"Guilty All The Same" Lyric Video On YouTube

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Mar 7, 2014.

snowblue

snowblue You know the blue snow?

Not to be a douche, but techno is not the flavor of the year(s), but EDM (Electronic dance music) is. Before that, Dubstep was FOTY. Techno is long way gone (disappeared at the end of the 90's (?)).

You do have a point though, a lot of people have changed their music taste. For real, if LP released a Hybrid Theory 2, I think it would have less sales/recognition than another Living Things.

Personally I wish we could change/go back to some pure, loud, rock. Even if I totally enjoy the LT/ATS albums.

I think the album will have a good/okay sales record - though I don't think it will be played on the radio very much (including rock stations). Hoping to be wrong though. :)

Regarding the lyric video I think it was horribly bad. The videos from LT was awesome, and now this? As a graphical designer it hurts, haha.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Haha, well that should give you an idea about my knowledge in electronic music. :p
    I hardly listen to electronic stuff, unless the lyrics are good.

Rock stations would play em. Other stations, maybe. Depends on how mainstream the song is. If it's something like Burn It Down, it would get more radio play.

I think they tried to keep this album cycle more simple, in terms of stuff like lyric videos, puzzles and style? Like, the effects used for LT's lyric videos and even the puzzles were more advanced. Here, the band already revealed the name of the album in a very simple and straightforward way. Think they want people to concentrate more on the music this time and less on the other stuff.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Hate to break it to you kid, but techno is EDM.

EDM encompasses Electronic Dance Music. Techno is electronic dance music. Dubstep is electronic dance music. Trance is electronic dance music. Here's what you just said but swapping out equivalent genres:

Not to be a douche, but Gangsta Rap is not the flavor of the year(s), but Hip-Hop is. Before that, Crunk was FOTY. Gangsta Rap is long way gone (disappeared at the end of the 90's (?)).

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That's actually incorrect. The album debuted at #16 with 50,000 units sold in the first week (this was back when albums still sold millions). Through the help of "In The End" and other big singles, it rose up to #2 within the year selling 4.8 million in 2001, which made it the best selling album of that year.

snowblue

Okay, you got a point. I apologize (to the one I corrected). I've got one follow-up question now: How do you define the modern EDM that plays all the time on the radio? For example Avicii. House?

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Avicii blends and dabbles in different genres. He's got elements of house and trance, but his most well-known track borders on folktronica.

snowblue

Thanks. Avicii was a bad example but I get what you mean. There truly are too many names for genres, hard to tell the difference if you are not extremely into the genre itself.

Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

Oh yes.. yes. yesss.. and more yes. And more yes.. and still listening (First time) and still yes (2:15).

I'll update this post when done listening.

(update)
    And now I feel the circle is complete obi wan. Heavily looking forward to this album far more than ATS & LT.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

"Modern" dance music is split into sub-genres like any other current genre. I can't tell the difference between certain variants of metal, for example, and I absolutely don't pretend that I can.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

There's still a huge amount of the community bitching about Linkin Park not staying true to their "old" sound.

DchazzyP

DchazzyP Active Member

I love GATS already!!
    I've seen a lot of people, especially on YouTube, commenting on how they miss the "old LP" or want LP back.. As I have pointed out to people so many times that theirs no such thing as "old LP" yes.. They've changed, only because they had to and they had no choice, they had to do more experimenting after meteora. Because, let's face it! As much as I and everyone love HT and Meteora, we wouldn't want to hear another one of either of the two.. That's not what LP is all about.. Hence by the name of Hybrid Theory.. Hybrid means: making new things, or making new things out of old, LP will always strive for something new and innovative, and they are damn right fantastic at doing so!
    Yes, ATS, and LT sounded very different from the three previous albums, They love experimenting and creating new sounds.. Not many bands are capable of that and pulling it off at the same time.. So just please (if only the majority of LP fans like myself can read this)
    I have been a fan since my Dad bought me Hybrid Theory when I was 10 years old, I have loved every single album since, reanimation and collision course included! Right the way till now.. And this album.. I cant wait, peeing my pants! .. Oh and their LPU stuff is just amazing!
    Sorry if I offended anyones judgements or opinions but I'm just trying to put sense into all of this..

Again, sorry if I offended anyone

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    minuteforce

BRO WTF you realise that we basically eat, sleep and breathe OLD LP here, right? :mad: everyone on LPA knows that METEORA is LPs best album, period

you won't last long around here bashing OLD LP like that

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Fight! Fight! Fight!

kiss, kiss, kiss.

Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

[video=youtube;8X_Ot0k4XJc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_Ot0k4XJc[/video]

DchazzyP

DchazzyP Active Member

I wasn't bashing "old LP" I'm saying theirs no such thing as the term "old LP" people use, because they can't seem to accept the fact LP have changed.. I fucking love HT and Meteor a too bits.. As like every album

Sorry you misread my post, or I should of explained better

minuteforce

Good.

DchazzyP

DchazzyP Active Member

And to be honest, its not about what album is the best. Some people are different.. For instance, Minutes To Midnight is my favourite album, some peoples favourite is ATS.. All I was wanting was a few people to agree with me that YouTube is so fucked up with people misleading what LP are trying to do..

And that is not a personal attack on you minuteforce

minuteforce

I'd better stop this before it goes too far ...

:trollface:

EDIT: that did not work. I guess I'll just keep it going

DchazzyP

DchazzyP Active Member

Lmao!
    It was nothing personal bro.. Just different people with different opinions I guess :)

20. minuteforce

its not cool for you to have a different opinion than me, just FYI

NEW LP SUX, no-one wants crappy techno, END OF STORY!