Until It's Gone to Premiere Monday, May 5th at 7:30PM BST on BBC Radio 1 with Zane Lowe

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, May 2, 2014.

1. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

^ Shadow of The Day isn't really a complex song though. But I guess I see what you mean.

2. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

And that is why Meteora is my favorite LP album.

3. SigmaZero

SigmaZero Well-Known Member

I get so freaking much of this.

4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Pretty much what I hear at work ALL the fucking time :lol:.

5. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Next time someone says this get them to listen to ATS :lol:

6. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

They do, in which they then say:

"Linkin Park only had one good album. Now they're electronic bullshit." :lol:

7. SigmaZero

A couple weeks ago at work, when I mentioned I was going to a Linkin Park concert, everyone was so completely unphased. All I could think was "Really? Nothing? It's Linkin fuckin' Park!" Hahaha!

8. mastae

mastae Some Honky

Usually I start talking about MTM and ATS and their growth and everyone around me nods their head, but I can tell they're thinking "I'm skeptical of what you're telling me."

9. SigmaZero

There is one dude that hated MTM, and didn't want to listen to anymore new stuff from LP. I changed his mind with Blackout. Haha

10. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

You gotta ease them into it. I cram my playlist in the car with EDM with some ATS sprinkled here and there. Pretty much receive the whole " who is this? " question everytime.

Play the songs first, and then let them know who it is. Their minds explode.

11. mastae

mastae Some Honky

This happens EVERY. DAMN. TIME. with When They Come For Me. People jam the fuck out and when I tell them, they're so blown away.

12. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Well, here LP ceased to exist after New Divide. Burn It Down was like a short commercial reborn, altough the opinion I mostly heard on it was "So this is what they have become? Depressing, they used to be good".

That said, I don't really care anyway lol

13. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

It's a no win situation with those people :lol: :sheldon:

Snail, about playing the songs first then telling them, that's a good idea. No one would believe that Robot Boy or When They Come For Me is Linkin Park.

14. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

How are you honestly surprised at that? Aside from their fans every time I see the band mentioned they get shitted on. Not quite Nickelback level of hate, but still pretty hated. The most common I hear are "People still listen to Linkin Park?" "Linkin Park is still a thing?" "Everything after Meteora is horrible, the band sucks now".

15. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

People can be remarkably close-minded when it comes to Linkin Park, such as my roomate. He found out I listen to LP faithfully, and though I was crazy, proclaiming that "they suck," and I tried to explain that they've grown so much, but he refuses to believe me. I know for a fact that he LOVES groups such as Die Antwoord and Death Grips. I'm convinced that it I played tracks like When They Come For Me and Wretches and Kings without telling him it was LP, he would fucking love them.

A lot of my friends from high school friends are typical rock elitists, believing anything but pure rock and metal "suck." These are the same people that believe Meteora to be LP's Magnum Opus. It fucking PISSES me off! :cocainefan:

16. SigmaZero

I don't know why I was surprised. I guess I was hoping there was at least one other fan in the room. Stupid me. Lol

17. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Since I'm in middle school, everyone just tells me I just listen to depression music. But in reality, I'm just the only person who doesn't listen to rap and dubstep. And any time I express my opinion on a song and say that I don't like it, they (other people in my school) immediately say that Linkin Park sucks. They constantly say Linkin Park sucks but it doesn't bother me.

And it's funny when someone hears a Linkin Park (or Coldplay or Thirty Seconds to Mars) song without knowing it's them, they'll say "who is this?" In return I say "Linkin Park." Immediately they're curious and interested face turns into a disgusted scowl.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  18. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Ah, middle school, the time in your life when everyone around you has the shittiest taste in music ever. I'm so glad that now that I'm graduated, and living in a music major dormitory, I'm surrounded my by people with GREAT taste in music, as they are mostly musicians.

What I've noticed is that it seems like middle schoolers nowadays continuously have a degrading taste in music, they've all become mindless zombies, evidence of which I get stories from my 14 year old sister all the time. She's so grateful I've turned her on to some excellent music in the past. It seems all middleschoolers listen to is either Justin Bieber & One Direction, (girls), but not even for the music, just their "hotness" and shitty rap like 2Chainz and Lil' Wayne for the guys. Also, really, REALLY bad club and EDM music, at least for a lot of people I used to go to high school with.

I would fucking hate to be a middle schooler in this day in age.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  19. SigmaZero

My favorite LP albums are HT and ATS. I always loved HT. Honestly, over the years, I actually like it more and more. Just never gets old for me.
    Then there's ATS. It's just so fucking cool. The first time I heard it, I did like it, but I was also like, "what the fuck did i just listen to?" Now that I've had the intial shock, I listen to it a second time. This time I realized, "Whoa. This is the shit! This is fucking cool!"
    I like the other albums too, but those two are my favorite, hands down. I hope THP will blow me away like that. I also hope it's the album I've dreamed of since I heard QWERTY. Haha!

20. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Trust me, it's fucking awful. I'm just so glad I'm not one of those mindless zombies. Not only does everyone have such shitty taste in music, they also have these stupid trends. Something new that everyone is doing is saying "or naw." I'm also sick of the word "j's." It's funny when people say it in vines, but it's not funny when everyone uses the phrases that they see from vines 24/7. If I wasn't up-to-date on popular trends for today, I would believe that everyone around me was fucking retarded.

Sorry for the rant there, had to get that out of my system.