Linkin Park Updates Front Page Following Mike's "Action-Packed Week" Tweet

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Mar 3, 2014.

jkrawcke224

jkrawcke224 Well-Known Member

true. as cool as that is though, the promise of a new linkin park something excites me more than anything.

poor leto though, only got less than half of his face in there lol

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I feel as though updating their main website isn't exactly a small thing... considering they didn't touch it for ALTNC as far as I'm aware this should be a pretty substantial announcement.

EDIT: also it was mentioned on LPL how the clouds can be clicked and dragged like GIF images meaning the possibility of a puzzle.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Yes they did

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I can bet Echelons are casting some evil witchcraft on Jennifer Lawerence out of pure envy.

/offtopic.

In all seriousness. I think the announcement can come as early as on Tuesday, but if it comes tomorrow I would be totally fine with it. If it's for a TF song I think it'll be unveiled without much protocol, but if it is about LP6 I think they'll be more cryptic about it.

jkrawcke224

a friend of mine on tumblr just said "this only means a puzzle is coming soon"

damnit.

thor

thor Well-Known Member

I really hope its a new linkin park single from the new album and not a collaboration song with aoki.

thegame87

thegame87 Well-Known Member

Yeah Poor Jared Leto, and all his good lookingness rubbing up against Jennifer Lawrence, such a hard life :)

Oooooh Puzzles, they were fun! I'd love a month build up to the album announcement of clues again.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

You can do that on all websites. The LPL posters must not internet often.

jkrawcke224

the scavenger hunt was amazing. like, truly, one of the most incredible things ever. so much fun. i would kill for another one of those (especially if they did a clue in detroit PLZ). however, the puzzles on lp.com were rough because i could never participate. my laptops a piece of crud. just like the LITE video, my browser would crash from the flash plugin :[

but i guess as a whole, the suspense of it all was really great so i really dont have anything to complain about lol.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Well it was Astat lol so I feel like he'd have a better hunch than your average noob but alright fair enough. I just felt it may have been worth it to mention again incase this page really is another puzzle.

EDIT: kinda sorta ninja'd

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

That awkward moment when you didn't bother to see the original post on LPL and find out that the "person who doesn't Internet often" is me.

I'm well aware of how a fucking click-and-drag image works, thank you very much. I was pointing out that odd fact that the new splash page consists of a collage of individual images rather than just being one Flash animation (which they nearly ALWAYS use on their splash pages). Either they've got some unpaid college intern who doesn't know what he's doing coding LP.com's content these days, or there's probably a reason for them to have done it the way they did.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It's best not to respond to Chut/Kacy/Minus/Whatever the hell he calls himself nowadays.

His only purpose on here is to get people like you pissed off, which by replying to him just now you accomplished his goal. Kacy may serve a purpose on these boards sometimes, but by default he's basically an epic troll. And you kind of just let him troll you by responding to him.

Ginger

Ginger Orangutan LPA VIP

album out in late may. i'm calling it

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I have a hard time believing that, in the midst of working on a new album, LP have crafted a song SEPARATE from that endeavor just for Transformers. I feel like the creative flows within the band are streamlined into the album right now. Perhaps there will be a new song unveiled this week, and perhaps it will be on the Transformers movie. However, I feel that any song premiered for the movie would also be featured in LP's next album. I just can't see them creating one new song outside the current work on the new album for the movie. New Divide was different. It was in between MTM and ATS. It just sort of worked out timing-wise, and LP hadn't found their footing with ATS yet.

Regardless, I'm excited as shit. I love the hype LP builds for their new material.

Minus

Considering the meta tag links to an imgur image, stupid intern may be likely.

Also I feed on your anger like a sparkly vegetarian vampire.

UltimateLegend

UltimateLegend Well-Known Member

Testing starts this week, so this'll be something to look forward to.

Unless of course, the clouds roll away day by day and at the end of the week we are left with text saying "lol just kidding"

EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

While I don't disagree with you (especially that last line), I just feel like Mike chose his words very carefully when he posted. I mean, 'recharged' just feels too obvious to not mean the message is relevant.

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

If this teasing page is in anyways related to the visuals of the album, I'll be glad. Looks pretty cool. And different.

Now, I don't think they'll tease on their website for another collab with Aoki that is supposed to be on his album, not LP's. I hope it's either the Mall or LP6. TF 4 is likely but then again.. One can dream.

Minus

I think 5 studio albums, 2 remix albums, a mash-up album, and 3 side projects worth of lyrics have all established that Mike and Chester do not have the widest range of vocabulary. Poor Mike probably doesn't know any synonyms.

EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

Is that why he only gives email responses to print interviews?