Possible Album/Song Titles Revealed During MSR Studio Listening Party

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Apr 8, 2014.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You can't possibly be serious. Please tell me you're some elaborate troll and are playing a joke on us all. Because if you haven't googled Rob Cavallo and don't know his contributions to rock music, then you're seriously a fool. Look up his production credits, and see how many rock albums he's been a part of (that you probably listen to and enjoy).

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

How about working with Black Sabbath (a band credited for influencing NUMEROUS metal artists)? Or his work on Green Day's Dookie/many of their projects that followed? Yeah, maybe you should check out his entire work, instead of one...lousy...song. Heck...Linkin Park have had a terrible song or two in their career (Somewhere I Belong), it doesn't mean their entire work should be judged by that.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Alanis Morissette’s “Uninvited”
    Goo Goo Doll’s “Iris”
    My Chemical Romance’s "The Black Parade"
    Green Day’s Dookie, American Idiot, Nimrod, Bullet in a Bible, and Warning
    Eric Clapton’s “Blue Eyes Blue”

ChazyChaz92

ChazyChaz92 Well-Known Member

Trust me, one or two songs are a little bit softer than the rest of the album. Wait for the Transformers 4 song dudes.

And trust me, Until It's Gone will be an interlude with playtime 14 seconds. :kappa:

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

There we go. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Cavallo_production_discography

The irony of sourcing Wiki lol.

EDIT: Minus beat me to it.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Note to self: Do not waste time on replying daft posts again.

Minus

With the way you're bitching it sounds like you were the main lyricist for Meteora. Whine about your pain and being ignored some more, kthx.

Yurieff

Yurieff Meow. :3

Am I the only one who actually loves the song titles? Not that titles matters at all, but they sound amazing to me.

Usually I get super excited among the pre-album period, but this time I'm kind of worried how the whole thing will turn out to be. While I'm neutral about Paige Hamilton, I think that there's something unique in Daron Malakian's voice and if he is contributing vocals for 'Rebellion' it will be something amazing for sure. However, I hope the album as whole will sound differently from GATS. It's been a single month, and this song already feels old to me.. I kind of lost interest in it too fast.. which is something bad and unusual.

This album will either be legendary or a huge step backwards. I feel like there is no chance that The Hunting Party will be and 'okay' album. Either a 10/10 or a 3/10. Time will tell. :)

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

"Decode" by Paramore is an amazing song.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

The Goo Goo Dolls are one of the biggest names to come out of the '90's. They have many great songs, 14 top-ten hits, and got their name from a True Detective toy ad. Don't be so negative to things you are obviously ignorant to.

Giorgos [Blind View]

Giorgos [Blind View] blah

plot twist: "Rebellion (feat. Daron Malakian)" is a 20" interlude track. Daron plays only the drums on it.
    vive-daron-vip-blog-com-70449darondrummer296.jpg

Minus

Honestly I'd prefer this. I have more trust in Rob's drumming skills when doing shit live than Brad's guitar-playing skills. Brad would fuck up a Malakian guitar part. Rob would kill a Malakian drum part.

Giorgos [Blind View]

I think Brad can do that. Daron's riffs are not that difficult to play, they are really catchy and awesome-sounding. Well, if Daron writes a solo like the one in Lonely Day, then I guess he should come and play it himself!

I really hope he throws some riffs and sings too. A LP+Malakian collab was maybe my biggest musical dream. I still can't believe it's happening.

Minus

I think you're overestimating Brad's ability to play guitar, but that's just me.

Giorgos [Blind View]

Maybe you 're right. Brad's guitar skills are a big mystery to me. I always thought that he never wants to show off, but his live guitar solos are a bit weird.

Minus

How dare you be reasonable about a topic of discussion.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Sounds good, but I'm always hesitant to believe anything based on unmixed cuts. They can change a lot from beginning to end and one minor tweek could completely take out what should be the highlight of a song. Like that Owen Pallett contribution to I'll be Gone that nobody heard.

EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

Everything you guys are talking about on here gets me really excited (yes, even some of the album titles). I just don't know how much stock to put into a guy's writing that gives me the impression he likes to say 'brah' a lot while downing Mountain Dew and eating Doritos because Extreme. Sorry if this sounds harsh. It might be the Comic Sans font or just the way he writes. Everything he says might be valid but it just comes across like "ZOMG THIS ALBUM WILL ROCK SUPER HARD AND MELT YOUR BALLS OFF RAWK IS BACK."

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Awww fuck, I was totally gonna link Derek and Andreina to the forum rules and tell them double posting is against LPA's policy, then I realized posts have been deleted. :(

Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

A lot of people seem more skeptical than usual about this album. I, for one, am fucking stoked. Song titles sound good(except Until It's Gone) but of course those aren't indications of the song quality at all. Be a bit more optimistic guys!