Linkin Park Six

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by EastGhost, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

It seems the timeline for this album is similar to that of Living Things. We know something is being mixed for Linkin Park. Do we know when Living Things was mixed? That might give us a good idea on possible release dates.

I know LT was pretty unique with it's mixing. The guys mention in the making of the Burn It Down video that the song was still being mixed. Seems pretty odd, but do you guys think the groundwork is being done for a new LP music video? Seems odd thinking about music videos before any real info on the album itself, but I suppose we can't put it past the band to surprise us!

2. PikachuFuck

PikachuFuck Banned

They probably have a couple of videos planned out already, hopefully no cross-promotional videos..

3. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Well, there's a timeline of events up to BID's release here: http://lpassociation.com/newalbum/

4. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

4'33" isn't a song on the sole fact it doesn't utilize vocals. That's the definition of a "song". It's a composition for voices. That's grade school shit. Quit trying to be a pseudo-intellectual expert on music because it takes the simplest things to disprove you.

5. PikachuFuck

PikachuFuck Banned

Very well, i'll refer to what i've been calling 'songs' as 'compositions' or simply 'music' from now on, I don't Google every term I use so forgive me for that lack of understanding with the terminology.

I am not claiming to be an expert on music, if anything i've done the complete opposite and put across the notion that everyone has their own subjective view of what music/compositions are, I am very sorry that instead of actually debating about anything.. You're choosing to nitpick my terminology and label/derogate my credibility with fallacious statements.

Oh, and basic sentence structure is also "grade school shit."

Have a nice day, Spitz.

6. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Considering I was an English major in college, I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to occasionally ignore the rules that were drilled into my head. Why? Because over the years, I've demonstrably proven that I know them through various exams and essays. A gifted author can use sentence fragments to convey a feeling of say, anxiousness, or to accurately depict a character's idiolect, or their unique pattern of speaking. If I spoke the same way I would write a term paper, I would come off as very verbose and stilted due to my education prioritizing the use of varied sentence structure and advanced vocabulary over a more natural tone. I choose to be very loose and informal with the way I use language as I wish to present myself as a normal person. So if I may be blunt, blow it out your ass. You're a moron and trying to hide it with lame attempts at making this your debate club is annoying as shit.

7. PikachuFuck

PikachuFuck Banned

[​IMG]

8. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Interestig to go through this again. Actually makes me believe the new album is closer. See in mid-March Mike is still talking about early fall, and a week later the lead single is announced. Makes me think Chester is the one speaking what's closer to the truth. Although Mike just probably doesn't want people to get too hyped.

9. IMP757

IMP757 Well-Known Member

Is it me or have the band been a lot more quiet in terms of info about this album, compared with the past albums?

10. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

The magazine article also teaches us not to believe in magazines. The Linkin Pie omg :lol:, so inaccurate

:dino:

11. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Idk, kind of depends on where they actually are in the process. We could be just way ahead of ourselves and they're not really that close to finishing. For all we know they might not be anywhere near promo ready.

12. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

That article also gave us :toolbox: right?

13. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Keep your eyes peeled for a :potato: recording of the new single! :leak:

14. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I dunno, I have a feeling this year we'll get an underwater recording. :kappa:

15. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Already been done :kappa:

tumblr_m7vyu5xOpD1rprxhfo1_1280.jpg

16. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

^Freaking Dethklok :lol:

Interesting how Mike gave a pretty clear philosophy for the record six months before its release.

~

I've just been thinking about this album a lot, and I really wonder what it will sound like. All we know is that it's going to be different from LIVING THINGS, and that the band has been experimenting with all sorts of different things. But about the sonic traits of the album, we know nothing. It's eating me up. Nomnomnom.

EDIT: Except if you count those rumours that it's going to be heavy. But I'm trying to forget about that, because I don't want to expect anything specific and then get disappointed. And it seems I'm doing a good job at forgetting about it too, because I hadn't thought of it while writing the post!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  17. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Am I the only one who thought Living Things, for the most part, wasn't that drastic a change from ATS? I mean they toned down the big, theatric presentation of it, but Burning in the Skies sounds like it could have fit in with Castle of Glass or In My Remains and Victimized and Until It Breaks aren't that much more "traditional" than Wenches and Kings or Blackout. And on that note how do we know LP6 is going to be that different from LT?

18. ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Oh snap! :crikey:

19. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

From Mike's blog post: As most Linkin Park fans know, the sound of each album is usually quite different from the last. The new album is no exception.

I think he wouldn't have posted that if he wasn't sure of what he was saying.

20. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

...ya sure, though? They've said a loooot about past albums. 'Meteora is heavier', 'MTM has old school hiphop and punkrock', etc and so forth. Despite all our talk of the band never sticking to one genre for very long I think there's more consistency in their releases than most usually concede.