Future musicians inspired by Linkin Park?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by MagmaXtreme, Feb 12, 2014.

MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

In my perception of Linkin Park, they are a very successful band that make music unlike any other band. This is best illustrated by their musical diversity throughout every album and between albums, their pivotal career move in straying away from their old nu-metal sound after Meteora (which the band considers to be their smartest, it has drawn in many more fans) and their constant craving for experimentation and creative innovation. I don't know of any rock band that makes the kind of stuff LP has made. However, LP considers themselves a "genre-less" band, so they aren't just a rock band, they seem like they're their own genre.

So this got me thinking, with aspiring musicians who may be inspired by LP's music, might their unique sound become less unique in the future or will people come up with new ways to present their LP inspired sound with a fresh new vibe? Will this unique genre LP has created become an official genre in the future? Or is LP so unpredictable that their sound cannot be truly defined?

I came across a youtube channel of a new band called Riverline (https://www.youtube.com/user/riverlinemusic/videos ), they're mainly inspired by Linkin Park and you can see that if you listen to their tracks (Which are awesome btw! They are a nod to LP's old style but with a new vibe, fans of older LP songs especially will definitely like this). Might more bands like this emerge in the future? If so what will happen considering the solitary sound/genre of LP as I have asked above?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Personally, I've been inspired to always aim to make something different from what I've made before since hearing "A Thousand Suns". So the main thing that I take away from being an LP fan is to just keep trying new things as a music-maker.

I've never been able to imagine what bands that take after LP would be like or have been like

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

[video=youtube;bbEoRnaOIbs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbEoRnaOIbs[/video]

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

There are a ton of bands "inspired" by the band's old sound. Most of them were around in the early 2000's but there are still some today and none of them sound any better.

It isn't even directly copying Linkin Park. It's more like the entire nu-metal scene being taken influence from. It just seems that everyone points to the bands being another "Linkin Park influenced" band because of their popularity. They should know nu-metal died a decade ago, anyways.

Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

You're right, that appeals to me. Sounds very similar to Linkin Park.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Odds on Riverline being the OP's band?

Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

There is a strong possibility.

MagmaXtreme

What other bands were also inspired by LP? I would like to check them out. Also some bands may emerge that are inspired by LP's new sound too.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

How have I not heard this song 'til now? :lol: Miley Cyrus does Juicy J better than Juicy J #offtopic

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I strongly recommend Dangerkids. They are heavily inspired by Linkin Park, hell they even mention them in one of their songs ("Light Escapes"). Hollywood Undead is rap/rock, and I recommend their newest album Notes From the Underground. Hollywood Undead is a mixed bag for me because they have very... meaningful songs, yet they have "funny" songs too (which I don't really enjoy nor do I recommend). Razor Red Noise also has some similarities to Linkin Park, but does not feature rap. His newer material is (in my opinion) much better and mature then his older material.

But yeah that's all the bands that I would say that sound similar to Linkin Park.

Filip

:rofl:

Blackened

Blackened Blackened Symphony

I can't help but feel that Imagine Dragons are inspired by them.

Filip

As someone who has read/watched thousands of interviews: Imagine Dragons have never mentioned being inspired by LP, or mentioned LP at all. ID influences they mention are Harry Nilsson, The Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel, Coldplay, Muse, and lately they've been mentioning some rappers, mainly before their collab with Kendrick.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

But there is indeed something that feels Linkin Park-ish about them. Whatever.

MagmaXtreme

Maybe you haven't looked hard enough, you've missed something;
    They mention LP here: http://www.billboard.com/video/imagine-dragons-mtv-vmas-2012-red-carpet-429454?auto=true

It seems that they hint at being inspired by LP , after saying that they are grateful to be in a category with legends they grew up listening to, they mention "Coldplay, Jack White, Black Keys, Linkin Park, and Imagine Who so you know...".

MagmaXtreme

OP's as in opposing band? If not what do you mean by OP?

MagmaXtreme

Dangerkids are pretty good, Razor Red Noise has a voice similar to Chester's and HU have some pretty good songs :)

Though none of them remind me enough of the old nu-metal sound LP had, only Riverline does. I personally liked LP's older songs more (but still like their new material) so I can really enjoy Riverline's sound :D

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the nominees.

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

OP as in Original Post. He was implying that Riverline is your band and that this thread was just to promote it.

MagmaXtreme

Ah you're right actually, I couldn't hear exactly what the interviewer was trying to say at first.