making simplistic songs, with easily-for-people-to-attach-to-lyrics. Look at their song 'Dedicated', that song was very profound, lyrically, instrumentally, it hit me real hard in the heart somewhere! But it didn't make it on Hybrid Theory, or the EP. So, what exactly goes wrong in such a process? I hope they step out of it real soon, and get it done with.