Linkin Park Announce The Hunting Party + June 17 Release Date

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Apr 9, 2014.

1. merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

People just don't seem to understand, the art is not meant as a standalone piece it's meant to support the music. The music will define the art, those people who say that colors or the image doesn't evoke what the band intend are just arrogantly jumping to conclusions, news flash everyone if the music is as the band have described than this album cover will forever evoke that emotion and feeling plain and simple. "Dark Side of the Moon" isn't a famous or revered cover just based on the album cover art, it's first and foremost due to the actual music, without the masterful songs to the artwork it would mean nothing. To judge the art without letting the music define it is just rude, if that offends people then imagine how you'd feel if your vision was being critiqued/judged without the music which is the most essential part of their vision.

2. Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

True.

This argument got over a long time ago, no?

3. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Surprised the band hasn't changed the Carnivorous Tour thingy from their homepage to this new album's artwork. They would have done that usually by now.

4. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

The art and its concept is actually great.
    I just don't like the "technique". Maybe I'm just tired of whitish covers, and this one particularly is nothing really new.
    It's an alternate version of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNv5g_9EliQ
    Look at the Carnivores Tour poster, where the concept is the same, but the technique and colors are extremely badass and fitting the entire ideology Mike has been trying to pass about the music being more carnivore and visceral. The album name itself screams "blood", "war" and there's even a song called "Rebellion".

We're not saying the art is shit, we're just saying it could be better (and judging by the Carnivores Tour poster, way better).

5. master360

master360 Well-Known Member

29 april= pre order on iTunes with the complete tracklist (plus a instant download of a new song if you pre order) u.u

6. merrillmind

I understand the appeal of the carnivores tour take on the art that was released prior to the album art but with the new color scheme and dimensional impact of the album cover art released yesterday the band is choosing to avoid the typical color pallete associated with "what most people would think should be the color pallete" if the album kicks ass then the cold colors and that image are now apart of that mindset when it comes to the feel of the music, it's very forward thinking by the band and refreshing to avoid a simple cliche color clearly.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  7. Jovertop

Jovertop Well-Known Member

pretty cool :eek: source?

8. merrillmind

This for real? If so that's soon, wonder if we'll get a nice deluxe version option with a large artwork book, vinyl record or making of album DVD?

9. Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

There's no source. He's just guessing.

10. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

You don't like the drawing technique? What is that even supposed to mean?
    Oh and that(like most of LT artwork) were made of 3D motives and figures on a computer. The only similarities between this and the album cover is the colours, so if you have to complain at least be reasonable.

And about the last comment, everything can always be better. That is not a way to measure art.
    The only way to judge this is on its own right now, because we haven't heard the actual album yet, so the feelings the art is supposed to evoke isn't clear yet.
    I personally think they took this clean Black/White/Blue colour scheme because it will fit nicely next to the other albums.
    I like how it isn't just the cliche-ish Red/black/white that most heavier albums lean towards

11. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

12. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

Did you by any chance have looked at the album cover? I keep seeing 3D motives and figures made on a computer… And that's what I wanna mean saying the technique is nothing really new.

13. RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

I feel like this should be the motto of the LPA!

14. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I am 99,99% sure this is drawn(at least originally) - Probably in a PC program, some people are really good at that.
    The Living Things album cover was a edited picture of Chester with a lot of white particles around him.
    I don't find them similar at all :) [video=youtube;UIe4Xd5-LVo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIe4Xd5-LVo&list=PLC8B88958B81AB3E1[/video]
    But then again it is all just opinions

15. RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

I'd be damned if the artwork for The Hunting Party was actually hand drawn! It looks way to 3D-ish to be traditional art! If anything, it probably is a 3D model, but likely based off an original drawing, most likely the one on the "Guilty All the Same" artwork and the Carnivores Tour Poster (which I have as my avatar at the moment). That one's hand-drawn, no doubt!

16. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

All of em.

1. Just guessing.
    2. Deluxe? Yes, you will be able to pay twice as much to get a recording of Numb live in 2004.
    3. Vinyl? Eventually.
    4. Making of? Yes.

17. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, it's just a complete guess derived from this press sheet that lists the embargo as April 29th.

[thumb]http://i.imgur.com/LoOp3VM.jpg[/thumb]

Means absolutely nothing in regards to when pre-orders go live. At all. Master360 is probably also getting at "Until It's Gone" being the "instant download of a new song" because it's the only other track mixed and mastered. So yep, move along, just another completely unfounded and unsourced drive-by post from a random member.

18. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

No it's not an insult and it never will. Everyone has their right to say if they like the art ot not. I like the art but that's not gonna stop me of playing with it.

What IS wrong though, is thinking that the everything the band does is holy and they can't do no wrong.

19. merrillmind

THIS

Also I'm not saying "everything the band does is sacred" but to almost instantly see a bunch of people take time out to "improve" a well thought out design, that is the album cover ( get over it naysayers ) is rude, any artist would tell you that.
    Why does everyone feel that in this day and age an artist work needs improving? Like so many samples remixes of songs out their today that make up a majority of all of sound clouds music. I mean seriously nobody wants a billion remixes of a song either like it or don't like it, but to see so much music from every genre in this day age constantly re-worked is embarrassing, so to see the same thing done with album art is just ridiculous, when MTM had the album cover reveal there weren't instantly a bunch of arrogant re-designs of a picture that the band chose, people used to accept an artists vision, like it? No not always but accept it, and the lack of acceptance is one the most disappointing aspects to the culture of all modern music.

20. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Welcome to the 21st Century and Technology. DEAL WITH IT.