Until It's Gone to Premiere Monday, May 5th at 7:30PM BST on BBC Radio 1 with Zane Lowe

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, May 2, 2014.

1. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I have no clue what this means.

2. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Vine? The six-second video social media type thing. People in my grade take funny phrases from them and repeat them all the time. It's funny at first when people use a certain phrase at the right time, but after a day it's already old.

3. mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

I was 16 when Meteora came out and I honestly thought it was the coolest music ever. I got into HT AFTERWARDS, but was always more fond of Meteora. As I got older and went to college I was always a little apprehensive of letting people know I continued to listen to them because it got "less cool" but I always did anyway. I'm happy they came out with ATS because it truthfully rejuvenated my love for the band. Can't wait for THP sounds legit!

4. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

I'm 34 and I've listened to them since I was 21.

Some are surprised that I like them not due to my age, but the fact that I'm a HUGE progressive metal/rock fan.

ATS is really deep and moving IMO.

Relax's the hell out of me.

5. DarrenLP

DarrenLP You're Guilty All The Same

So I'm not the only one who's always wanted an album sounding like QWERTY! Ever since I heard that song I wished they'd release an entire album of heavy songs like that, and after hearing Guilty All The Same and hearing how heavy the album is supposed to be, I got super excited that my wish is coming true haha

6. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

J's means Jordan's, as in the shoes.

7. SigmaZero

SigmaZero Well-Known Member

Dude, I funking love QWERTY! As much as I enjoy everything they've put out since then, I always wondered why the hell they don't play to their full potential, or at least a lot closer to it, and just release an insane metal album. So yeah, I'm right there with you. It sounds like our dream is finally coming to fruition.

8. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I know what Vines are. I just don't know what this whole "J" shit is.

9. BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

This. Haha.

10. DarrenLP

I thought I was the only one haha. But yeah, QWERTY has always been one of my favorite songs of all time. It just gets me so pumped! I was stoked when they played part of it on the last tour as part of a medley. I wish they'd play it live in full. But now that THP is coming out and is so heavy, there'll be plenty of songs like it in the sets.

11. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

12. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Oh sorry, didn't see you quoted that part. :sweating:

Looks like deftonesfan took care of that, though.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  13. SigmaZero

SigmaZero Well-Known Member

With all the new heaviness, I would hope they make it a point to play it on this tour.

14. DarrenLP

I wish they would but I'm not getting my hopes up haha

15. Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

What's weird is that the lyrics and the song titles are fairly similar to ATS. This whole war topic seems to pop back up and I feel that LP makes this as a ATS rock part 2. And then at the end of this album, "a line in the sand" will kinda be the end and will be a soft ending song. Just pure speculation but who knows

16. leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

With all this Meteora talk:

I got Meteora when I was 11 or 12 (I didn't get it on release day so I'm not sure how old I was when I got it. I got it some time in 2003). I had been a fan since I first heard One Step Closer and my mom bought me Hybrid Theory when I was like 8. I loved those albums when I was younger but have moved away from them in more recent years. I do listen to each about 1-3 times a year (usually while playing some old video game or doing something nostalgic) but they just don't have the same impact for me musically that they once did. I love A Thousand Suns and Minutes to Midnight and listen to both pretty regularly. Living Things is in the rotation as well but the first two albums have kind of become a novelty to me - something that I can only listen to under certain conditions or else they're impossible to get into.

17. mastae

mastae Some Honky

I sometimes wonder what it's like for middle schoolers today since LP was sort of still the MAIN-MAINSTREAM when I was that age. Like no one referred to it as depressing music, because everyone was jamming out to LP and Three Days Grace and that ilk. There doesn't seem to be any of that out there in the limelight these days.

18. DarrenLP

Hybrid Theory and Meteora are 2 of only a handful (about 5 others?) of albums that I can listen to from start to finish at any given time and enjoy it. Especially Hybrid Theory, which just so happens to be my favorite album of all time.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  19. mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

Probably the exact point of this new album. And I think they'll reignite a hungry fan base as well in the process of giving kids a taste of some rock music instead of shit like of monsters and men or something.

Not that they are bad but in terms of mainstream rock, I def was not listening to that kind of stuff as a kid...

20. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

The funny part when I accidentally put my iTunes in shuffle, Then suddenly two of the tracks from LPU XIII, Primo & Three Band Terror played after I played Ain't It Fun (Paramore) then my friends asked me if those tracks belonged to Paramore. Haha I replied, "What? No! That's LP".. They all were amazed and shocked like "Seriously? You're kidding, right?", My respond was, "Hey! I'm serious! That's LP" ... All they know about LP were Hybrid Theory, Meteora & New Divide. The most shocking part is that they claimed New Divide as an album even if that was a fuckin' single for Transformers: ROTF.. (Sigh)