Your album of the day [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by lime treacle, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First time listinng to Iowa in it's entire. Shit, this album is dark. Corey Taylor was fucking angry as hell at this point in his life.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  2. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

It doesnt matter how heavy my taste gets, that is the darkest album i've ever heard.

4. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

[thumb]http://thelowdownunder.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/BLOOD-SUGAR-SEX-MAGIK1.jpg[/thumb][thumb]http://www.subeimagenes.com/img/system-of-a-down-toxicity-front-www-freecovers-net-26829.jpg[/thumb]
    [thumb]http://cdn2.pitchfork.com/news/53333/402b3c88.jpg[/thumb][thumb]http://www.theattackzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Temple-of-the-Dog2.jpg[/thumb]
    [thumb]http://www.theattackzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Back-in-Black2.jpg[/thumb][thumb]http://www.shopradiocast.com/product_images/y/340/smashing__89151_zoom.jpg[/thumb]

5. Gibs

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thrash Metal's finest.

6. lime treacle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

1990-cowboys-from-hell.jpg

8. Gibs

9. Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

Yeah me too. I havent even heard their albums from the pre Anselmo era.

10. Gibs

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  11. lime treacle

[​IMG]

12. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I like to pretend that hair metal in general never existed, let alone that Pantera took part in it.

13. lime treacle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll really just ramble about this band a bit now. This is my second favorite band.
    Placebo were introduced to the public eye with the release of their self-titled debut, a very raw, guitar-centric album marked by Molko's high-pitched vocals and lyrics regarding sex and drugs (a song called "Nancy Boy" being the biggest hit).
    Placebo have had two great changes of sound, and each occured with the departure and replacement of their then-current drummer.
    Without You I'm Nothing, released in 1998, was the first one to feature drummer Steve Hewitt. Despite only being released two years following their debut, the album offered a much greater soundscape, as well as a more of an electronic-tinged twist with the inclusion of keyboards. This album, in my opinion, began what I think of when I think of Placebo – a band of dark, abstract, catchy and polarizing music.
    Black Market Music followed two years later with a darker approach and an uglier, filthier sound, as its own name suggests.
    Sleeping with Ghosts was released in 2003 and perfected the sound introduced with WYIN. The catchiest yet, it simultaneously lost zero points on integrity, combining the beauty of the second and the ugliness of the third album. Despite not being my favorite, I regard it as the album by Placebo for the reason stated. Some of the band's biggest hits, such as "The Bitter End" and "Special Needs", come from this album. I find the sound of these albums, the second, the third and the fourth, the core sound of Placebo.
    Meds followed in 2006 and, even though it continued on this sound, it somehow fails to join these three in my opinion. I don't know why, but it appears a very pale color when I think of it, unlike the previous three. Yet this is my favorite album by them, very guitar-driven, and very, very dark.
    The second big change in sound occured with their next album, Battle for the Sun, released in 2009, with Steve Forrest as the drummer, Hewitt having departed from the band in 2007 (the Projekt Revoluition tour being his last). According to singer Brian Molko, the darkness of Meds was very influential to the making of this record, as it made him want to do the exact opposite on the band's next effort (as evidenced by the album title). This resulted with a much cleaner-sounding band, refreshed, but in my opinion, and the opinion of many others – vastly different. Sonic expermentations such as incorporating brass were undertaken. This split the band's fans. I should note that, while sounding much less darker than their previous albums, this record still sustains a considerable amount of darkness, especially in the lyrics. This was also my first Placebo album.
    Loud Like Love was released in late summer of last year and offered Placebo doing pretty much everything. It was still the band that made Battle for the Sun, but also the band that made their first five albums. I don't like the final two tracks on the album very much, which actually causes this album to be one of my least favorite by Placebo (probably because when I listen to music I listen to albums from start to finish and it's tiring for me to listen to two tracks in a row I don't like, especially since they end the record – meaning there's nothing to bring the experience back up after them either. Plus, there isn't really a song on any of the other albums that I actually dislike).

:leo:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  14. Gibs

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

behemoth-the_satanist.jpg

Ever since the show. So amazing.

16. lime treacle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] (Currently on here.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

[​IMG]

18. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

[​IMG]

Good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. lime treacle

^:lol: That GIF is wicked.

20. Gibs

[​IMG][​IMG]

William DuVall is so vastly underused, oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.