Linkin Park's New Single "Guilty All The Same" Out Now on iTunes

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 6, 2014.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Surprisingly, almost everyone I know likes MTM even if they are "old school Linkin Park" fans. Hope they like this cd as well!

Maars

Maars Well-Known Member

No, it didn't.

Blake

it did not, unfortunately!

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Yet we got NIN/QOTSA/Dave Grohl/Lindsay Buckingham at the Grammys.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Now that's surprising, Mike was so excited about bringing in Rakim. You would think he would keep that in. Maybe he didn't have a say in it. Oh well, I have the full version pre-ordered on iTunes. That's all I need.

Quack

Quack Well-Known Member

you know im down as fuck for this, but whats the point of pre-ordering a single? LOL

Blake

My thoughts exactly

Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

I would like to point out that some parts of the song- how the guitar is arranged- sound like music from Pirates Of The Carribean.

BongKong

BongKong Well-Known Member

Do they usually release songs before the announcement of an album? I always go with iTunes and don't understand why I have to pay for the same song twice.

linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

The single artwork seens a little poor to me. It's not bad but that art they've been putting on the facebook cover and profile, plus The Carnivorous Tour logos got me really excited to see a mindblowing cover but it's pretty simple

ragsta

ragsta Well-Known Member

Anyone knows if there is still an important announcement coming today? like album title, potential tracklist and release date?

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

I'm happy that 'old' LP fans are going crazy over this song, but I can't help but feeling annoyed when they keep saying 'Linkin Park is finally back!!!'...

Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Can just speak for me. I have to go to work tomorrow very early in the morning. No time for browsing, searching, etc. I just want to fire up the download and listen to the song and finally get rid of my ITunes cards. Due to the fact that I currently have a lot of things to remember I am pretty sure this is something that I might forget on my way to work and therefore preordered it :-D

I won´t buy the digital album version but the hard copy later when it is released.

But despite that I don´t really see a reason either to preorder it except the good old hype train feeling =)

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I love the song, but this is definitely NOT the case. This has got to have Chester's weakest vocals from an album ever. I'm not the only one that has noticed it either. I have friends who have heard the track and describe Chester's vocal delivery as sounding like a "bitch". I have also spotted plenty of comments around the web that also point out the softer take he gives. The delivery is in no way powerful, but I will say it is okay.

This is merely a theory, but I have a feeling that there will be very little screaming on this album, if any, due to Chester's live vocal deliveries getting worse and worse, especially since 2012 and possibly effecting how he would sound in studio, which seems to be the case with this track and also evident in High Rise.

IMP757

IMP757 Well-Known Member

Got played on BBC Radio 1 this evening, was not expecting that at all.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I've pre-ordered albums from iTunes in the past (to immediately get the single) and every time, it's made available for download about an hour or two before release day (so GATS might be available for you to DL around 10 or 11 tonight depending on your timezone). I don't know if that's an absolute guarantee, nor do I know if that's a perk of pre-ordering or if it's available to anyone to purchase early. I just notice because Apple sends an e-mail when it's ready to download.

But other than that, I'm in complete agreement with you.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

trash2g.

BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing, but his screaming in the bridge of this performance is pretty alright! I wouldn't rule out screaming at all, while I don't disagree with you, I just think that this 'raw' element benefited from Chester's raw vocals.
    [video=youtube;-hJupVAdRCg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hJupVAdRCg[/video]

Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. However, the fact that we have a distinction between an "old" and "new" Linkin Park is just ridiculous to me altogether.

Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Agreed completely.

However luckily for us over in AZ or California, iTunes updates earlier than it does on the East Coast. So instead of 12, we'll get it around say 9ish.