Linkin Park World Premiere "Guilty All The Same" on Shazam, And Blow Our Minds Completely

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

This is exactly how I feel about Faint.

2. Am I the only person who finds Chester's vocals to be well, poor? I don't know if it's the melody, or whatever but he sounds like a 14 year old...

Apart from that I like the song. The riffs sound like one of those several Meteora era demos though.

3. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Chester's twitter:

" Chester Bennington ‏@ChesterBe 14h
    Ok... If you guys like GATS, you're all going to shit your pants when you hear the record!!"

https://twitter.com/ChesterBe

4. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

He sounds just like he does live.

5. chappers14

chappers14 New Member

I'm ridiculously new here but I think that's a decent effort! Also understand the rolls of "Trolls under the bridge"

6. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Age will do that to ya.

7. jkrawcke224

jkrawcke224 Well-Known Member

and i actually agree with you about this because when i saw them in 2008, they closed the show with faint and i swear to god it was the BEST performance of that song i've ever heard. and im not just saying that because i was there lol. check it out (yes that is my blog shhh).

so i definitely feel you on that. it worked so well as the closing song. so much better than OSC i think.

8. steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

I'm not mind blown but I like it. Find the chorus a bit weak but loving the Rakim part and the guitar riffs. It's a shame Chesters parts are weak for me.

That being said though this is what I love about this band, they can be unpredictable with every record and I never thought they would get Rakim to perform in one of there songs, I'm a fan of his work.

9. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Raw. As Fuck.

Provided they keep their hip hop and electronic elements present on this album, this could very well be THE album from LP. Live jamming was always going to be a massive plus, and if the first single is 6 minutes long.... I can only hope what the album will bring.

10. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

that's still fucked to shit. 15 days worth of listening to the same song. although, it is 7 years old (shit).

11. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Yeah! You're definitely right.. :) Aside from the rumors floating in the web about "The Hunting Party", A Self-Titled 6th album name will be appropriate too. Yeah maybe they're keeping that for the Finale release when they are really on the stage of quits.

12. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

LPL reported on FB that Chester confirmed June for the album release date. While this is very likely due to the rumor, I haven't anything on here or on LPL. Only on their Facebook page. Is there any truth to this?

I agree that their final album should be self-titled! Would be legit

13. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

This album could top Hybrid Theory and idk if that's a good thing or a bad thing

14. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Topping old work is a fantastic thing. It's called progression.

15. Mitch

Mitch YTB

My favourite part of the song from a pure guitarists perspective is the bridge riff followed by the palm muted section. Good hearing the guitar this prevalent again.

16. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

HT is about to be my 4th favorite album from them after this album comes out!

17. Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

YES. I fucking miss the days when they closed with Faint back in the MTM tour! It feels like their excitement in the song was really rejuvenated back then because that's when they added the extended outro. Chester screamed more in the outro and Brad played better solos (though lately they haven't been too bad either). It's also a funny coincidence because Detroit is where I saw them twice (2011 and 2012, 3 hour drive from Cleveland lol) and although they didn't close with Faint in 2011 it was the second last song and along with Crawling, Blackout, Papercut and OSC made for ridiculous encore! I remember being in disbelief when the song started, wondering "Am I really here? Listening to my favorite song by my favorite band live?" I've actually seen the performance you linked to on YT but after listening to it again it makes me sad to hear how good Chester's voice used to be (so much fucking RANGE). Wish he still sounded like that :sad:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  18. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

I absolutely love this song. It's problably my favorite lead single they've ever released. I'm not one of those who's saying all the time 'LP PLZ GO BACK TO THE ROOTS", but this is very exciting. Musically, I feel it's the first time I've heard tiny bits of progressive stuff on an LP song. Contrary to most people's opinions, I like Chester's vocals and the rawness of them. I also think that Rob shines here. I can't wait to hear this album!

19. underground1

underground1 Well-Known Member

I love the new single... but will we be able to purchase the radio edited version?

20. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I just thought about something. You know, if there is one record that has been mentioned very often as an influence/inspiration behind LP6, it has to be "The Shape of Punk to Come" by Refused. Mike is always talking about it as an album which was very influential for him. So there's that.

There's also that guest appearance of Rakim on GATS, which could potentially mean that there could be one or two more collabs on this record. Just pure speculation there, but anyway. What I'm coming at is that if there had to be another guest appearance on the record, I think the singer of Refused (Dennis Lyxzén) could very well be a great choice.

Just a random thought, which will more than probably never have any concrete application. Just thought I'd still share it :lol: