Would anyone else like some more positive songs like The Messenger?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Delicious Dave, Mar 10, 2014.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

's fine. Everyone has different reasons as to why they're a fan. And they're not all related to LP's beginnings. Bands get new fans all the time, it's a thing that happens. And even then-- Minus joined in 2003. He was around when Meteora was a thing. People's opinions about music like this aren't really set in stone either. For instance, I've grown out of the angsty nature of their first two albums to the point where I consider their lyrics incredibly cringeworthy. But I'm still a fan. It helps that the band has shown a lot of maturity in their evolution.

And I may have jumped the gun on my responses because I've seen so many butthurt people respond in a hostile manner towards Minus's particular way of presentation in regards to his views on Meteora. And honestly, "I don't understand how you can call yourself a fan" is not really a good way of getting your point across without coming across as a little butthurt.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Well, everyone's experiences with LP albums are a bit different; that makes it a matter of perspective.

What's also a matter of perspective is looking back at "Meteora" today, along with the rest of LP's past releases.

SKaRR*oKi

SKaRR*oKi Everything.Falls.Apart

That was my point. I wasn't on the sight but I was around listening to Linkin Park before Meteora like minus. If I didn't like Meteora I wouldn't be a fan now cos I would never have bothered to listen to LP after they released an album I didn't like. It would mean sticking around for 4 years for MTM.

This isn't me being elitist or telling people they aren't fans I just wrote what I was thinking

SKaRR*oKi

Out of curiosity, what did you think of Meteora when it was released? Looking back to any time before Minutes To Midnight was released

minuteforce

Some people (in this community, maybe) would tell you they'd still be Linkin Park fans, or would at least like the band more than they do, if they hadn't put out "Meteora". Things is, given the right perspective(s), you could say that about every LP album. Everyone fan has a least-favourite album.

SKaRR*oKi

I should probably answer the OP now :p and say that I think when LP does release a positive song like Roads Untravelled, it tends to be a rare part of the album and is a welcome break from the other songs. If they started doing more positive songs I feel they would detract from each other. Anything too close to happy-clappy music can get tiresome quickly, the more positive songs they release now have real longevity

minuteforce

I agree. "Roads" is in my top-ten favourites from the band.

Some might call the band's more optimistic lyrics a little preachy or over-the-top and maybe that's a discussion worth having