Early Preview of Linkin Park's The Hunting Party via Loudwire

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 10, 2014.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Listen to: Given up and Guilty all the same(reminds me of Sum 41 in some parts)

ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

Yeah, GOTS def reminds me of SUM 41, especially their newer stuff.

As for Given Up, it was alright. Didn't like MTM all that much.

But seriously, I'm def buying this album. I really want to hear that song with Daron.

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

QWERTY would be another example of a punk-influenced LP song.

ToTheCitadel

The studio version, definitely.

The original live version reminds me more of something from Meteora.

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

All the descriptions sound cool to me. :)

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

I don't even know how to respond. I'm well aware that previews in the past have kind come nowhere close to how I've personally viewed some of LP's songs, but I'm excited for this. The hype is building up big time. It really sounds like, more so in how Mike is talking, how LP are giving the old school fans what they've always wanted. Whether that was intentional or not. Keys to the Kingdom sounds like it could be something like Wretches and Kings, or more so maybe Lies Greed Misery.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

[​IMG]

MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

Don't know if I should be concerned that there's no screaming mentioned in any of these descriptions. How can you have such heavy LP songs and not complement that energetic and aggressive instrumentation with screaming?

I can understand that Chester has grown up and he doesn't feel like screaming much anymore, but I was so happy with "Victimized" from LT and I hope there are songs on this upcoming album that can match or surpass the vocal intensity exhibited in that song.

Mateo

Mateo Name is Mateo. I tend to Over Think It.

he didn't mean not buying the album, he meant not buying the review. He doesn't believe what the review said.

ToTheCitadel

No, I meant "not buying the album"

But it was a joke post - I will be buying the album. I just don't like punk rock that much... or at all.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I know. I was having fun with his play on words. :bradwink:

Mateo

Well I feel like an idiot. whoops. Punk rock makes the world go round silly goose. Just not most of it..

ToTheCitadel

Haha, don't overthink it bud. Unfortunately it's hard to distinguish sarcasm with text, especially on the web. :p

EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

I feel like Until It Gone will sound something like Leave Out All The Rest or I'll Be Gone (no not because of the title). Soft with a big chorus, electronic rock ready for radio, yadda yadda

Mateo

I honestly don't get the soft vibe from the description, it seems slower paced. Like someone said before, something like IMR.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I was gonna say I'LL BE GONE because of the description saying it had a softer melody and described the track as atmospheric. I get that type of vibe from I'LL BE GONE.

Another thing I thought was interesting is that there has been no mention of Chester screaming on any of the tracks. Seems like he'll be using a more agressive tone like that which is heard on the Chorus for GATS. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling this album will in fact have little to no screaming.

"The chorus is catchy yet sludgy and has some grit to it" - Wastelands of Today
    "Bennington brings you back down to earth as he belts out their take on a familiar chorus" - All For Nothing

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about the screams. First, songs descriptions don't always mention it, even if it's there. If I recall correctly, I think some reviews of Victimized didn't said anything about Chester vocals. Second, Chester has said in at least one interview during the process that he had been screaming his brain out on some new tracks (even though it might have changed since then). And third, it's true an heavy record without it would feel quite incomplete, as everybody would think "But...it could have been even more intense!".

Not to say the album will be full of it. But I would be surprised, and a little disappointed, if they are totally absent.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

Though this self produced album sounds like its going to be one of LP'S most aggressive piece of material there is still an indication from the previous article that they want to make a bit of money off this record and without these songs making it to rock radio's they are soley relying on GATS to give the impression that this album is like a "prequel to hybrid theory". When the album comes out sales are going to be one of the most interesting factors because with every single album LP has made there is always a song they intend to use for commercial purposes. Speaking of which, the transformers song LP is making with Steve Aoki is more than likely going to be on Aoki's album therefore we are gonna get a full album of songs + a song featuring linkin park.

(assuming that's the case) HYPE TRAIN IS TRAVELING LIGHT SPEED NOW :awesome:

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

You do know that was an April Fool's joke......right....? >.>

:pbthh:

linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

LP doing TF4 song with Aoki? Please NO.