Unpopular Linkin Park Opinions

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Lee, Mar 15, 2013.

1. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Hybrid Theory was an average album. Why does everyone treat like it's a masterpiece?

2. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Because it is. You had to be around to fully understand how different that album was from everything else that was available back then.

3. Reflectionist

Reflectionist Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

^ True. It sounds kind of meh, now, because that style and approach has been replicated so many times since then that it's become commonplace. Back when HT first came out, it was way different than all the other 'rap-rock' kind of stuff.

4. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

"Hands Held High" is one of my favorite LP songs.

5. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Idk, In my opinion no one ever really did it with such finesse, to this day. Except for maybe (and if you tell anyone I'm giving them credit for anything other than ruining the 90's I'll kill you) Limp Bizkit. All the other rap-rock shit sounded forced and cliche to me. So HT and even Meteora (come at me bro) still hold up to me.

6. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

I totally forgot about this thread and I know it was ages ago but when I said I kinda wished Mark had stayed in the band I wasn't meaning Mark was better than Chester I meant I didn't hate his singing. It'd be interesting if Mark was in the band instead of Chester. Would they have gotten as famous as they are now? How would their music sound? I'd probably listen to them like I do now if they had Mark.

Is Mark Wakefield doing anything these days? It'd be cool if he had a band. I read somewhere that he manages a band or something.

7. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

If LP collaborates with anybody, I'm more excited for the collaborator. :lol:

8. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Mmm. I assume that, most of the time, when artists collaborate with LP, those fanbases are pretty cool with it.

9. NotEnoughYetTooMuch

NotEnoughYetTooMuch Well-Known Member

Manager for Taproot

10. minuteforce

Still?

11. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I think it Mark was still in the band, they would've never left the garage.

Chester does more to Linkin Park than just singing, everyone puts their grain of sand into the process and I have no doubts that if Mark would've stayed, LP wouldn't have made the impact they made with their debut album.

12. minuteforce

I don't remember where, exactly, but I read once that Mark Wakefield didn't feel that he could handle the idea of "touring life" or whatever, according to Shinoda. Linkin Park's touring was crucial to their early success and certainly continues to be important for their continued success today.

13. Simba

Simba HEREEEE'SSSS JOHNNY

I'm bumping a semi-old thread, apologies.
    - Hahn's role in the band is very useless nowadays now that they're no longer a nu-metal band, and he's not that great of a director either.
    - Mike's not that great of a rapper. His singing's pretty overrated too, but that doesn't mean I don't like his rapping or singing. Brad's not a great guitarist either.
    - Hybrid Theory was an okay album, it wasn't a masterpiece like most of the fans say.
    - The Hybrid Theory EP and the demo CD given to Warner both were easily better than the finished version of the album
    - The Little Things Give You Away, In Pieces, Robot Boy and When They Come For Me are all underrated tracks
    - ATS is probably their best album (this isn't exactly an unpopular opinion on this forum, but I thought I'd say it anyways) with MTM being their second best
    - Living Things was a pretty bad album, and Recharged was slightly worse (I still enjoy both, though)
    - Mark wasn't an awful singer, but Chester's still better
    - Chester's voice is getting worse and worse, and (this isn't exactly LP-related but whatever) I don't care too much for the new STP stuff with Chester in it

14. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

WOW IT AINT

15. minuteforce

This is the only one on your list that's even close to unpopular :)

16. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

and some of them are pure facts...

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  17. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

The whole "we wanted a record with more energy because people were bored whenever we played ATS songs live" is a bullshit excuse. ATS had a lot of energy. If the band couldn't replicate that energy live, then it's the band's fault, not the album's. Also, more energy doesn't mean "traditional song structures, guitars in the choruses", otherwise things like progressive metal would not exist. They need to step up their game live. I've seen them live twice, and while the 14 year old in me was having a field day, I left both shows with a bittersweet feeling.

18. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

-In Between is a great song, perfect layering, very emotional.

19. Simba

Simba HEREEEE'SSSS JOHNNY

I should have been more specific, and said his screaming voice* but then again, maybe it's just me.

20. minuteforce

I agree. I've seen the band live three times now and, for me, the "A Thousand Suns" show was the best and most memorable by far