Worst/Least Favourite album LP has put out?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Elaine, Apr 24, 2014.

?

Worst/Least Favourite Album LP Has Put Out?

1. Hybrid Theory

5 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. Meteora

45 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. Minutes to Midnight

19 vote(s)
    15.1%
  4. A Thousand Suns

9 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. LIVING THINGS

48 vote(s)
    38.1%
  1. Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

Interesting enough the %'s thus far are about exactly as I imagined for each one respectfully. They are basically in-line with daily posts, and the opinions in regards to the albums.

2. Stino LPLeaks

Stino LPLeaks Well-Known Member

LIVING THINGS, cause I don't often listen to that album anymore.

3. Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

I'm quite surprised on the outcome here. As of right now Living Things is voted the worst. I don't mind it but than again it's still relevant (somewhat). I just went with what I listen to the least because honestly there are elements to all of the albums that I thoroughly enjoy. btw, I went with Meteora

:)

4. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

The reason I didn't pick HT or Meteora, even though most of the lyrics from those album make me cringe, is because they are a product of their time. For that era it made sense, based on who Linkin Park were as musicians.

The reason I voted for LT is because for 2012 era LP it did NOT make sense for them to be releasing this album, especially on the heel of what I consider their most ambitious record ATS. It was the amalgamation of everything that I now hate about HT/Meteora era LP, with a bit of the modern edge of ATS thrown into the mix. The result was a collection of highly forgettable cookie-cutter/radio-ready songs that did nothing to build on what they'd achieved with ATS.

That album holds a strong nostalgic value to most LP fans.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  5. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Beside the fact that it's a great album.

6. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Meteora sucks balls. Meaty-okra was slightly better

7. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I don't like it at all (sorry to rain on your parade). Just not into the whole nu-metal thing they had with Hybrid Theory and Meteora. And you guys may like it because of the nostalgia value it has (as Agent O mentioned), but I wasn't there when it released; I literally was not a year old yet. So I get absolutely no nostalgia from the album. What I here when I listen to Hybrid Theory is just some nu-metal band. Nothing makes any song (other than In The End and A Place For My Head) stick out.

8. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Nostalgia isn't the only thing that makes HT great to me.

9. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

For me it's part nostalgia and part the fact that its just a fun record.

10. Zachary

Zachary Banned

I pretty much agree with this. I hate pretty much every single nu-metal album ever made except for Hybrid Theory & Meteora for this reason. Very nostalgic for me (I grew up in my teenage years with them) and because they're just fun to play and rock out to sometimes. In no way, shape or form do I think that they are better albums than MTM, ATS or LT. I really hate the whole nu-metal thing and it's weird because the first album I ever bought was ''Significant Other'' by Limp Bizkit and I used to listen to bands like System Of A Down & Disturbed, too. But around 2004-2005 I started hating it and then LP changed in 2007 with MTM and I loved it because I hated nu-metal at that point.

11. Nibali

Nibali Member

Hmm hard to choose between ATS or LT since both are equally lame in all sense, drums, guitars, bass, etc. I say ATS bunch of interludes? A joke!

12. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

And you'd say that "Meteora" and "Hybrid Theory" are superior in terms of drums, guitar and bass parts?

13. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

This thread is depressing :(

Guess I just have a minority opinion

14. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It could be worse. At least your favourite LP album isn't "Living Things" :p

15. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

be proud of that, dude xx

16. Nibali

Nibali Member

I wouldn't say anything. You can say whatever you want. If i dont like ATS or LT doesn't mean i love HT, Meteora or MTM.

17. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Must be why Donald Sterling won't let his girlfriend take pictures with you.

18. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

LIVING THINGS doesn't deserve the most votes, the 2nd half of the album completely saves it from being a bad album.

19. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

But the first half is so damn generic that it really makes it their worst. At least Meteora was consistent in being shitty, if that's a pro at all.

20. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I hear a lot of people saying that but I am actually not sure i agree 100%.
    It was defiantly more interesting/better than the first half but it felt kind of underwhelming in some aspects.

6. Castle Of Glass - Great lyrics on this thing and I really love the melody in the verses. But the only thing changing in this song from start to finish is more or less the dynamic(volume.) --> Repetitive.
    7. Victimized - I have no huge complains about this one, it was one of the coolest songs of the record. The chorus could had been done better IMO.
    8. Road Untraveled - Once again a very great song. The bridge/chorus seemed a little unoriginal since they use the same concept, of having a "choir" singing "ooh" with loud guitars playing powerchords, in Powerless.
    9. Skin to Bone - One of the more "experimental" songs. A welcome change of sound but never really reaches the same highs as other synth heavy songs on ATS Robot Boy/Blackout/The Catalyst.
    10. Until it breaks - This song leaves something to be desired. This was the song I was most excited about when the album was coming out but it really does nothing for me. It sounded so cool on paper but it ends up feeling a little too random(with lack of a better word.) The rap was cool(especially live with WFTE) but not that spectacular. The instrumentals could all have been created in Protools and the song lost its "Wow" factor after a few listens.
    11. 12. Tinfoil/Powerless - Could easily have been one song IMO. Don't dislike it, don't love it. It just ends up feeling a bit generic.

Last edited: May 1, 2014