Mike Shinoda teases another guest feature

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Mar 12, 2014.

1. polarbear20

polarbear20 New Member

I don't say a whole lot on here, usually just browse the forums. But, did anyone else see that Mike posted a Helmet playlist on Spotify today? Wonder if, perhaps, that is the inspiration for the guitar sound on the new album?

2. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Christ, this is why I get called pretentious. You wanna know why everybody's raving about Rakim? Because even on his worst verses, Rakim will have more advanced rhyme schemes, a more resolute flow, and a downright anal fixation on meter that Mike has never possessed and I'm saying this as someone who will freely admit to Mike being my biggest influence as a rapper. This is like saying to hell with somehow getting Slash or Tom Morello to contribute a solo, I'd rather just have Brad doing the same shit he was doing in Faint's live outro that everyone was calling garbage a couple weeks ago.

3. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Shit, now I want a Tom Morello collaboration. That would be fucking EPIC.

4. Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

I would really love a Metallica collaboration on a Song or two but never going to happen.

Or even led Zepplin :bradwink:

5. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

So it is Jay-z?
    Must say i am kinda disappointing, not a big fan of his music - or influence on the last collaboration.

6. Maars

Maars Well-Known Member

No one knows yet.

7. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Well I'd love it

8. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Back in october or november, Mike posted a playlist called "Yelling over guitars" on spotify, with a lot of artists he has mentioned recently as inspirations behind the album : At The Drive In, Refused, Inside Out, Helmet, Gorilla Biscuits,... And also, artists such as SOAD, Gallows, Gojira, Thrice, Propagandhi, Strife, or The Bronx.

Seeing Mike recent interviews, I think it's safe to assume this playlist, among other things, has probably been a major influence behind next record.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  9. Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

That would be indeed over the top epic!

10. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

Brandon Boyd? LP and Incubus have a connection so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. And I believe Incubus are in hiatus so it could work. My dream collaboration would be with LP and NIN, but I don't think Reznor would do it. Maybe Mike is bullshitting us all and maybe this guest is his dog or something.

11. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

The new guest is probably a goat you guys. They need to get those live screams. See, there will be some screaming on this album.

12. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Can't be disappointed when we haven't been told who the collaborator is yet. :sleep:

13. Reflectionist

Reflectionist Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Huh?

14. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

The guest feature is obviously LPGoat.

15. SuperSaiyan4Kev

SuperSaiyan4Kev Well-Known Member

why such a big "no"?

Apparently....you've never experienced her LIVE. She's fucking incredible.

16. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Anyone wonder about B.o.B? I remember he was interested with working with LP about a year or two ago, but they never said anything. I'm actually hoping for a non-rapper, unless the result works as well as Rakim's verse over a song that is a breath of fresh air like GATS.

Jay-Z is a possibility, but nothing new yet. Joe posted a comment on his picture at the Jay-Z concert saying he would be in LA tomorrow. Not going to speculate unless there are more hints of it. What I would like to see in this case is what was originally planned for Collision Course: a freestyle/new song for both.

Of course, I'd welcome a rock collaborator, maybe even someone other than a singer. Leto is out of question, and Eminem is very unlikely if he doesn't record outside of Detroit. Maybe a piano player, something very composed, like Matthew Bellamy of Muse's piano playing on Butterflies and Hurricanes. Or Mike Garson's piano on Nine Inch Nails' Just Like You Imagined.

17. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I think B.o.B. wouldn't be far fetched. It could work good as well depending on the type of verse B.o.B. does

18. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Speaking of B.o.B. this is pretty cool lol

[video=youtube;NhOc2yWM3Hs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhOc2yWM3Hs[/video]

19. MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

Mike posted a tweet saying he outsource some sound from this album, maybe he won't just have guests but also include fans or LPU members as well, I'd love to see that.

20. snowblue

snowblue You know the blue snow?

Personally, I would LOVE a female singer. Maria Brink from In This Moment would be, indescribable good. Amy Lee, Taylor Momsen or Lzzy Hale would be awesome as well.

A Eminem and LP collab have I always wanted though. The two best bands/artists out there today.