Linkin Park World Premiere "Guilty All The Same" on Shazam, And Blow Our Minds Completely

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 6, 2014.

1. ryyyylp

ryyyylp Well-Known Member

If you didnt write something along the lines of "amazing", you're doing it wrong. This is legit as hell.

2. Pay-per-cut

Pay-per-cut Well-Known Member

Unpopular opinion here:

Song is decent, nothing to go gaga over. If it wasn't for the fact that Linkin Park produced it, I would've closed the song in the first minute.

When Chester's vocals hit, I thanked god it wasn't a generic heavy metal song, like most people probably thought it was going to be.

That being said, I guess I am spoiled by QWERTY, which is their better heavier side.

At this point so early in the Album, like all of their singles, I am unimpressed. SHOW ME MOAR!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  3. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

AMEN to that

4. crashandburn24

crashandburn24 Forfeit the game

I love this song. Got that feeling like i had when I heard somewhere I belong for the first time. Also, its nice to hear less electronic elements for once, (not that i don't like their previous work). Looking forward to the new album!!

5. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

6. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm surprised Mike would let it get put out in low quality. He's always been one with "wear it with headphones on the actual CD" kinda guy. Lol. I guess since his synths aren't in it, that it didn't need to be high quality.

7. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

[CONTENT REMOVED BY STAFF]

Staff Note: Hold off on posting YouTube videos. We want to avoid getting into any trouble by perhaps facilitating illegal obtaining of a song that hasn't necessarily been officially released yet, just streamed. Thanks for understanding.

8. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Holy shit. I haven't felt this kind of energy/excitement in a long, long time.

9. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Rakim is undeniably a better emcee than Mike is. Even if it was just a rent-a-rapper type deal that's common now, I'd rather have a guest come in and do a great job than rely on Mike's waning talents as a rapper. What's wrong with having a guest vocalist? Is it just because they haven't done it before on a regular album? Personally, I'd be fine with a couple of tracks having guests. It's new for them and having featuring credits worked fine for bands like Deftones.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  10. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

It starts to grow on me after the 6th listen.. WOW!! The length of the song is almost the same as The Catalyst.. Yeah! The New Album will blow all the HATERS' mind.. :D

11. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Mike did mention something about rock artists being scared to collab with other people. This could be a sign of more callabs throughout the album

12. xEsaul

xEsaul Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anyone claim that Mike's the best rapper. Personally, I wouldn't put him in my top five list (unless we include bias). However, he is far from bad at the same time. No one's saying there's anything wrong either. You're reading a bit too much into this.

13. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

The way i see it
    It starts like the sound in a norteamerican garage and starts to evolve until that synth part with chester singing over it

14. Castle Of Glasses

Castle Of Glasses The cycle repeated...

I was a little disappointed after the first few listens and didn't like Rakim's part at all. Now after listening to the HQ version and really digging into the song and how it's put together I've gotta say, I'm thoroughly impressed! Brad and Rob fucking tear shit up and I really like Chester's vocals. The only thing I Don't like are the lyrics, I feel like they could have been more interesting. Oh, and Rakim's part is pretty sick but I still feel like Mike would have made me happier. Overall I'm really excited to hear more I just hope the lyrics are more interesting on the other songs, also fuck yes! long songs!! More of that please! LP? Please?

15. ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Tried being cool and making it go with A Place For My Head. It didn't work.

So I tried Castle of Glass, and here I go...

16. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

[youtube]Hn7B5FdwBK8[/youtube]

17. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

It sounds like a MTM demo tbh

18. UltimateLegend

UltimateLegend Well-Known Member

1,558 people on the website, and 1,093 browsing this thread. Yep.

19. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

QWERTY pairs nicely with this.

20. jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

I wasn't looking forward to heavy LP but I fucking love this! The only part I don't like is Rakim's part, it sounds so tacked on and out of place to me.