Linkin Park World Premiere "Guilty All The Same" on Shazam, And Blow Our Minds Completely

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

2. REF

REF Member

Might have been where I didn't find it clear.

But yes yes, I see what you say, I'm fine with people having different tastes, it in fact makes discussions much more appealing, entertaining, interesting and enriching, what I don't find cool, and in fact it kinda pisses me off is, like I mentioned before, people criticizing in such rude ways, specially when they call themselves fans and in a fan site you expect a diffferent kind of behaviour by their part, but oh well, like you say, they're still fans right?.

3. ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

OMG :lol:

4. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

lol I don't necessarily hate him. I really dislike his new music though and I just really dislike the idea of those 2 getting together. It just wouldn't fucking work. It would be shallow and contrived. Eminem collaborates with Rihanna and shit like that. That's not what LP needs. You know what LP needs if they are gonna collaborate, they need guys like Owen Pallet or Rakim. Because for one it fits. two, they don't come off bad (that one doesn't really matter, but it gets hard to defend them at that point.)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  5. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Jay-Z also does songs with Rihanna. In fact, he's the entire reason she's famous.

6. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Ah, I see - in saying that, I just meant that there are things the bands makes or does that some people don't like, even as fans, perhaps due to taste or for other reasons. :) So, again, apologies.

I think that is probably a fine line. But people have different ways of putting across their opinions and some people just feel really strongly when, for example, they feel like Shinoda has made controversial statements and sweeping generalisations.

As moderators, we try and let that kind of thing breathe because we want a bit of passionate discussion, but we also want to keep things civil so, obviously, we curb it when it gets out of hand.

7. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

And I don't like Collision Course (at least not anymore). LP should be like Jay Z with Rihanna. Making people no one knows famous. So I think they did a good job here choosing.

8. minuteforce

Mmm. For my part, it isn't about whether an artist is "known" or "unknown". I think that a collaboration with Eminem would seem contrived somehow. And that goes for so many other suggestions that come up about who should be featured in LP songs.

9. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Rakim isn't some unknown, he's one of the reasons lyrical rap exists! When Illmatic came out, everyone looked at Nas as an updated Rakim. For a hip-hop head, not knowing about Rakim is like a rock fan not knowing about the Velvet Underground or something.

10. REF

REF Member

I guess, that's probably why I don't post that much haha.

By the way, I didn't realize who I was talking to until now, but I'm a fan of your MMU entry 'Army of flares' dude, it's so relaxing!.

11. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Thank you for the nod, Derek! :D

12. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

He's not huge though. He's not someone like me would know (obviously lol). His name doesn't instantly turn a certain portion of the fan base off. Am I gonna look into his stuff? Probably not. A lot people like me will now though. Plus, if he's as good as he's apparently made to be than an actually talented rapper gets recognized that much more.

13. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Paid in Full is one of the most critically acclaimed and influential albums in the genre. Just because you don't know who the hell he is doesn't mean his presence isn't felt in EVERY SINGLE RAPPER who has a more complicated rhyme scheme than just couplets.

14. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

So I thought of this earlier but forgot to post.

Does any think this album will clean like first two and LT?

The fact that Rakim's rap had no cussing is what leads me to believes this

Jared Leto I think will be a feature

15. minuteforce

I think that, also, there's some kind of, I guess, authenticity that comes with a choice like Rakim as opposed to a trendier guest to appear on a single and, plus, it's kind of a left-field choice too. I guess that ties back to what I said earlier re: Eminem

16. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Then again, Rakim is probably not doing jack shit right now. I think the only thing he recorded last year was a collaboration with R.A. the Rugged Man, Rammstein and some random Trinidadian singer that has yet to surface.

17. Blake

While I agree with the first statement, youd be pretty dumb to call yourself a fan of a band if you only like one of their songs. The exception to this is of course, if you have only heard one song and really liked so you say the like the artist.

18. Blake

HOW DARE YOU

lol jk

I think Eminem would do great on an LP song.

However, I feel Kendrick Lamar would be the best fit for an LP song

19. Brandon Torio

Brandon Torio Well-Known Member

I just realized, is this the first song in two albums (not counting recharged), where there are no Mike vocals whatsoever? In all of LT, ATS, ALTNC, New Divide, he is at least in the background. Can't hear him here, the back layers sound like Chester quite clearly.

20. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Mike is there, Harmonizing with Chester..