The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Gibs, Dec 5, 2013.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Oh, I'm sorry, did I miss the official confirmation that Gwen dies in The Amazing Spider-Man 2? Because otherwise, what the fuck is everyone getting their panties in a bun about? Emma Stone wanting to remain true to the source material doesn't mean Marc Webb and the writers do, and if they do, it doesn't mean that's the final product. It's a spoiler when anyone who's pals with Marc Webb and has seen either the script and/or a rough cut of the film, then tells us what happens.

Adapting source material doesn't mean you redo it in live-action - were this the case, Dale would still be in The Walking Dead on AMC.

Casting, filming, and then removing MJ's scenes doesn't mean anything - maybe Marc Webb's Spider-Man fancies threesomes, but Marc thought one threesome was enough for this movie.

[​IMG]

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Not that you'll see this but the spoiler was kind of implied to have been confirmed in a trailer breakdown by the cast and director. So there's that. And good job on spoiling the walking dead comics in a spider-man thread. Be proud.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    Dizzy Slay

Dizzy Slay Well-Known Member

^this guy...i dig this guy right here. Finally some else besides me said, "Adapting source material doesn't mean you redo it in live-action"

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Wholly agreed. The guy really irritates me. He plays an unlikeable Parker.

"Glossy" isn't the word I'd use. "Poor" would do it. But that's Sony Imageworks. So much of the trailer looked like a video game cut scene

Different writers, same director & studio. But the main difference is BB was written by Christopher Nolan, who is far more talented than...;

Yep, the writing is crucial, but the writer change up here, Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman (& Pinkner, but he hasn't done much), doesn't inspire any confidence. While they wrote Star Trek (2009)[itself not an amazing script, elevated by Abrams & the cast], they also wrote Transformers 2, Cowboys & Aliens & Star Trek Into Darkness.

If you read Film Crit Hulk's piece on The Age of the Convoluted Blockbuster (seriously do, the guy is hugely insightful and has a knack for cutting right to the heart of an issue and explaining it clearly, just get past the CAPS), he points out things in many of today's big movies that are a heavy element of Orci & Kurtzmans writing. TL DR; pointless and unnecessary convolution & obfuscation in an attempt to be "mysterious", which sacrifices real drama.

So a few things,
    1/ I'm quite sure the above will be heavily present in the whole "untold story" of Peter's parents and "what is Oscorp up to?". Ugh.
    2/ This movie is coming less than 22 months after the first, that's a very quick turn around in Movie-land, doesn't allow much time for script development.
    3/ Orci & Kurtzman also wrote Edge of Tomorrow (Tom Cruise) which is also coming out next summer, so that means they had even less time with TASM2.
    (Points 2 & 3 evidenced by casting Mary Jane, filming her scenes and then cutting her from the film. Bad planning, or not enough planning time, either way...

The trailer failed completely in engaging me, and has very poor CGI. All that doesn't inspire me with any confidence in this film.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

MKH

^ huh, interesting, it doesn't look like he gets his new costume immediately - or are the eye pieces just weird in those pictures?

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Not from the movie. Just a fan.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

A great look at Dane DeHaan as The Green Goblin.

[​IMG]

I personally think it looks great! Thoughts?

MKH

WAY better than Dafoe's and Franco's.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Looks extremely twisted. I like it. Fits the Goblin's personality.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Better than that Power Rangers mask and Shaun White wannabe. :kappa: