Wrestling / MMA

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Joe, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

[thumb]https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/1000833_360060437456686_145294216_n.jpg[/thumb]

2. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[youtube]S7Gb1FYErws[/youtube]​

163 is going to be sick.

3. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

When Cena chose Bryan I marked out. I was hoping Bryan would face Cena for the title. I hope he wins. I'm all for an Orton heel turn but I want Bryan to be champ for a few months before Orton cashes in

4. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I'm more interested in the power struggle angle. How the powers that be know what's good for the audience. Also, I'm not sure if I can handle another Cena/Orton rivalry.

5. Delicious Dave

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  6. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

"Out of Time" is the official theme song of "Hell in a Cell"!

I'm waiting for WWE Music on Twitter to send out the Tweet about it, but I found out through Raw. I never thought I'd hear King say "Chester Bennington" on WWE programming, but he did.

http://instagram.com/p/feY4uQpr_R/

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  7. Snail

I'm surprised nobody here has chimed in about the recent events that took place within the UFC. Three amazing duels have since surfaced, and it has been a long time coming. This stuff here arguably matches bouts we've seen during the PRIDE days imo.

165 - Jon "Bones" Jones Vs. Alexander Gustafsson - This fight was so fucking epic, and as cliche as the following may be, it will go definitely down as one of the top ten MMA match-ups in the history of the sport.
    [​IMG]

166 - Diego 'The Dream' Sanchez Vs. Gilbert Melendez - The heart of being a fighter in any walk of life is on full display here. Sanchez solidifies his position as one of the toughest guys to have ever stepped into the sport. This is the kind of fight you'd show someone new to the sport, itching to see action; complete with the disclaimer: "wanna see something crazy?"
    [​IMG]

166 - Cain Velasquez Vs. Junior 'Cigano' Santos - These guys own the heavyweights division, nobody else. The first ten seconds of this fight was so explosive that the camera crew didn't even have sufficient time to pan to the proper camera to document the action for live broadcast. Unfortunately, the rest of the match consisted of JDS being dismantled worse than his last attempt at regaining the belt.
    [​IMG]

And it's not over yet with these two insane headliners coming up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/...-santos-jordan-boetsch-earn-indefinite-orders

So, not surprisingly, JDS likely has a lengthy medical suspension after the fight. But what's bugging me out is that apparently Cain will be under medical suspension until April 18 for a possible broken jaw. Granted we don't know exactly when the break may have happened, but how the hell do you lay an ass beating like that with a fucking broken jaw? That's insane.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  9. Snail

That is great news. The beating he took actually made me emotional. The guy was just on autopilot by the time Rd.3 rolled into the picture. Best wishes to him on his health.

10. Snail

[​IMG]

HERE WE GO. HERE WE GO!

Good company, tacos, and fight night.

11. Tim

Really good card. I didn't think the judges' decision in the main event was controversial, honestly. Johny landed the hardest shots, but he only commanded the fight in bursts. Georges was consistently out-landing him most of the fight. Rashad Evans was the one who really impressed me, though. That beating he put on Chael further cemented in my mind that Rashad needs to drop down to middleweight. If he can do that to one of the toughest middleweight contenders out there, I think he can give Silva and Weidman fits as well. And I was so excited to see Robbie Lawler beat a top guy like Rory. Robbie's never been the most well rounded, but he always brings it.

12. Snail

[​IMG]

GSP vacates title, walks away from MMA for now.

“I’ve been fighting for a very long time at a high level, It’s a lot of pressure (and) I’ve decided I need to take time off. I know the UFC is a business and they can’t wait.”

Well deserved break for the guy, I personally believe he has nothing else to prove. I have my money on it that he will be back and it will be a huge event in the future for a few more clashes in the octagon. Farewell for now champ.

13. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Anyone catch the end of Raw on Monday? That was the best ending to an episode of Raw in quite a while!

14. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

NSFL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fucking brutal.

15. Tim

Such a terrible way for a fight and, most likely, a career to end. It's going to be a long time before Anderson even walks again.

16. Snail

[​IMG]

17. Tim

[​IMG]

Joe Rogan and the new Octagon girl catching a peak.

18. Delicious Dave

Anyone see the Royal Rumble? That was an absolute trainwreck of an ending. Roman Reigns was incredible though. 12 eliminations in one Rumble! The new record :D

19. Snail

I don't keep up with WWE at all. Can someone enlighten me as to why the Royal Rumble was a wreck? Also, why was Batista boo'd for winning the Rumble? The crowd went wild for his return and even cheered after Batista said that he would be winning the Royal Rumble.

20. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

They went wild because...well, Batista returned and nostalgia pretty much. Him ACTUALLY winning the Royal Rumble was largely unwelcome due to Batista being a part-timer of sorts and Daniel Bryan (the man everybody chanted rabidly for during the whole match) being somehow excluded for some reason (Authority storyline, but come on WWE, do you even CARE about your fans?). Because of this win, Batista's headlining WMXXX with Orton despite not being deserving of such a feat after being away for 3 years while Bryan and the rest of the roster who have been there 24/7 gets screwed out of making a name for themselves at the big event.

Also, Roman Reigns should have won the Royal Rumble.