[AUDIO] Until It's Gone - Listen to Linkin Park's New Single from The Hunting Party

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 5, 2014.

Faker

Faker Well-Known Member

This song beat the shit out of coldplay's new song

wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

And here we go again

RIGHT now im back in 2003
    I respect other opiniones but
    You will be thankful when uig give you a break from
    The rest of the album

Its a son from meteora and ATS

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Can you blame people for expecting that though? Literally every single interview Mike does about this album, when asked about what it sounds like/what inspired it, he goes on his whole PR campaign about how music today is too soft and pop.

GATS, even though I've probably listened to it less than 10 times since it's release, pretty much backs his statements up. This song does not, at all.

rcm034

rcm034 Well-Known Member

This track really would be more guitar driven and much better overall if it weren't mixed so damn loud...

It's at the point that every track is made as loud as possible. Nothing has it's own place. Everything is competing. It's at the point that they are using stereo widening to make the guitars louder in the chorus because there's no more room to turn up volume.

They can't even let the distortion bring the guitars up front because everything has so much top end jacked onto it already...

Other than that, great song.

Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

Not sure why it being on radio is an excuse to drop the quality of a song so dramatically. Compared to GatS this song is garbage.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Couldn't agree more.

NegaBBB

NegaBBB Member

I am amazed that after so many years of writing they still have unique and amazing sound. I bow to them.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

The lyrics are dope, the delivery was cool but I almost felt like I was listening to BSB.

Did Andy Wallace do this fucking mix? shame on him.

LPFreak64

LPFreak64 BACON!!!

Highlights: Organs & Bells, Synths, Guitar Screech after Chorus #1, Ending Screams
    Lowlights: Lyrics

Overall: 8.5/10

For comparison, GATS: 9/10

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

If that guitar riff in the chorus and the drums were turned up and the synth turned down, this song would be 10/10.

You have to strain to hear it but that chorus guitar riff is dope. I hope this album isn't mixed badly in regards to the drums/guitar/bass across the board. Based on the interviews I doubt it but this was the only red flag for me.

niklp

niklp Work hard , dream big

For me it's seems a bit incomplete , i really like the bridge but lyric get bored me. I think that the synth are so poppy but they give a particoular touch to the song . It will grown on me for sure but as a first impression.....uhm...nothing special , and this is the single....mah..

brianlp01

brianlp01 Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree with you anymore. Coldplay's latest release is a slap in the face to the loyal fans. It's your typical pop song the Rihanna would put out. But like i said earlier, UIG is the song Warner begged LP to make so they can throw something on the top 40 stations. I like the song but it will fade into the abyss like Burn It Down did for me.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

It's good, like a 7.5/10, but like people said, it's very reminiscent of LT and didn't blow me away like GATS. Feels like the kind of song I wouldn't skip when I'm spinning THP but wouldn't include in a LP mix down the line.

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

It's a good song, but GATS is a lot better IMO. GATS really surprised me whereas this sounds like something you'd expect from LP.
    Like others have said, the lyrics are a bit weak, but I love the chorus and Chester's vocals are great!

Really good lyric video btw! Almost looks like an official video.

EDIT:
    I can imagine this as a Transformers 4 song.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
    hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

Exactly.

This, more than anything is what rustles my jimmies. I'm not fooling myself, the album isn't going to be very heavy (this is LP after all) but I expected something more than this. It sounds like by the numbers LP. I am sure I am going to be in the minority with this opinion but oh well.

wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

And suddenly we all are sound engeineirs
    The song is so good
    So was GATS
    THP seems so tasty right now
    And make this experiment i jut did
    Take your car and drive 20 minutes while listening
    To both GATS and uig that will make you to value the difference betwen both

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

"LIES GREED MISERY" was not a single.

Seriously? You're saying a track shouldn't be included on an album if it sounds nothing like the rest of it? :huh:

I don't even know what to say.

I've literally heard that album over 50 times and I haven't noticed anything :lol:

Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

lol what happened to the orchestra? Not sure what to think. So much hype behind this song and we are given this.

Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Where does this information come from? I hope there will be other songs with "catchy" melodies (they still can ne heavy) and not just hard songs for the sake of being hard. But until today LP always had something for me so I am pretty sure they can keep their track record with me :)

20. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Well when it sounds like it was mixed in a tin can, we're going to be that way.

I did love this song when I heard it on the sampler, but I was under the impression that was an unmastered mix. The fact that the final product sounds exactly the same is worrisome for me. There's no reason why any Linkin Park track should ever sound this 'muddied'...especially not from Andy Wallace who mixed the legendary "Nevermind" by Nirvana. This just sounds flat. There's amazing elements in this song that are just buried in the mix.

I clarified that almost immediately that I meant keyboard synths and strings and not a live orchestra. With how buried things are in the song though it's easy to understand why nobody hears it. I really wish they'd redo the mix.