Chester Bennington interviewed by 3 News

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Apr 29, 2014.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Kind of ironic if you ask me. :disgust:

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Hahaha, aint it though? Me complaining about lyrics only to favor the LP album widely regarded by most as the one with the weakest lyrics. Meteora might be weak on lyrics, but at least it doesn't have that "hard" attitude that Mike has had the past few albums. That's my sole reason why I don't like some of Mike verses on the past few albums, Mike is a multi-millionaire man in his late thirties who went to art school, is extremely friendly, married with kids, and is a part of one the biggest bands of today, but he's not a 5-star general infantry controller like he claims.

minuteforce

I think that the mix of anger and competence that permeates his verses on songs like "When They Come For Me" and "Until It Breaks" works great. No band of Linkin Park's stature can say that they have a rapper that's better than Shinoda and, to me, and there's a vindictiveness when he says that which I can connect to. Lastly, in the first verse of "When They Come For Me", he puts the fans on blast, which I think is fantastic. :)

I understand why you might be turned off my the ... dissonance between how he comes off in interviews and whatnot as opposed to the vibe he gives off in his lyrics. I have that kind of issue with other artists that I listen to

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

lmao LP fans can be real cunts.

minuteforce

Impossible. :kappa:

hawk

aha. but seriously, i don't see any other kind of music fans get so worked about shit that doesn't even matter, like seriously how gives af?

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I really like the tone he had in Lost In The Echo, I would like to see more of that from him again. I also can't be too harsh on Mike. I criticize his verses and call some of them cheesy, but I'd damned if I said I didn't enjoy listening to them even through all the cheesyness.

But....but I'm not a cunt! I'm just a guy with.... opinions. Unpopular ones at that.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I always fall asleep to music. This week has been LT

BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

It's all good dude, when a band like Linkin Park makes diverse music in every album, their fan-base is bound to be split on some things!

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

FTFY

hawk

just share your opinion and bail dude. best way to do it. if you're having an intellectual conversation about it and shit then that's chill but if it becomes an argument/debate then they're no longer 'opinions'.

IllogicalSystem

IllogicalSystem Electronic

Yeah. I agree.

People are free to express their opinions, but if someone is ganging up on you because you have the 'unpopular' one, then just bail because they are obviously not in it for the conversation and only in it to treat you like trash. But I also kinda think outright saying something with only the context of pissing others off is a lot worse.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Godshitfuckdamnit he's a rapper and that's how they rap. Metaphors motherfucker, do you speak it?!

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

How about ''I'm a 5 star husband little kid controller!''? :kappa:

Zachary

Zachary Banned

Yup.

NotEnoughYetTooMuch

NotEnoughYetTooMuch Well-Known Member

Releasing In The End on a studio album when they know how to write songs as good as Carousel?

Releasing Numb and Runaway after non-studio Dedicated and before Standing in the Middle?

A Light that Never Comes, Burn It Down and then revealing the masterpiece Primo Skin to Bone Demo?

Nope, didn't contribute to 'safety rock' at all

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

I think they just decided to not using any HTEP songs on the album at some point. We know that at least four of the six tracks were further worked on (we have alternate later versions of Carousel, Part of Me, and High Voltage in studio and a different version of And One live) but I just don't think they fit with what the band was doing with the rest of the album and that's why they were dropped.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I think he meant more they were obviously comfortable with a heavier sounding rock, but consciously opted to do a pop flavored song on the album instead. Which can be a pro and a con, depending on how you looking at it.

Zachary

Zachary Banned

Honestly, I wouldn't call LP ''sellouts'' or that they write songs for money. But I would say LP have been very smart in how they present themselves and they're albums.

BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

Anyone that calls LP sellouts doesn't really grasp the concept of a sellout..
    If LP wanted to sacrifice integrity for money, we'd be listening to Hybrid Theory VI right now.