Linkin Park World Premiere "Guilty All The Same" on Shazam, And Blow Our Minds Completely

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 6, 2014.

1. wut/has/happen/2/lp?

wut/has/happen/2/lp? Member

Look i just wanted to have an interesting debate on why the song was either good or bad. But clearly that cant be done on a biased website. It is a fan site afterall i guess...

2. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I've been all evening. Without autocorrect.

3. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

My pants are ready :mrhankey:

4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yep we're biased. That's why people on here talk critically of Meteora, and some people didn't like LIVING THINGS. That's totally kissing the band's ass.

Yep. We're definitely totally biased over Linkin Park. We love everything they do.

5. wut/has/happen/2/lp?

wut/has/happen/2/lp? Member

Yea but mike also stated years and years ago that meteora was meant to be like a continuation of hybrid theory they wanted to show they wanted to prove that ht wasnt a fluke and that they could make another album like ht. and yea i feel like they hopped on the lets hate on the numetal bandwagon. When they came out with ht they were so psyched at the fact that they were able to fuse rap rock in such a successful way and then for them to hate on the genre that helped their rise to fame is a little fucked up.

6. Hybrid

I guess only true fans feel that way...

7. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Please, let's not get on this whole Meteora debate again. There's not much to say anyway. Band has done it, and won't do it again. Not that they hate the record (there are some Chester 2013 interviews where he's quoted saying that he's still proud of it), but they don't want to repeat themselves. That's it.

Anyway, GATS is getting some serious praise on youtube. It seems like the biggest critics people are formulating is about the raw production, which I can understand since this type of raw sound might not be for everyone. I for one fucking dig it, such a nice change after how polished LT was!

8. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Hey everyone, I listened to the full album version of GATS a little while ago and the radio edit version just a few minutes ago. This song is definitely a winner. I have read through the entire thread and have seen certain complaints about the song addressed frequently and I have to disagree with what has been said. I listened to both versions of the song through high quality external speakers and Chester sounds spot on throughout. There is nothing "weak" about his vocal performance, as he is both edgy and raspy while maintaining a lot of energy. As for Rakim's verse, I dig it. I don't fully understand the lyrics yet but I have a feeling the official lyrics will be released fairly soon, probably in a lyric video. To me, this song is a direct "fuck you" to massive labels and maybe even corporations, which I think is great.

9. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

10. Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

I'm sorry but....LOL!

11. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

You've never taken an English course before, have you?

12. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Agreed, and quite appropriate in cohesion with 30STM's movement in documenting their horror story with record labels. Assuming this is the message, 'The Hunting Party' is an appropriate title for the album.

13. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I don't know if I just missed it on one of these many pages, but what WAS your opinion on the new song, Derek?

14. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Read the news post. All you need to know :p.

15. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

No you don't, otherwise you wouldn't say anyone who disagrees with you is biased.

16. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I'm getting really annoyed with this "True fan" bullshit. Someone can like one song out of a bands entire discography and be considered a fan. It's for the individual to decide if they are or not, no one else.

17. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

What is this person even complaining about? That we do like the song or that we don't?

18. Hybrid

I can see this, but I see it as a F-you to media outlets. The news, the radio, anything that is telling you what you need to do with your life. Also, the news is good for telling you what is killing or ailing you. The media hype machine rolls over anything that gets in their way, and so many people blindly follow without doing their own research. Man, this sounds like I'm a conspiracy theorist. I'm really not. Some things that the media tries to pull off though is complete crap. Social media is not exempt here either.

19. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I didn't know about 30STM's documentary about record labels. I might check it out soon, as I am developing interest in that band since the tour was announced. I really hope that LP's next album is called "The Hunting Party". There's so much badassery in the title alone that all the songs could really benefit from it!

You don't sound like a conspiracy theorist at all. You're spot on with what you're saying. I have been gaining more of an anti-corporation sentiment specifically since I have learned more about what is happening behind the scenes with them. It's truly unbelievable that some corporations can get away with such blatant abuse of both human and animal rights. I think it's likely that LP may soon be joining a cause that calls out corporations and mass media for their abuses and hypocrisy, as the band has shown to be quite humanitarian and for the people.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  20. Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

I didn't really care for that as a title...