Childish Gambino - Because the Internet (DECEMBER 2013)

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Jeff, Oct 9, 2013.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'm not listening to it, in any case.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

IT LEAKED. :cocainefan:

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE.

NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

WAITING TILL FRIDAY TO SNAG A COPY THEN I WILL LISTEN SO NO FIIIIIIIIIIRE :O

hawk

My review from KTT: ...

Been through it multiple times. The excitement has settled a bit, so I think I can safely give my first impressions.

~

i. crawl: phew. as dope as i'd heard from all the performances, listening party videos and snippets. Donald going hard. strong album opener. has a really good energy. A.

ii. worldstar: I wasn't a fan of this one when I first heard it but it's grown on me a bit. the beat is real shit, and the verses are dope. love the fight cuts. get outta here dog. B-.

~

i. the worst guys (ft. Chance the Rapper): whilst Chance may not have a verse, I absolutely love him in the hook. love the jam. all she needed was some-. the verses are dope. B+.

ii. shadows: when I first heard this performed live, I love the energy it had. the album version seems more laid back, which isn't necessarily bad, but doesn't feel as power, or strong, i feel. B+.

iii. telegraph ave. ("Oakland" by Lloyd): man, this track is just amazing. i love how the beginning transitions between the vocals. really missed that on the leaked version. love the hook, love the verses. perfect. A.

iv. sweatpants: loved this one straight up when it leaked last week. had some time with this one and it ain't getting old. beat is fire. verses are fire. song is fire. problem dropping in dope lines. A.

v. 3005: sat with this one for a while. Donald absolutely nails the hook with his vocals, they're amazing. easily the best part of the song. love the feel of this one. B.

~

i. the party: awh yeah. the bass at the start. i love the beat on this one and and i love the ending. the verse he drops real quick is awesome. i invite all these people to my motherfucking house. get the fuck outta my house. B.

ii. no exit: perfect. the hook is amazing, love the singing from the mystery singer. add that to Donald's fucking fire verses on top of the beat and its a recipe of perfection. A+ (because the internet).

~

i. flight of the navigator: the beginning is really cool, it's very dream-like. picks up a bit later and kind of just drifts through to the end. as said, very dreamy and calming, but it does pack some length. B.

ii. zealots of stockholm (free information): kind of picks up from flight, really nice, but flips a switch and turns into fire. the turn is amazing. really picks things up. dope verse. dope beat. hi kilo. A.

~

i. pink toes (ft. Jhene Aiko): this one is really nice, but i really like how it picks when Jhene comes through. i get the dream-like feel again in this one. it's cool. B.

ii. earth: the oldest computer (the last night) [ft. Azealia Bank]: yes. love everything about it. the verses with the beat are dope and Azealia adds some awesome vocals. amazing ending. A+ (because the internet).

iii. life: the biggest troll (andrew auernheimer): wow. listening and focusing on the lyrics makes me appreciate the song so much more. funny the day you born that's really your death sentence. A-.

~

Because The Internet: A. I don't have a long list of albums this year that I'd consider the best of the year, so this kind of makes it a very easy decision for me. I think what Donald has created here is amazing. It's so deep. It's awesome. It really is. No lie.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    minuteforce

#BecauseTheInternet #IronicTitle

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Why did it leak? #BecauseTheInternet

minuteforce

You know it! :awesome:

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

[THUMB]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HI1Unx4XR9E/TzhX6r3pFHI/AAAAAAAAAxs/0MKUrj89EJE/s1600/damn-good-stuff-sir.gif[/THUMB]

hawk

Originality: negative one bajillion.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'm really concerned for Donald's mental health after listening to this album.

It's an amazing album, but the lyrical themes and spastic flip-flop of tone very accurately reminds me of my manic depression when it was at its worst.

minuteforce

http://becausetheinter.net/

I feel reluctant to describe this as "pretentious" but that's how I honestly feel about it :rolleyes:

Then again, I'll probably appreciate it more once I listen to the album.

hawk

Fucking speechless. I don't know what to think right now.

NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

[video=youtube;ymWlh-4KcW8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymWlh-4KcW8[/video]

Also
    [video=youtube;tG35R8F2j8k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG35R8F2j8k[/video]

hawk

I've written almost 3000 words on the world of "Camp" and "Because The Internet". There is a lot of shit going on. If you're interested in reading it, check it out here, and I welcome anyone who wants to help contribute [here, PM or the email on the page].

minuteforce

So, after spending a good few days with this album, my favourite tracks are "Telegraph Ave.", "Zealots", "The Party" and "No Exit".

hawk

[​IMG]

this review is the goat.

[video=youtube;vz3zhk1hzoE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz3zhk1hzoE[/video]

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Went to the Deep Web Tour date in Dallas today. Holy shit. The album translates really fuckin' well in a live band setting.

hawk

that's awesome dude!:) glad to hear it. cannot wait for him to drop back down under, because so far the show has been getting some really positive words.