STPCB Pull Out of All Upcoming Shows

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Feb 1, 2014.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

For once, it isn't Scott Weiland's fault that the Stone Temple Pilots have canceled a show. Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington have announced they are cancelling all upcoming shows, citing studio scheduling issues created by a longer-than-expected recording process for their new album.

A full statement from organizers of the Soundwave Festival, a week-long festival that STPCB were expected to play in late February and early March, reads:

All tickets for the main festival shows and STP sideshows will be refunded at the point of purchase.

Source: Sydney Morning Herald via Krishnan

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Wow, that's too bad. Hope they can finish it soon.

Also "THIS IS WHY LP'S ALBUM HASN'T BEEN FINISHED" comments being posted in 3..2..1....

shoegaze4u

shoegaze4u Active Member

What a pity for all those fans who were thrilled to see them live soon. It's like an emotional rollercoster. STP should plan their schedules more accurately and don't take on too much. Many fans will be disapointed now.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Seeing I'm nowhere near Australia:

New album > Australia tour.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

The quote in the OP is wrong. The original statement didn't mention the album being made by Stone Temple Pilots. As I said in Got News, it probably isn't STP that the quote is directed toward anyways

Mark

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I'm not arguing just for the sake of arguing, but I really don't feel that way. We know Linkin Park has been in the studio with Chester recently. There was an interview with STPCB posted in December where Chester says that he is with Linkin Park, and they are "finishing up the record with Linkin Park, and we'll be touring next year". This extra studio time could very much be for that. My opinion is that the quote is directed toward Linkin Park like I mentioned in Got News because STP hasn't hired a producer and most likely won't. I don't think I can be reading the quote wrong because it isn't even said by any member in STBCB. It was said by someone that runs the website for a music festival.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

I actually think that it is because of LP recording that this is happening, kind of like when Chester was forced to cancel the Grey Daze reunion because LP was required to be in the studio.

Mark

If it had anything to do with Linkin Park, the Soundwave Festival promoter would have mentioned Linkin Park. You don't just announce a band has withdrawn from the festival performance and then make reference to another band saying "they" without specifying. Multiple tweets made by the promoter made no reference to Linkin Park when addressing the STP withdrawal.

You are the reading too far into things.

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Welp, that sucks. Hope the people who got canceled on will have another chance to see STP some time in the future.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

What I'm about to say is totally reading further into it again so I do apologize, but the fact that it's a music festival for another band means that they aren't going to be the ones that announce the news of another band that is indirectly involved. That's the business for those involved. The Soundwave Festival promoter has zero place in talking about Linkin Park. We don't even know if STP cancelled and gave vague reasons to whoever runs the festival; which that would mean the festival has no reason to speculate.

I don't mean to come off as saying this is all fact. I've tried to word everything with "this is my opinion".

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

The producer thing is confusing, it does point to the fact this is rather caused by Linkin Park's studio process. The way that quote is worded points to STP, but as Ryan said, we don't even know if STP cancelled and gave vague reasons to whoever runs the festival. Weird, anyway.

Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

I just hope (not that I dislike STP, because I don't) that it was STP that is having problems with the producer and not Linkin Park.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Bummed, I'm going to this festival.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

The Living End are playing as a result of this cancellation, though. You might have a good time yet. ;)

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

no no no. You are all wrong, this isn't because of an album for STP or Linkin Park, this is all caused by the upcoming Dead By Sunrise Album :trollface:

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

No.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

If only :kappa:

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

What does CBSTP and Ron Jeremy have in common?
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    They pull out.

:trollface:

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The reason for this is 100% because of the Linkin Park record. The initial press release made no mention of an STP record being recorded (STP hasn't even indicated that they're currently in the studio, just that they "plan on" doing a full-length album), and it was even edited later to simply say "Due to a scheduling conflict, STP w/ Chester Bennington regretfully has been forced to cancel all tour dates." They removed all references to album recording, probably as a means of clarifying that it WASN'T an STP album that they were referring to - http://soundwavefestival.com/about/...lly-cancel-all-upcoming-shows-living-end-step

Nobody's "looking too far into things" here. Linkin Park is currently recording an album, STP isn't. It's as simple as that. The Blabbermouth/MusicFeeds articles that Mark posted ARE the ones taking things out of context, because they're getting all of their information from the previous Soundwave press release (which again, made no mention of an STP album), and jumping to conclusions regarding what album the announcement was referring to.

Some of these STP shows were just announced within the last two weeks. If the cancellations were solely due to THEIR schedule falling behind, they would have known about it long enough ago that they probably would have held off on announcing the Sidewave shows (announced 1/16) or the India show (announced 1/23 - only SIX DAYS prior to the announcement of the cancellations). Album recording isn't going to catastrophically fall behind in a span of six days to the point that you have to turn around and cancel a show you just announced. LP is probably getting close to their album deadline, and WB probably isn't going to cut them any slack and give them an extension. Would've been a different story in 2007 when LP's last two albums were among WB's best-selling records over the first half of the decade, but they aren't exactly high on the totem pole anymore.