Linkin Park World Premiere "Guilty All The Same" on Shazam, And Blow Our Minds Completely

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm not sure if the entire documentary is on that topic specifically, but judging from the ad, that particular subject is explored.

2. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Simply put: If Linkin Park had continued down the nu-metal road post-Meteora and put out a Hybrid Theory III, there wouldn't be a band anymore and this site wouldn't exist.

As for calling us biased, I've been here 12 years and that's the LAST thing I would call this community. It's probably the most evenly split LP community out there (not like I've checked). Many people on either side of the ledger. Just because a vocal majority does not agree with something you said, does not make them biased.

3. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Ignoring all... ^^^ That, I have to say the song has a real 90's punk feel to it especially the chorus. The band have always referenced punk but this is the first time I've really heard it. I like it. Rakim's part however is really reminiscent of old LP in a good way so I also enjoyed that. Also props for choosing a rapper that wouldn't just ruin it *cough cough*eminem*cough cough*

4. Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

I'm still wishfully thinking that Eminem makes an appearance on the album..hehe

5. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

What we need is Hollywood Undead collaboration. That should would be INTENSE. It would like, be their best release ever! :shinado:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  6. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I can see where some wouldn't be too crazy about that as a title, especially if they aren't into aggressive-sounding names. I'm just at a period in my life where I greatly enjoy "heavy" and "energetic" music with sometimes vicious lyrics and harsh vocals. I put quotation marks around heavy and energetic because these words, when describing music, mean different things to different people. What do you think would be a good title for the new album?

7. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

And then get riverline and it would be like LP collaborating with LP collaborating with LP! :kappa:

8. Dragondust

I would have to hear the whole album and then decide what would make a good title...I just can't come up with something with hearing only one song.... I guess I won't whine to hard about the title if the songs on it are good!

9. punkkidskater

punkkidskater Why So Shinoda?

Lyrics for Rakim's part (I'm pretty sure):

Yeah, you already know what it is
    Can y'all explain, what kind of man is destined
    When a man has plans of being rich
    If he falls off his plans, he's wealthy?
    Dirty money scheme, a clean split
    Nonsense the same, he didn't call for this, he's filthy
    Talk team, they take the paper route
    All they think about is bank accounts, assets and realty
    Anybody's expense, no shame with a clear conscience
    No regrets and guilt free, you claim that ain't the way that he built me
    Smoke scream, we're going in flames
    Know as soon as they're done what the deal be
    Say it's time for things to change
    We arrange that dope product we built cheap
    Anything if it's more to gain
    Dream, manipulated like artists, it's real deep
    Until no more remains, but I'm still me
    Like authentic hip-hop and rock, to pop and radio
    You record companies kill me
    Try to force me to strain it, no way
    They got the gall to say "yo, how real can real be?"
    You feel me? you will see, the greed will be to blame
    Greedy for the fame, TV or a name
    Media, the game, to me you're all the same
    You're guilty

10. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

That would be beyond Epic, Linkin Park And Eminem wow just wow
    everyone would go nuts

11. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Re: "true fans" -- you never know what the band might come out with, as much as you think you do. With each passing album, it comes more and more obvious that they could try anything, including things that you might not like. No-one can predict how much they might like something that they've never heard. :sleep:

None of LP's music is to everyone's taste because tastes are different. That's what brings forth some good discussion, which any good online community should facilitate. For some people, everything that the band has made happens to have clicked with them, which is cool. For others, the band's musical direction hasn't always perfectly coordinated with their ever-changing tastes. Someone might not like the new single because they don't like hip-hop or because you don't like metal or whatever.

We have a wide variety of people here in this very community who like (or dislike) LP for all kinds of different reasons. All of them are fans. Hell, some people here don't like LP at all, and we value them too.

This isn't any kind of point about quality, though we all have different views on what constitutes "quality music" or the merits of Linkin Park's experimentation. If you think that the band were lazy making "Meteora" or whatever, that's a different discussion.

12. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

[​IMG]

13. jkrawcke224

jkrawcke224 Well-Known Member

yo.

its been a mere coincidence for me that my music tastes have changed alongside linkin park's. except this song/probably this album. this is the first album they'll be coming out with that im not fully immersing myself in music that goes alongside this. im still in the ATS/LT side of things. but i still love this song and i'll probably love this album, too. its fun. its exciting. and if i dont like any of the other stuff on the record, im 100% willing to let it grow on me, im not going to immediately say its horrible lol. hell, i used to really dislike robot boy. then it grew on me. and then it became the most important linkin park song for me.

so yeah i mean everyone has their own story, their own thing. and this community really is a great one. im kind of off and on here (see my post count lol), but im always *here* even if im not posting. im always here looking to see what everyone has to say, and thats a cool thing you know. i dig it. :rastamike:

14. Dragondust

There aren't many songs that I really liked on ATS or MTM but I Loved LT I'm thinking I'll really like this new album also.

15. minuteforce

Yeah, and that's really cool! But, obviously, my point was that, it wouldn't be your fault and you'd be no lesser a fan if a song doesn't grow on you. :)

16. REF

REF Member

Wat. How someone that doesn't like LP is a fan? in what world we live that I don't have to like something to be a fan of it?! I don't see why somebody that doesn't like LP would come to a fan site of said band (wait, this is a LP fan site, right?). I agree that as fans we aren't 'forced' to like everything LP does just for the sake of being fans or not to be less of a fan, I for one didn't like the idea of them collaborating with Jay-Z and the only song out of the album I kinda like is Numb/Encore, but I've seen 'fans' on this site who have called Mike hypocrite and in their defense bring that (specially on this site) 'you don't have to like everything they do to be fan' argument, while I agree with that argument like I mentioned before, I don't see how calling Mike a hypocrite is a good sign, that's why I DO think there are different kind of fans.

17. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah, you already know what it is
    Can y'all explain, what kind of land is this
    When a man has plans of being rich
    If the ????? wealthy
    Dirty money scheme, a clean split
    Nonsense to say even corporate hands is filthy
    Talk team, they take the paper route
    All they think about is bank accounts, assets and realty
    Anybody's expense, no shame with a clear conscience
    No regrets and guilt free, you claim that ain't the way that they built me
    Smoke screen before the flame
    Know it soon as they go what the deal be
    Say it's time for things to change
    Rearrange like good product we built cheap
    Anything if it's more to gain
    Dream, manipulated like artists, it's real deep
    Until no more remain, but I'm still me
    Like authentic hip-hop and rock, to pop and radio
    You record companies kill me
    Try to force me to strain it, no way
    They got the gall to say "yo, how real can real be?"
    You feel me? you will see, the greed will be to blame
    Greedy for the fame, TV or a name
    Media, the game, to me you're all the same
    You're guilty
    =====
    Courtesy of Hybrid. We're REAL close. Please everyone listen to this and suggest any edits necessary.

18. minuteforce

In my phrasing, I differentiated between people who are fans but might not like everything the band has done and people who are here despite not being fans of LP at all. I did not at any point call the latter group "fans". Sorry if that wasn't clear. :)

And I guess it's not exactly essential to my main point (explained above) but there are people on this board who don't like LP at all but are here because the community is full of cool people, regardless of differing tastes. That's an important aspect of LPA, I think, and I think that it played a part in Derek creating a whole other community for broader music discussions.

And discussion about something like Shinoda's supposed hypocrisy is a different matter to whether or not Linkin Park's musical style appeals to you, which was more what I was talking about. I don't personally think that they blur too much.

19. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Pidgey, I've always wondered, why do you hate Eminem so much?

20. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yes, I would love for him to tell me more, especially the part where I'm a bitch. :rolleyes: