Linkin Park World Premiere "Guilty All The Same" on Shazam, And Blow Our Minds Completely

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Mr. Hahn is in this track quite a bit.

2. niklp

niklp Work hard , dream big

Yeah , they will enjoy very much during the live shows :)

3. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

Pay that one :thumbsup:

All good Krishnan! what would life be if we couldn't laugh at each others mistakes and misfortunes.

Edit: woah, dude.. you live in Adelaide too! were you at Soundwave last year? :O

4. lpeinstein

lpeinstein Active Member

I always liked that LP made albums without collaborations. However, I remember listening to Reanimation and hearing new artists come in for Papercut etc. and thought it added so much to the overall feeling of the message. That's what I get from GATS. Yeah, Mike would've been awesome to hear at the bridge but it probably wouldn't have sounded as fresh of a song. I can only imagine Mike's excitement to have one of his idols come on board. I will agree though, a live version where he intersperses with Rakim would be amazing.

5. dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

How will they do the rapverse live on this one? In the USA they most likely will have Rakim but what about different live versions abroad?

-Mike (rooting for this one ofcourse)
    -Tape?
    -Some other creative solution?

Very much looking forward to that. Just as much as hearing the song live at all!

6. Maars

Maars Well-Known Member

Must... not... overplay... eh.

Can't wait for the live performance.

7. Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

well for me it was quite unexpected after a few listens I really like it..!!

8. Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Damn i really wasn't expecting the first single to be like THIS!
    Almost six minutes long, raw, heavy, energetic. This is pretty much the direction i was hoping the new album would be. And this is the lead single. A representation of the album as a whole, known usually as being the catchiest poppiest song on the album. Apart from the the "safe" melodic vocals by Chester This is more along the lines of the Catalyst by being balls to the wall the opposite of what you might hear on the radio, only "rockier"

Musically, it reminds me of Mike's instrumental "Madison", but only more complex for Lp's standards. But the drumming especially is what stands out to me. Jesus christ

Let me address some fans fears though, that i hope that this doesn't repeat the "A.06, QWERTY, No more Sorrow/Given Up" pattern of leaking/releasing a heavy as hell first track from the album cycle when the final album itself is rather mellower.

hopefully i dont think this'll be the case here! :chocoface:

9. niklp

i think that for this part they will use one of the most important reasons that made them a worldwide band , Mike Shinoda , maybe he will rap on the voice of Rakim , during a rap concert you can see a lot of this situations 'cause the huge number of featuring that rappers do

10. Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

The song sounds unfinished at first. Listening to it a few more times the song sounds perfectly complete. It's more progressive than anything they've done before, hints of trash-metal and punk. Some spacey Mr Hahn parts. A great combination of all kinds of music genres! It's not unfinished or LPU demo stuff, it's just different. The only radiofriendly thing about the song is it's awesomeness. Somehow I'm comparing it to The Catalyst, one of my favourite songs of LP because it sounds absolutely shit at a first listen and then grows on you like hell and becomes your favourite LP song. Perhaps it's the energy, but also lyrically this song is just as epic as The Catalyst. Though I think in the end The Catalyst is slightly more original and the greater song. But hell, this is one of the best songs by LP untill now. I can't wait for the new album to come out. Somehow I had the vision of the end being near when Linkin Park comes back with a great album and great music again. They even say it themselves in this new song; ''Cause the end is near / now there's no other way''

This upcoming album has high expectations from my side of being a better album than A Thousand Suns. Not sure if it will have a concept like ATS, but 5+ minute length songs are already a great start. LT was a big let-down because it was rushed and not even 50% of what a band like LP is able to do in any way. To me it looked like it was the last thing to do for warner, give them sales.

11. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

I was thinking that too

12. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

That intro is so motherfucking sick. I really don't know how to explain the sensation I'm feeling. BUT IS FUCKING GOOD!! And Rakim added some dark energy that is just epic.
    I didn't expect this, BRUTAL MAN, BRUTAAAL

13. jouki

jouki Well-Known Member

i want it live <3

14. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I really hope the upcoming album will set a trend in the industry of actually playing heavy shit again. I love new stuff like Arcade Fire's "Reflektor" and stuff like that, but rock actually needs to rock!

15. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Nope. The unspoken rule of hip-hop is to NEVER do another rapper's verse live. If you watch any rapper's concert, they usually omit guest verses entirely.

16. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Listening to it through proper speakers, although still the song not at it's highest quality, brings a whole new element.

17. niklp

There is always something to learn , thank you! :)

18. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

But i love that verse ;( I want to see mike rapping it

19. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Last night I found a high quality version of the song on YouTube, probably a copy of the versions set to LPU members. I would post it here, but it's no doubt been taken down already.

20. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

God bless that guy who wrote the article 'Rock sucks right now and its depressing':shinado:.If it wasn't for him,we would have most probably not got this masterpiece..
    And how do you stop replaying this shit?:awesome: