What movies did you recently watch?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid Soldier, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

[​IMG]

Gravity (2013) - 4.5/5 - One of the most innovative and visually groundbreaking films I have ever seen. I take away the 0.5 from it because I thought it was bit too overly sentimental at points and I blame the score for it more than anything.

2. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues

No, it's not as good as the first one -- it could have been a bit shorter, some of the gags overstayed their welcome, and there was probably more screaming than necessary. But it was fun as hell and just as endlessly quotable as the first movie. Show up to laugh and you'll enjoy yourself.

3. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 4/5
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 4/5
    The Godfather: Part 2 - 5/5
    2 Guns - 2.5/5
    Mission Impossible ('96) - 3.5/5

4. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Out of the Furnace - 7/10 - Essentially you watch a hard working, good-willed character's life fall apart all around him. There is definitely something missing that would have taken this film to a higher degree of catharsis. Great cast, fantastic performances, but nothing else. Worth the watch as a rental on a rainy day, but not worth the price and time in cinemas.

Harsh Times - 7/10 - I've seen this film more than I can count just because it is sitting on my hard-drive.

Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes - 8/10 - My first viewing of the film and it was amazing. The ending was a little abrupt, yet fitting. Sad to hear that Franco will not be returning for the sequel.

5. Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

1984 World Series on DVD

6. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 8/10 - Much more enjoyable than the first movie, with great action scenes and direction. But Benedict Cumberbatch steals the movie with Smaug. He's just that great.

7. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Also Smaug. Not great, but good enough. I won't buy it when it comes to DVD, but I'd probably watch it if it's on TV.

8. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Don Jon - 2 out of 5

It's predictable, unnecessarily filled with sex (and not enough of Scarlett Johansson partaking at that), and the moral of the story can hardly be deemed as taking the high road. If you love someone because they fuck you in more than one position, you're gonna have a bad time.

9. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

The Flashpoint Paradox - 8/10

An alteration of the timeline for the superhero, The Flash, creates ripples that disastrously alters the Universe. The Flash must team with other heroes to restore the timeline while the Earth is ravaged by a war between Aquaman’s Atlantis and Wonder Woman’s Amazons.

Fantastic adaptation of the comic book version of the story. This is THE event that was responsible for the DC universe reboot (Dubbed 'the new 52') a few years back. The flick doesn't skimp out on gratuitous violence and offers many surprises for both casual and loyal fans of the DCU. WB hits the mark once more with their latest animated feature.

10. MKH

Dhoom 3 - 3.5 out of 5

The third entry in the Dhoom franchise goes to a darker place than its predecessor, led valiantly by villain(s) Aamir Khan; however, where Khan brings something fresh to the table, Abhishek Bachchan fails to settle into his American setting, with Uday Chopra being even worse off. Katrina Kaif rounds out the leading roles with a part that is crucial only in the film's final moments, whilst Jackie Schroff's role sparks the plotline.

11. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input. I am going to see that today with my friends.Your review is quite positive in contrast to what I am seeing on the web.Have a nice day.

12. MKH

The twist isn't that original in cinema as a whole, but it is for Indian films, so it was executed well.

13. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

[​IMG]

Before Midnight (2013) - 5/5 - Wow this has to be the best in the Before Trilogy. Might be the best movie about relationships I've ever seen. Such an emotional roller-coaster ride!

14. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Anchorman 2: 4/5
    Red 2: 1.5/5

15. Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

Fruitvale Station: 4/5
    The Spectacular Now: 4/5
    Dhoom 3: 2.5/5
    Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2: 3/5

16. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Elysium: 2/5

17. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Frozen: Fanfuckingtastic/10

18. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Frozen - 7/10 - Very enjoyable and great for families.

19. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Babel: 3.5/5

Overall it appears like it's a very well written plot but really is a collection of semi-average stories pieced together. Cloud Atlas is another movie that did this, however I think Cloud Atlas pulled off connecting the stories slightly better. That's not to say the movie was bad, there was quite a lot of emotion and suspense, but overall it was just decent.

20. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004) – "I read somewhere that their periods attract bears. The bears can smell the menstruation!" :rofl: 8/10

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.