Linkin Park World Premiere "Guilty All The Same" on Shazam, And Blow Our Minds Completely

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Album in June/early summer has been known for a very long time. Joe Hahn basically told a fan last year they were aiming for summer, and the band has been saying summer for the longest time. So a June release date is hardly news or anything new.

Good to see it confirmed though.

2. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I think that the odds of getting a release date before the end of the month are good.

3. pompo

pompo ¬¬

my body is ready :kappa:

4. wut/has/happen/2/lp?

wut/has/happen/2/lp? Member

Yeaaa anyone who has been a true fan of lp since the hybrid theory ep days has to feel that at least this latest single is subquality work from lp. I really do appreciate the fact that they try different things with each album but i swear (and i really hate that im saying this) but this song sounds like i recorded it on an 8 track and chester used a stupid computer mic and recorded vocals on windows recorder. All you people saying oh yeah this song is real raw. No its not you want to hear a raw record. Limp bizkits 3 dollar bill yall is a raw record...

5. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

So what constitutes as "a true fan?"

6. Derek

I tried so hard (and some would even say that I got so far) in attempting to take you seriously, but then reading your screen name made me realize that in the end? This post doesn't even matter.

7. Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

COME ON CHAZ IM AT MY TOILET WHERES THE RECORD!!!

8. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

According to some people, you have to bitch about their new material while claiming that you've been a fan since 1996. :halfkappa:

9. Hybrid

The last line in the post talking about Limp Bizkit really did it for me. A MUTHAFUKKIN CHAINSAW! WUT!

10. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

11. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

You make my head hurt.

12. wut/has/happen/2/lp?

Im not saying whether or not someone is a true fan all im saying is myself along with im sure many others who have followed lp from basically the very beginning feel a little abandoned with the direction lp has taken post meteora. I remember back when they were recording m2m(before we knew really anything about it) i would imagine that it would sound like hybrid theory and what would eventually become a thousand suns. But was floored at how generic what ive done was when it was eventually released.

13. Hybrid

Apparently I'm the exception to that rule. I've stayed loyal to my favorite band since I first heard One Step Closer on the radio as a 16 year old struggling through high school in late 2000. Does growing and evolving with the band make you a "true fan?" If it doesn't I guess that means I'm a terrible fan.

14. wut/has/happen/2/lp?

Why is this site so biased anytime someone doesnt think something is super great by lp you guys attack like your defending their honor. Im sure they will be just fine with one dude on the internet saying this song sucks...

15. wut/has/happen/2/lp?

And thats what im saying of course all of you wont agree with me and thats fine. But dont sit here and say tha someone is lying about when they were a fan and i have no just cause for putting my opinion out there and seeing who will agree or pergaps counter what im saying with logical reasoning instead of coming off as immature

16. wut/has/happen/2/lp?

Actually i was a fan since 99 not 96. You know the same year htep cameout. Bitch

17. Hybrid

Insert Jackie Chat "What!?" Meme here.

18. wut/has/happen/2/lp?

You try typing with 100% accuracy on a phone

19. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Are you serious? This is probably the most objective LP site ever.

20. Derek

Yeah What I've Done was "generic", but that's because they were forced to write a single. Did you happen to listen to how creative the rest of the record was? Or were you too hung up on how it "wasn't nu-metal" anymore? We're not defending their honor. We're reacting to your silly comments.

The band has said previously that they were not being very original with Meteora. That it was Hybrid Theory Part 2. How anybody could be disappointed that the band has taken creative risks (that risked losing fans) because they didn't want to suddenly become a parody of themselves, is a total mystery to me. I just don't understand it, and have failed to understand it for the last THREE album cycles. Because you know what? This happens every album cycle. The band makes something that sounds nothing like their old music, and fans say they were 'abandoned' or accuse the band of being shit because they don't make nu-metal anymore.

I guess it's totally okay to keep making the same derivative and formulaic bullshit to sell millions of records, while eliminating their integrity in the process. As long as it sounds like their first album right? Because that's what the fans who act butthurt that the band 'changed' after Meteora are doing. They're telling the band basically to sell their souls to make a vocal minority happy. To get up on stage, and perform an uninspired duplicate of their first two albums, because at least that way those fans who refuse to grow up will be happy.

This has happened every album cycle, since MTM. It's been going on for basically 7 years. And yet, despite the band making it abundantly clear nu-metal will never, ever, make a comeback...we still hear them getting bitched out that they don't make music like their 'old music' anymore. I'm sorry but, boo fucking hoo. You want Meteora? Put in Meteora. This new album, won't sound a thing like Meteora and will be it's own new beast...and there's a lot of fans right now that are pretty happy about that and don't accuse the band of being generic cause they don't try to copy Hybrid Theory for the third time.