Linkin Park World Premiere "Guilty All The Same" on Shazam, And Blow Our Minds Completely

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 6, 2014.

1. kayelplover968

kayelplover968 Member

I pretty much agree with everything you have said here. I think Chester sounds amazing on this track & Rob on the drums OMG!!! I cannot wait to see the video for this, and the album should be amazing if this is anything to judge by. It's gonna feel like an eternity until album release, but as all of us LP fans do, we'll keep on waiting (maybe not so patiently), but we all know it will be truly worth it.

LOL (I had to shout this one out)!!!

I don't think so. I think his live vocals are better than this.

2. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

^ I just stitched three of your posts together. Please use the "Edit Post" function in future instead of making consecutive posts. Thank-you.

3. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

^My least favorite part about this song. The mixing could use a little tweaking, depending which speakers I use (laptop vs my Audio Technicas vs my home theater system) I hear different elements of the song but there is always something unbalanced. Obviously using different amps and speakers will produce different sounds but this song is so inconsistent compared to anything else I've heard. I'm hoping the previews have been low quality versions and it will have a better mixing when I buy it.

Also, the true highlight here is Rob Bourdon's drumming. His work is always good, but it's like someone lit a fire in him for this song. One good thing about the poor mixing though is that the drums are amplified much more than you would hear in a modern rock song (look up the Loudness Wars on Youtube to learn more) so you get to hear the awesome drumming a lot louder <3

4. kayelplover968

kayelplover968 Member

Amen to that. So well said!!!

5. jkrawcke224

jkrawcke224 Well-Known Member

replying to some comments a few pages back because i never got the chance to

haha well thats kick ass because i was at both of those shows, too (clearly my siggy says it lol). but yeah that song killed as a closer, specifically that performance. it literally brings tears to my eyes because it just gets me so excited, chester's screams in that outro fucking KILL. ugh. so much love :'] however i am going to disagree with you a bit on his range now, because i think he definitely still has it. its hard to bring up because hes older and and im sure this is all starting to take a toll on him but i think he's still got it. i think hes focusing more on singing now than like aggressively singing/screaming (which is funny because i feel like theres gonna be a lot of that on this new album so we'll see). i will direct you to his performance of the LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent medley at the detroit HCT show because he is quite literally perrrrfect on that. so gorgeous. <3

so i put way too much thought into this (as i usually do with shit like this) and i figured out that the second verse from high voltage would fucking kick ass in the bridge for GATS. the flow is nearly perfect, perfect tempo, perfect length. and i say second verse and not first because i think its a bit longer than the first and it has more energy. and im biased because im in love with mike's vocals on that song and ive been dying to hear that live recently since its only been played live like three times lol. so if this were to happen (shinoda if you're reading this ayyy) i would, quite literally, shit my pants.

6. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Raaakiiim.

7. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Well, a little tweaking especially on the drums, the kick is not audible enough.. I mean it lacks that punch of the low end... Maybe they can adjust it since they are still on the process of Mastering the record which probably the Album version of GATS will be much more clearer and even well-balanced in terms of dynamics.. I just hope for a better version of this song when the record drop this summer..

I still remember The Catalyst way back 2010 being released as the official lead single of ATS about how it sounds but on the album version, it got better... :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  8. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

So what really is the meaning behind GATS? Lol Is Chester yelling at us?

9. Knt.Slbs

"In your face, Warner!!!" like that :D

10. kayelplover968

kayelplover968 Member

My bad. Sorry, new user (but long time fan)!!!

11. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

He ain't

12. Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

He is. Starting 1:46 I think.

Edit: Sorryy 2:32

13. ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

John Bonham's drumming has been everywhere for the last 40 years, but that doesn't mean everyone listens to and appreciates Zeppelin.

I see someone else has signed on to my... theory. :kappa:

It's generally just another track of Chester doing the harmonies. Generally.

Hell yes! Rob owns this tune.

14. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

David Zasloff on Nobody's Listening
    David Campbell's string arrangements on a bunch of Meteora/Minutes to Midnight stuff

etc...ATS is technically the only Linkin Park album without any additional musicians on it.

15. Knt.Slbs

I'm wondering if he could appear on this record for the string arrangement (since Andy Wallace is the mixer of the New Album), I just missed live strings element of LP... I wished it would appear again on some tracks of the new record.

16. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I wonder if this will be the intro to the album. The way the song starts tells me that it might be.

Anyways, it's been over 24 hours, and I still can't get enough of this track. The only flaw for me is that Rakim's vocals are so hard to make out in some parts. But once I learn the lyrics it won't be that big of a deal, I suppose.

17. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

No. All of the harmonies in the pre-chorus and second verse are Chester harmonizing with himself. There ARE some gang vocal shouts on the repeated "GUILTY ALL THE SAME" lines that come after the second and third choruses (which may or may not include Mike anyway), but other than that, no Mike vocals on this song.

Also, answering the original question of songs from the last 2 albums without Mike vocals on them, there's The Messenger (same situation as this song, there are gang vocals on the "oh oh's" at the end of the song that may or may not include Mike), and Powerless (all of the backing vocals on that one are definitely Chester, he prounounces his "oh oh's" differently than Mike :lol:).

18. Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

Ah, now now! Let's not forget Chex aka NoBrain, (I think) who worked on When They Come For Me ;)

Edit: Unless we're excluding everything but official personnel.

19. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I think all of the albums include credits for "additional programming", which is what NoBraiN provided

20. insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

Good song. Hype for the next album, but wish Mike sung a little more, and that Chester vocals were just a tad louder. Lyrics need a touch more variety too. 8 out of 10.