Linkin Park World Premiere "Guilty All The Same" on Shazam, And Blow Our Minds Completely

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

I'm pretty sure they announced the album title the day they released the song.

2. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

We did? I could have sworn we knew about Living Things being the title at the same time. Guess I was wrong!

Edit: found these news posts dated April 16, 2012, same day Burn It Down premiered worldwide ;)

http://loudwire.com/linkin-park-new-album-living-things-on-june-26/
    http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news...veal_new_track_album_artwork.html?no_takeover
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1683177/linkin-park-living-things.jhtml

So I would say today has a VERY GOOD chance for at least the album title ;)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  3. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Yep...of the potato version.

4. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, you're right. They actually revealed the album title before the single officially came out. Guess it all got a little confusing because we knew about BURN IT DOWN way before the album title got announced.

5. lparmy

lparmy A party-hunted user.

Nice

Somehow Rakim's part reminded me of SOB in the OST of need for speed most wanted haha.
    I liked the fact that Chester didn't scream all that much (like Victimized), not that I don't like it, I do! but if he keeps doing that, he's going to trash his voice soon. I mean, singing with STP, and all those LP songs where's he's supposed to scream like hell all that often during tours. Night after night at his age. I hope to listen to more stuff like this but having Chester deal more powerful and melodic lyrics without relying on screaming to make them energetic and pit-compatible haha. I apologize for my weird english.

EDIT: While my account is new, I've been coming to LPA since its beginnings and a LP fan since HT :)

6. Cure4TheItch

Cure4TheItch I fuck up everything I see, fighting in futility.

They released it through the lyric video on YouTube with the album title and release date.

7. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

8. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I think it is pretty safe to assume that "The Hunting Party" is the album's title. There were 2 conclusions for "The Hunting Party". Either its the name of the single or the album and seeing how the single is GATS, the album has to be "The Hunting Party".

9. cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

If they perform this live Mike will do Rakim's part. I could be wrong.

[​IMG]

10. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thinks the sound that starts on 0:20 of GATS reminds of In My Remains (The part "Like an army falling one by one") Just this part of course, for just like 5-10 seconds

11. dvdbos

dvdbos Member

12. lparmy

lparmy A party-hunted user.

Well we've seen how they tag their songs during the demo/recording process and then changed to the actual name. It could have been the name for the work-in-progress. I mean, the video could have been recorded a few weeks ago and have mike release it just recently until they knew for sure. Plus, we all know how Mike and the guys enjoy having the fans come up with theories and likes. BUT it's not like I'm against that name for the album. Just pointing this out :p

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  13. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

14. LohithMohan

No Rakim for radio edit! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    But I guess the song was too long for radio.

15. Maars

Maars Well-Known Member

They'll probably do that, but they might perform the song with Rakim once or twice at least.

16. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Yep...shocker.

17. niklp

niklp Work hard , dream big

“A few months ago I was making some demos and writing this stuff and it sounded like something that you could play on the radio,” Shinoda explained. “I listen to a lot of indie music… and I was listening to the demos and thought, I don’t want to make any of that music. What is it that’s not out there right now that I’m all about, that I’m fired up about that is a void? It ended up being this new material.” Mike Shinoda.
    you don't know how much i'm happy about not listening LP indie's material right now....even if i'm pretty sure that old demo are better than 80% of indie bands' album

18. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Well right now I'm too happy with the song to be worried about the band making any further announcements today. I do believe though, that now since the first song is revealed, we will getting new information about the album in a more consistent way. Prior to this we hardly knew of anything about the album's planned schedule, but now we can expect interviews, information about a possible music video and even reviews from several media outlets (which we should take with a pinch of salt since they're for the most part misleading :lol:).

19. Praydox

Praydox Me, Myself and I

20. LohithMohan

I guess it would appeal to one part of the crowd. There were those that felt Chester's vocals were kinda weak and liked the rap. Oh well, in the end it doesn't even matter.