What would like to hear on The Hunting Party? And what wouldn't you like to hear?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Clever Name, Apr 25, 2014.

Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd like an all balls out record with speedy riffs, fast rapping, and to mix it up maybe even some growling from Chester? Or even breakdowns? These are only some of the few things i'd like to hear on this album. I'd love to listen to a song that makes me want to go ''DAMN, THAT WAS INSANE'' something i'd never expect Linkin Park to do, something that just keeps me wanting more and more.

On the next album, the only things I wouldn't like to hear is slow, mellow/ballad type songs. I mean don't get me wrong, I love WFTE, The Messenger, Robot Boy and all the songs alike, and I feel as if Linkin Park should step away from those kind of songs on this record, as the sound gets really stale and boring IMO.

So yeah, what would you guys like to hear and what wouldn't you like to hear? I'd love to see see your thoughts and opinions. :awesome:

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I wanna hear a dragonball Z battle cry from Phoenix.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I'll try not to have too many expectations for what I want to hear. However, I would definitely like more complex guitar structures, new lyrical themes from Chester and Mike (different subjects that the band hasn't covered), great sampling and scratching from Mr. Hahn, and somewhat unstructured or nontraditional song structures for freshness and variety.

Edit: What I'm not too keen on hearing are electronically-driven songs, as we've had more than enough of those in the last two albums. It's time for more organic instrumentation and less "sound effects". This doesn't mean that I don't what to hear background layers, though. I know from listening to all the albums that this is one of LP's defining (and maybe one of their best) traits as a band.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

^ These x 100.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I was actually thinking about this earlier today, except just in terms of Mike. It seems unfair that the creative force behind the band is getting these expectations from me, but I feel like they're fair.

At first, I was worried that this record would have minimal verses from Mike in terms of rapping because the focus was going to be on making a heavy album. However, articles reviewing demos of the songs have said that Mike is rapping on a few tracks, so I'm glad to hear that. But, I'm also skeptical. I really don't want more cheesy, cliche, uninspired verses from Mike. Personally, I really loved the persona he took on his Recharged verses; now that shit was visceral (at least for Mike). He's proven he can create more complex flows, but the raps on LIVING THINGS seem to give off the same stigma that perpetuates the entire album: uninspired. I'd love to hear a song with cohesive verses with a more specific focus, rather than throwing in a bunch of pronouns and Linkin Park buzz words.

I guess these are hopes more than expectations, but with all this talk of visceral music and the attitude the band has taken lately, I sincerely believe Mike has something to prove this time around.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'd rather he provided less rapping. I like "Midnight" and "A Thousand Suns" partly because I feel like they contain just the right amount.

EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

I don't want much screaming on this record. The band likes to be unpredictable so for their heaviest album yet it would be cool if the music does the heavy and not a cheesy scream. I want Mike's rapping to be top notch. He sounded like he thought he was cool or something on Recharged but it just came out kind of dorky at times. Like that old Meteora flow. Awful.

BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

I'm on the other side of the fence, I think if this album follows through with what's been said, Chester has the ability to scream as heavily as he ever has (maybe even throw in a growl!)
    I listen to a lot of heavy music and I still consider Chester one of the most talented and powerful screamers alive, so I think it's important that he showcases this on a heavy album.
    Guilty All The Same lacked that little bit of extra punch for me and I think Chester screaming over some parts would've made it better.
    but hey, each to their own :)

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

As mentioned as being heavy in terms of instrumentation, being LOUD and VISCERAL. I like the idea of going into more ATS-like kind of attitude. As a band seems so unpredictable, yeah! like, imagine how they threw out the early demos prior in recording this album just to give room for something loud and guitar-driven perspective.. First thing came to my mind after the released of RECHARGED that they would go to indie route type of music because of what Mike mentioned previously.. Still, I have low expectations for this album but i have faith in LP that they can pull it off. I like to hear what they've threw on LPU XIII like Primo & Holding Company which have their own merits and potential to be good (if not better) when its done due to its complexity and atmospheric layers. Its okay to have interludes, I guess but we'll see when the record drops this June. As for Guilty All the Same, I hope they could include an alternate vocal take from Mike Shinoda instead of Rakim..

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Double bass from Rob please.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

- memorable guitar riffs
    - tribal drums

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Creativity.

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

I want an Evanescence esque piano metal track.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I'm not trying to say Mike needs to rap more, I just want top-notch verses when he does decide to spit.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Part of the reason I like ATS is that it doesn't have too much rapping, and when it does, the whole song is just RAP. And that would make me really happy.

MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

I would like to hear a bit of screaming with some aggressive lyrics, and some really energetic and hard-hitting tracks. Personally, I really liked "Victimized" , it had such a great flow to it, the chorus crashes in after each verse and the lyrics show the song packs a good punch. Though Chester has said there will surely be some more mellow tracks on there, maybe just a couple, since the album can apparently be so energetic that it would be "exhausting" to listen to a whole album full of electrifying guitar riffs and strong pounding drums.

I'm also really hoping that Mike does something new and unexpected with his rapping, which seems likely since having Rakim in the studio motivated him to do better.

One thing I miss in LP songs is when Mike and Chester sing together taking turns, like in Meteora with "Hit The Floor", "Lying From You", "Figure 09." , or even from HT with the bridge in "By Myself" :D

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

I've always loved how in the bridges of Figure.09 and By Myself Mike would rap a line with Chester screaming the last word of it. That on a song or two would be sweet and more scratching would definitely be welcome.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Oh yes.

EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

Yeah this would be pretty cool to see again. At least once more.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

THE RETURN OF NU METALZ.