Wrestling / MMA

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Joe, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Ah, I see. I read that Batista will only be returning for a 2 year stint. Perhaps this little campaign is simply a matter of WWE milking his name since he's been and will be a part of big blockbusters to come (Guardians Of The Galaxy). That being said, they definitely were a little hasty putting him on top straight off the bat. Sometimes I wonder if the end result could change for a base storyline as a result of crowd reaction; Batista looked surprised and a little sullen after winning the Rumble facing the jeers. Those in charge must have groomed him into believing that the reception of his win would be positive.

.. Or Batista negotiated demands that he reign strong for his temporary stay in the WWE.

2. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Apparently CM Punk has left WWE. Also Sting has allegedly signed a deal to finally come to the WWE. Kurt Angle is also looking likely to return this year when his contract with TNA expires in September.

In any case if Punk has actually left then I'm not sure I care about watching WWE anymore. They need more people with Punk's attitude, not less.

3. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

What an insane week in WWE

WWEWHC match was shat on by the crowd
    Roman Reigns breaks the record for most Royal Rumble eliminations. 12 eliminations. The previous record(11) was held by Kane since 2001
    From Batista on, the Rumble is met with boo's
    Rey Mysterio gets booed out of the building for not being Daniel Bryan
    Batista flips off some fans, mocks Daniel Bryan as a FACE
    Big Show injured
    Daniel Bryan chants run wild during PPV and Raw
    Large publicity of the debacle of Rumble ending
    Mick Foley gets pissed off and smashes his TV in protest of Bryan not being in the Rumble. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfZVdR6jgvE
    CM Punk quits

WWE can have Bryan win the title at EC or win next years Rumble. But that doesn't change the fact that this was a huge missed opportunity. Daniel Bryan is the most popular guy in WWE right now and him winning the Rumble and ending WM 30 YESing with the crowd and holding the WWEWHC would have been the perfect ending to Wrestlemania. Any other time won't have the same impact as if WWE had just done the right thing and had Bryan win the Rumble.

There is chaos in the WWE world right now

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  4. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

If the WWE was smart, they would have kept the title on Punk all the way until WMXXX when he would have faced the rumble winner Bryan at the main event. That is what everyone would have rather seen.

5. Delicious Dave

They would have never done that

6. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Seth Rollins. Why.

I'm so excited because of the many possibilities now, but...man, I love The Shield. They're brothers. They just became my favorite team of all-time. I guess I wasn't ready for them to break up like this.

[video=youtube;SWLU0MWMR-w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWLU0MWMR-w[/video]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  7. Delicious Dave

You could pin point the exact moment Dean Ambrose's heart broke during that moment.

8. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

drew mcintyre got release from wwe :(

9. Delicious Dave

Looks like CM Punk's retirement is more clear now than ever. I'll miss him.

10. Hybrid

Maybe it is wishful thinking, but maybe this is what they want you to believe and perhaps he, not Brock Lesnar, is Heyman's 'Plan C.'

11. Delicious Dave

''They say that nobody can hear you scream in space. Let's see if that's true on Earth!'' :rofl:

12. Snail

13. Delicious Dave

I never thought I'd ever see Cena get squashed like that. Holy shit they actually gave Lesnar the title and made Cena look like a bitch in the process. Summerslam was great.

14. Hybrid

The only problem with that is it is Bork Lasar. A "Champion" who has wrestled 3 matches after returning, has really only 2 wrestling moves, and can't talk on the mic. At all. I'm as tired as everyone else seeing Cena with the title, but this whole "Unstoppable Brock garbage rubs me the wrong way. A title match, in my opinion, should never be a squash match. It takes credibility away from the title. The way the match played out didn't just make Cena look like a bitch, but it makes everyone he ever fought to keep the title look like one too. As a fan, I don't appreciate that.

15. Snail

I don't follow wrestling much at all, but I've always been irked at the way they chose to go about marketing Brock lesnar's persona. He is absolute garbage on the mic. The WWE as well as Brock Lesnar himself really should have reached an agreement in sticking with promoting Lesnar as a stoic, brooding beast of an individual with little to say; when he actually does speak, it should always be a brief statement that would strike a chord with the audience. Instead we have this exaggerated, super animated, giant baby-like hulk of a man with horrid, laughable dialogue.

16. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

17. Delicious Dave

He already has Paul Hayman do most of the talking for him.

18. Abel

So any of you guys heard of or catch Lucha Underground yet? I haven't seen a full episode, but from the reviews, recaps and the one match I watched (Johnny Mundo and Prince Puma vs. Cortez Castro and Cisco), I'm hooked and I want to check it out.

For those who want to see the match: (and yes, Johnny Mundo is the former John Morrison.)
    [video=youtube;ppd-J7-r2xw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppd-J7-r2xw[/video]

19. Delicious Dave

So, Sting made his WWE debut.

20. Abel

Have two free hours? CM Punk revealed his reasons for leaving on Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling podcast and it's so worth the two hours of listening. (also download the AOW podcast on iTunes, Colt deserves the popularity!)

[video=youtube;zxHRJnZsinQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxHRJnZsinQ[/video]