Until It's Gone to Premiere Monday, May 5th at 7:30PM BST on BBC Radio 1 with Zane Lowe

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, May 2, 2014.

1. insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

I can't believe how poppy it sounds, it really surprised me, also despite the fact the guitar and lyrics were great, for two songs in a row Chester's vocals were weak. In fact judging by all the previews and that teaser especially, I was excepting Chester to let loose and scream loudly just once, but every time he got close, it felt like he copped out of doing it. I mean the only time it ever came slightly close to it was at the very, very end.

This does not bode well for the rest of the album, and Mike needed to beef up his part as well, I have a horrible MTM feel from both songs.

2. ryyyylp

ryyyylp Well-Known Member

High five that keyboard homie, you did it! You showed them!

Ps. Song is really good, combine this with GATS and we could be on to something.

3. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Bravo. Anyways I find it incredibly ironic how you describe Until It's Gone exactly like any songs from Hybrid Theory and Meteora before mourning the loss of Nu-Metal Linkin Park. Let's take a look:

HYBRID THEORY & METEORA
    Keyboard? - Check
    Weak Guitar? - It may be noisy as hell but it's certainly still weak
    Shut up when I'm talking to you x 1000? - Check
    Scream? - You bet (why is this a bad thing exactly?)
    End? - hmmm well all songs have an end

The 2000-2003 era of Linkin Park has been dead for about 8 years now. The band has moved on. You should too.

4. emptyspaces0

emptyspaces0 Hunter Eats Hunter

I personally think this song is a step in the right direction. But you guys are overlooking everything, be happy that you got a pretty decent song.

5. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

Weird. Linkin Park posted the official lyric video on facebook but now they deleted the post.

6. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I really like this song, for the most part. I have a feeling that I will like this song more once I hear the higher-quality iTunes version, which should end up as the official album version. Apparently, this version is a better mix of the song, too. Lastly, I don't think there's anything wrong with taking a familiar phrase or saying and building a song around it, especially if the take on the subject is fresh. I can definitely say that I've never heard anyone say that phrase the way Chester sings (and screams) it :lol:

7. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

[​IMG]

8. Jovertop

Jovertop Well-Known Member

i hate all the discussing. sorry. i like it and if people doesnt they've got bad luck

9. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

And this was necessary why? You've received a infraction for basically taunting another member for no reason. Tensions are already high in other threads from people arguing over the new song, and we don't need your unnecessary post I've quoted above making another fight break out. There's no way with how long you've been a member here that you aren't aware of the rules so please try to follow them in the future. Yes that member was banned, but this was still ridiculously stupid and unnecessary.

10. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

You're right, sorry about that.