Mike Shinoda Gives Details on Self Produced Album: Loud, Energetic and Coming This Summer

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Mar 5, 2014.

Try-hard Chimi

Try-hard Chimi Well-Known Member

:deadgiveaway:

dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

I'm positive about what has been said in the interview and especially in combination with the music we all heard in the little clip.

And I really can't think of Mike being a cold marketeer before an passionate musician. Yes, they (LP) changed around a lot but I really think this has to do with creative processes. In the worst case Mike has stated one opinion and then another showing that people change. I will not believe that they only want the succes and the fame..

Wouldn't LP made a direct follow-up to Meteora instead of changing course to MTM if the latter was the case?

No worries at all here..

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

LET US JUST ACCEPT THAT MICHAEL SHINODA IS A HYPOCRITICAL FUCK AND MOVE ON.

NotEnoughYetTooMuch

NotEnoughYetTooMuch Well-Known Member

That's also true.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Im not worried one bit. Im hyped for this album

NotEnoughYetTooMuch

NotEnoughYetTooMuch Well-Known Member

Also on Chester's twitter it says he can't wait for tomorrow and is super excited about it!

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Slight edits made to the original post to clear up the confusion about the "16 year old" Brad quote. :lol:

Mike motivated Brad for this album by saying ”do something that would make the 16 year old you want to learn to play guitar". He wanted Brad to inspire that kid.

Oliver

Oliver Spela Shoreline!

This.

Blake

Yep, Im hyped for tomorrow!

If its not a new single though then no hype left

shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

I'm dumbfounded by this comments, kind of sad to call yourselves LP fans and then start bashing on Mike for a statement taken out of context.

If the album is self-produced (which it is), it's obviously Mike doing the producing, and him MOTIVATING Brad - not forcing him - to pick up a guitar and start shredding it to pieces is as good as it can get after such an electronic-heavy last 2 years.

As for Mike being hypocritical, at one time he said he's annoyed by using 'gay' as a popular word for 'lame music'. Now he said radio songs became the word he's now allowed to say. Which is obviously true. Big deal. Even if he's jumping into his own mouth by saying that, who cares? People converse with their words being proofread before they come out of their mouths? No.

Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

I think you guys are totally missing the point as usual...

Mike's statements recently calling other music "pussy" is nothing to do with the heaviness of the music and more to do with the fact bands are not innovating, disrupting and doing something new and creative.

You are mixing the two things he is saying together. Mike is saying that the new music is also very heavy so you are assuming his comments on modern music being lame are meaning that the music is not heavy enough and then criticising him for the fact that you have made the wrong assumption.

Nothing has changed since ATS, LT exc, them being inspired by folk music and in making a much heavier album while it may be different things completely come from that same inspiration of having the balls to do something different.

Mike is expressing has opinion, you always have to say and do what you feel is right, people will analyse and place there own judgement and critique you anyway. That's what this band has always been about and they continue to be about and now even the fan base are the ones criticising because they still fail to understand.

Why not wait for the music to come out and why don't you shut up and create something or add something to the world instead of taking the easy option of making criticism of something you clearly do not understand.

unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

I really dont get that comment about Brad. Im a guitar player myself and I LOVE it. Its my passion. I would think any guitar player feels that why. Especially after selling albums like LP did, you would think that would make him more into it because his guitar sound cultivated a huge following. Weird but im glad mike pushed him but the fact he needed a push at all just irks me.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Really?

murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

This forum have 3267 rules...but dissing Mike Shinoda or calling him HYPOCRITE is totally fine!!!

Amazing how people can be stupid during album cycles!!!

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

All you LP fans are calling mike a hypocrite, but yet again do you want another crap living things? No we'd rather have a better sound album.

Tie between mike and the fans.

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

You mean like you're doing right now?

And who says I'm not trying to create something?

EDIT: Holy shit, where did all these personal attacks come from?

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Yeah maybe we should stop thinking or being critical and just agree with everything Mike says...

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I like music that Linkin Park have made previously and thus I am a Linkin Park fan, that does not mean I am obligated to not criticize anything specific members, or the band in its entirety say or do.

Blake

I loved Living Things

Mark_LP

Mark_LP in my fear and flaws..i let myself down again

can someone tell me what mikes actually said to get this response?
    I didn't notice anything particularity "bad" in the interviews