Until It's Gone to Premiere Monday, May 5th at 7:30PM BST on BBC Radio 1 with Zane Lowe

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, May 2, 2014.

1. leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

lol

Two of the first three posts say the lyrics are great. XD

2. Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

I don't think it will leak before the radio release, because I remember LIESGREEDMISERY didn't leak before

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

4. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

5. Derek

I am actually ashamed of this review. If I remembered my login info for that site, I'd delete it and burn it. What the heck was wrong with me. :lol:

6. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

As if anyone would ever figure out that that's you without you pointing them there

7. Derek

LinkiedTheory was actually my first screename on here, but you're right :lol:.

8. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

LOL. I was the same!
    When Meteora came out, I praised it so much. I wasn't a LP fan but it was such a "cool" thing to do those days since listening to Linkin Park was considered "cool" back then. I remembered my school friends sneaking around and playing Numb all the time in school like as if it made them cool.
    Nowadays they usually get surprised by the fact that I'm a huge LP fan and ask me "You still listen to linkin park!?" and I'll be like "You've no idea what you're missing".

9. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Pretty much my opinion on Meteora when it first came out. Thought it was the best thing ever. Looking back now, yeah........the lyrics aren't so good and can be pretty cringe-worthy at times. Nonetheless, I still have a soft spot for the album and it's why Meteora is my favorite LP album. I had heard some songs from HT before then, but Meteora is what made me a big fan. Listening to Faint while playing Counter-Strike, good times. I really like how much the band has evolved over the years, part of what makes each album cycle so fun is that you don't really know what they're going for until you hear it and it takes you by surprise, for better or for worse that is.

10. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  11. minuteforce

I think most of us here have a soft spot for the album. And a lot of us probably wouldn't be here if we'd hated "Meteora" back then

Personally, I never knew what to say about that album or "Hybrid Theory" either. Had zero opinion outside of "I really love the songs".

12. Delicious Dave

As bad as Meteora seems I still love parts of it. I think Breaking The Habit is genuinely a good song. Faint is fun to listen to.... that's it actually.

13. minuteforce

"Session" is one of my top-ten favourites by the band. :rolleyes: Still the best instrumental on an LP studio album, in my opinion.

14. Arachnids

Arachnids The way out is through...

I actually like Meteora a lot, even though it's probably my least favorite. I feel, if the timeline of their first two albums were to be reversed and Metoera was their first album, it'd be as successful as Hybrid Theory was, and Hybrid Theory would be the album that would be getting the amount of hate Meteora gets here.

15. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Opinions and taste change over time and as you age. I think that's the case for the band and their fans at least. Listening to Meteora as a teen back then was the best thing ever. Now days... not so much. That's why I liked how much they've changed over the years, I guess the right word would be "Matured"? (Minus a few songs). Back then they made songs I wanted to listen to as a teen. Now they make songs I want to listen to as an adult. It if weren't for that then I would've quit listening to the band years ago because I would've "Out grown them", and I think that's the case for most of us here as well.

16. Delicious Dave

I wouldn't put it in my favourites but Session is cool as fuck. I love how crazy the beat gets towards the end.

Also, besides Chester calling it ''Hybrid Theory Part 2''. I'm really curious of what the band thinks of Meteora now

17. Artorious87

Artorious87 How do you like them apples?

They probably would not say that they hate meteora like a lot of people on here say they do which I don't get.

I so understand what you're saying about growing up and how things become different than when we were all teens and how we felt about Meteora at that time. But I don't see or understand why the album would be hated now just because we grew up. I'm different now but I still love the album as much as I did then, not because I still feel the same way, but because that album, those songs are like living memories for that time. So when I hear any of the tracks from Meteora I always get taken back to where I was and how I was feeling and how well I connected with the album then. Why should that be hated now even though we grew? Its takes us back and we should appreciate it, not hate it. Just my opinion.

ALSO I'm new here lol. Been reading and following the LPA since a little before the MIM album dropped and haven't stopped coming here for my LP news since! I love the LPA and appreciate all the work you guys do to keep us fans up to date with our favorite band.

18. Nimz Lp

Nimz Lp niimz94

I Like Somewhere I Belong A Lot! It's One Of My Favorite Linkin Park Track :D

19. RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

Exactly at midnight for India. And I have my exams the very next day!

I'll probably listen to it after the exam, cause once I listen to a new song, I just put it on repeat for hours and end up ruining my whole day's schedule. :nandu: Has happened quite a lot since last month with the new Coldplay tracks.

20. thor

thor Well-Known Member

wasn't Breaking the Habit the song that made them realize they could break out of the nu metal sound?