Guilty All The Same - 24 hours later: opinion

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Denny, Mar 7, 2014.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Yeah, definitely. VICTIMIZED is awesome too, I wish it was longer.

I try not to overplay the song, I am more calmed with it and am not repeating it all day but I do have to say that I freaking love it, I missed this energy and aggression. I was already used to LP's more electronic side and tried to had my "heavy fix" with other bands, but nothing will beat the experience of getting that "punch" in the face with Linkin Park.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

If you listen closely in the intro you can here some turntable-esque work. Sounds like Joe had some part to play in the song afterall.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Speaking of Rob, why is nobody mentioning WTCFM? that song is monster drum-wise.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

This. I really love the song, but I don't feel the need to listen to it endlessly, such as I did with Coldplay's Midnight, or even Burn it Down (when it first released).

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Because he wasn't the only one to play drums on that song.

Gibs

Also, I fucking love the first chorus where all the instrumentation backs out, and all you hear is that synth/electronic effect, with faint guitar in the background.

Andreina

The beat is awesome. But indeed, Rob isn't the only one to play drums ther :lol:

Gibs

Wasn't it Chester and Brad who also played?

Maars

Maars Well-Known Member

The more I listen to the song, the better it gets. If the rest of the album is, at least, as good as the first single is, I'll have my new favorite Linkin Park record.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

A few notes

- Guilty All The Same feels like No More Sorrow and Victimized had a kick-ass baby who ended up exceeding both of them in all but vocal delivery.

- The vocals actually really remind me of Papa Roach's "What's Left of Me", especially in the way Chester growls similarly to the vocalist in that band for this track.

- If this is the first single of the album then DAAAMN are we in for a treat as this should be the tip of the iceberg.

- Pretty sure the reason people aren't listening to the track on repeat over and over is due to the sheer substance of the song. Burn It Down was easy to digest repeatedly due to the fact that it was a poppy catchy 3-minute anthem track whereas GATS is an epic 6-minute punch to the face that has enough substance to keep the listener satisfied afterwards. Just my two cents anyways.

- Also finding it ironic how Living Things was bitched about for being too overproduced while now people are bitching about GATS being too underproduced.

- Overall THIS is the exact sound I've dreamed of since Minutes To Midnight from the band. Although I adored ATS, this is just gnarly.

TooEarlyToRateButPrettyDamnIncredible/10

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I'm talking about who came up with that stuff, not who played it live.

Andreina

Liked your notes overall but especially the part I just quoted. I love BID but yeah almost 6 minutes of a song does satisfy me. I will play this song prudently until the album comes out so I can blast it front to back repeatedly :lol:

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

It's a great track, I like it a bit more on each listen. A part of me is still a bit disappointed that ATS/experimental LP isn't coming back, but I guess that's one of the risks of listening to a band that changes their style from album to album. But yeah, it's good to listen to LP and get some guitar-heavy rock. I missed that too.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I agree. I hope all or most songs are 4+ minutes

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I played it at work for my boss she was like and my co-workers were like that's Linkin Park?
    It's really awesome Love the guitar solo, wish it had screaming in it though. And it would have been
    sick if Mike and Rakim were going back and forth

Blake

I agree.

People in the shout box were knocking me because I predicted that this has a very likely chance to be my favorite LP album. But I honestly think it very well could be!

This song is already top 4 to me, so if the other songs are just as good. Game. Set. Match.

Very good notes! I have been playing it on repeat but I understand the point about being left filled to not want to replay! Good notes!

Top 4 LP song for me already. SO GOOD

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

There are samples in the background throughout. Joe is there.

Blake

Yep, this is true!

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

This. You just perfectly explained how I felt too. To be honest, I had given up on the hope that LP would ever release something that intense and agressive again. Hey, I remember predicting early last year that LP6 would sound indie pop (which I had no problem with btw). Seems like I was totally wrong, and it's always a pleasure to get surprised by my favorite band :)

...altough Mike SAID that this record was initially leaning towards that indie pop direction, but that he ended up burning those early demos because he wasn't satisfied with it.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

It's been in my head ALL day. That rarely happens to me. Good sign.