STPCB Pull Out of All Upcoming Shows

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Feb 1, 2014.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Well, you've convinced me.

This must mean we're getting really close to the beginning of the promotion cycle. I can't wait. Here's hoping they do a great ARG like they did for LIVING THINGS and A Thousand Suns.

Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

Didn't I post this in "Got News?" like two days back?

Agreed. You made some really good points.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Good point. I'll update the credit.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Astat said it, so it's true. :awesome:

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Whatever it is, I just hope Linkin Park can announce an album soon..

And if they're approaching deadline and still need studio time, it doesn't bode well, at least for the tracks that are currently being worked on, I don't know exactly how they handle this kind of pressure but if it's just like delivering an assignment for school, then it's probably gonna sound rushed.

I just want this thing to be good.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

The last time this happened was on ATS which means if anything that they've been working hard on the music that they have been writing. If anything it's a good sign that they've got some magic working behind the studio.

shoegaze4u

shoegaze4u Active Member

STP just announced:

What does mean exactly? I didn't get it.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Scheduling conflicts. To me it seems like Chester went to record for the LP album and therefore they had to cancel the shows. I do not see any other reason why they would have had to cancel every show if it was some other reason.
    Hopefully, Chester does his best for LP and also does not alienate the STP members. Sure they knew LP was always his first priority but it would still suck to have all such shows cancelled.

thor

thor Well-Known Member

I have a feeling this thing with STP will not last very long. We haven't even have a promotion for the new album
    (LP's album)and things already aren't looking to good for STP. What happens when LP has a world tour? They should find someone who wouldn't be in the same exact situation like right now.

Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

Y'all wrong

''We regret that, due to an unforeseen scheduling conflict, our forthcoming tour dates in Australia, the Middle East and Hawaii have had to be cancelled. An initial statement citing "recording delays" wasn't true -- the conflict wasn't related to recording new STP material. We are deeply disappointed to not be able to perform these shows, and look forward to making them up in the future.

-Robert, Dean, Eric and Chester''

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

clearly Ryan R was right

shoegaze4u

shoegaze4u Active Member

Yes, seemingly. What I don't understand is, why did STP announced all that shows despite it was clear, that LP will produce a new album in that period of time. I mean: It's not a surprise that Chester isn't available right know.

StoneTempleBrett

StoneTempleBrett Active Member

I don't blame Chester as he was upfront about his commitments, but I think the STP guys made a mistake with the timing of this project. They should have just started working with Chester top secret last year on a full album (rather than announcing him and going out on a limited tour/doing an EP), and even if it took well over a year/a year and a half to wait out the next Linkin Park album/touring cycle, they could have released a full album later this year and go on a full on tour with LP fresh off an album and on a break. When you fire a guy who has been your singer for over 20 years like Scott Weiland and you've had a rocky history with canceling shows, canceling a tour like this right now with a new unestablished lineup just makes them look real bad regardless of the reasons. I hope they can still make a full album at some point that's really good and establishes them, but they're just getting savaged right now. It's sad to see my favorite band looked at like a joke. All four guys involved in the current incarnation are good and talented dudes.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014